How much does your gear weigh?

mcnuggets

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha. Thanks. Its *almost* perfect. Should reinforce the added pouches with kevlar thread but its on their strong for now.

Balances and carries the weight much better then my old MOLLE armor systems. Which is why I think rigging your gear right is half the issue with it being "too heavy."

• 8 months later...

Hum, let's see: <_<

AEG= 3.5 Kg

Pistol+spare mag= 1.7 Kg

Water= 2.0 Kg

10 Pmags= 1.0 Kg

Helmet+goggles= 2.0 Kg

Tools+2000 bb's= 1.5 Kg

Vest+radio= 2.0 Kg

Around 13.7 Kg, estimated, may vary, sometimes I don't carry my pistol, usually would be 12-ish Kg. :rolleyes:

Cheers.

pics050.jpg

Last time I checked I regularly carry 30-40lbs of gear.

Kit break down:

12 Star Parkerized metal 140rd Midcaps

3L Camelback

ICOM radio

x2 fake SAPI plates

If I include my 1st line its another 5lbs of gear maybe even ten.

1st line break down:

x4 G19 mags

Safariland holster

Glock 19

Edit**

O yea I forgot, my gun weights 13lbs...

I carry something between 10-15 pounds of gear to a game, usually I strip that off and carry 6 pounds or something. But I still want something more highspeed, something that divides the weight on my body better and also something heavy, like a complete armor carrier but only carrying things I need.

I used to carry a MAP on my back but I hate how I have to attach it to my RRV so I usually just put the MAP filled with water in the staging area and carry a canteen on my RRV. As I have my rig now, its almost perfect, just want a radio and get rid of my triple mag pouch and get a double and add pouches for grenades. I use about four mags a day anyway and I can carry up to nine mags at a time...

at a guess id say 4-5 KGs not including weapons or clothing. no idea what that is in lbs. occasionally i think " this is a bit heavy", but its never really hindered my.

i wear standard issue PLCE webbing, comfy as anything and can get lots of stuff in it.

12 mags

water bottle

2x basic med kit

ammo bag

water proof jacket (very small)

mess tins w/ hexi burner.

i only have the mess tins as they keep the bungee around the pouches tight and make the webbing fit. they weigh about 1/2 or 3/4KG so they arent particularly heavy. i could probably do without the water proof, tins and med kits but really its no hassle at all carrying them.

i used to use a day sack. id have 4 mags in a cut down set of webbing, and the other 8 in the bag. also in the bag was the water bottle and spare ammo. it was very nice, but i kept running out of stuff, or there would be a lull in the game and i would think "could do with some water" and not have any on me. then i got given the webbing from the cadets and after a couple of patrols it became second nature, almost makes me feel more "secure" if you get me. knowing i have every thing i need

Nothing I have on me, is there unless I NEED it. So the weight varies. Sure it's good exercise I suppose but I have some particularly unpleasant memories of 24 click roadmarches in full battle order including SBOs with coke cans filled with sand in the pouches and just about the entire godamned cabinet of issued equipment stuffed into the backpacks.

No pics but a loadout with:

EI CIRAS

5x EI M4 Doubles

2x EI .45 Doubles

1x EI SingleM4/Double .45 Kydex

1x EI Util. Pouch

1x EI Admin w/Light

1x EI MAP

Safariland 6004 Sprngfld 1911 w/M6X

EI Duty belt

Danner Desert TFX

WE Wilson Combat 1911

Systema M4A1

DD MK18 rail

TD VFG

Magpul MIAD

EoTech 551

LaRue ECOS-C

TROY Rear and Front flip ups

PEQ-15

Surefire light

TOTAL weight 50lbs on the nose LOL

For a long time, the limited amount of equipment that I actually owned meant that I would usually go out with nothing more than a belt with a Soviet 4-mag pouch and a water canteen. 5 100-round midcaps can give you a remarkable amount of distilled pain for you to dish out. : )

Recently though my gear has become heavier, and to mark my return to airsoft after a fairly long break, I will probably be going out with 10 midcaps, 4-8 moscart shells, 1l of water plus god knows whatever else I shove into my pockets. :D

For airsoft, I use an SBO usually (it is my favourite vest for 'softing', takes M4 and UZI mags), but I also have a custom designed DPM vest (For AUG), Rhodesian Chest rig (SLR, AK, P90).

My usual load is.

- Primary mags 5-6 GBBR or AEG mags

- 2ndary

- 2ndary mag

- 2 canteens

- Radio + headset

- Pocket Knife

- small torch

- Cam Paint

- Poncho

- Util pouch attached to the belt with map of the AO, notebook, jackrats, extra 500 rounds of ammo.

Then I carry an ancient 1970's Rhodesian Daypack or a DPM daypack, with:

- Food

- 2000 of ammo

- Extra comms gear

- Smock/Jacket

- 2nd primary (P90 or Mini UZI), + mags

- Gas

- 2 Litres of water

So easily over 40lbs, though combat weight of webbing is about 20 +- 5lb, since I usually ditch my daypack at an RV point.

I excluded my primary, which could be as light as a P90/Mini UZI, medium weight of a HK33/Steyr AUG/M4 w/w-o M203, heavy weight of a SLR/Type 97 w/M203, or a full blown M249. Basically adding between 4 lb or 17lb.

Where I am, weather changes quite quickly, and our AO can be as small as 0.5 km^2 or 4km^2 where vehicles can only access certain parts of it, and usually out there from between 4hrs to over 24hrs. I do carry what I need out there without having to RTB to the cars.

In one 5hr game we have been to, we moved approximately 8km on the day, with very little running.

As they say: ...Regardless night or day, seasons or terrain... :)

Weight is subjective. Some people can carry it with ease, and some feel overburdened by their gun alone.

I've never weighed it, but this is what I carry to just about ever game- plus, but not pictured, a MAP, safariland, and Mich. Less we forget the guns themselves.

RICAS015.jpg

It's a matter of preference and personal health when you boil it down.

Archived