:'( My cat....

kliskey

My kittens were let out for the first time today. I have two, one female and the other male.

Boris, the male is chubby, dumb and really scared of everything, I mean, he was walking like a drunk man when he first tried walking on grass :P

Clara, is the opposite, very much a tomboi. She will just run and hope for the best, explores anything and everything and doesn't worry about the consequence.

But of course, the one to run up the tree was Boris... I.D.I.O.T!

He has now been stuck up there for 5 hours, its raining and there are about 11 Crows flying around its pinnacle :(

The tree is 35m tall, its a conifer, so incredibly flimsy, and I am not sure what to do. We placed our tallest ladder by the tree trying to encourage him to come down, and placed food at the base. Still nothing :(

He was at the top, but because it started raining, he has moved down 1 branch into the cover.

DSC05847.jpg

DSC05849.jpg

DSC05853.jpg

We phoned the RSPCA and they basically told us to bugger off, and the Fire brigade wanted like £150 :o

So basically, have you any idea what we should do? :(

*Upset* Klis.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would if I could mate - conifers have no low branchs, and if they do, they snap like matches. the tree has a lower diameter, of well, less then 2 meteres. If i tried climbing it.... Well put it this way, it would be easier to get a chainsaw, and frankly, both would result in a cat pancake.... :(

Cats are very sturdy, even as kittens. Shake the little devil out of there, or tie a rope to the tree as high as you can get with a ladder and pull it over, then shake it. You won't hurt the cat, they can fall from just about any height. Been known for a cat to fall over ten storeys and survive without a scratch.

Cats are very sturdy, even as kittens. Shake the little devil out of there, or tie a rope to the tree as high as you can get with a ladder and pull it over, then shake it. You won't hurt the cat, they can fall from just about any height. Been known for a cat to fall over ten storeys and survive without a scratch.

Not true they land and break there jaws,

Just leave him up there, he will come down himself

They are hardy buggers, one of mine took on a car last week and lost, wouldn't have noticed had he not hopped on the table infront of me to get his belly rubbed exposing his rather torn up rear leg with claws hanging off, ouch, quick trip to the vet to make sure he was ok and he was fine,

Yours will come down on his own when he is ready, espesh if he has no balls, if he hasn't been neutered he may well go for a wee walkabout, but he'll return :)

So chop their bits off before ever letting them out and they'll have less adventurous tendancies (sounds like being married......ouch :D)

£150???? What brigade is that?

Ive done a few animal rescues (including a bird from a tree...don't ask) and the owners have never been charged. Its a special service in brigade lingo, and should be covered. Unfortunately, nowadays the whole of the UKs civil brigades are forced to run like a business, and utimately is all about the £££.

Klisley, any update? Trouble is tallest ladder on uk fire appliances is 13.5 meters, anything over will have to be ladder platforms/skylifts etc.

I know its tough, but if he's still up there, get the brigade out, and either put the cost down to experience or, go to the papers afterwards, and make people aware of the charge.

Really feel for you, my little 9 week old kitten went missing the other day, even though i knew she would be curled up somewhere warm I was still clucking around like a mother hen until I found her (i'd left the back door open by accident)

Im sure your kat will climb down himself as soon as he figures out how.

Agreed.

I had a kitten that climbed up a tall palm tree as it was curious about a bird's nest up there. I left him alone, he stayed up there for about an hour, and he eventually meowed and climbed down on his own. I'm no animal psychologist, but I think the more people get nervous about their cats in trees, hollering and attempting to rescue it, the more anxious the cats get about coming down.

It may seem cruel, but have you tried spraying it with water?

My cat did the same thing (tree was not as big) shake the tree till the cats get disturbed then they will fall down the branches and land on their feet.

my cat did it twice the second time we left him up there for a week ! before he decided he was hungry and just lept down the tree i was like WTF the cat could have come down anytime it wanted.

My kittens were let out for the first time today. I have two, one female and the other male.

Boris, the male is chubby, dumb and really scared of everything, I mean, he was walking like a drunk man when he first tried walking on grass :P

Clara, is the opposite, very much a tomboi. She will just run and hope for the best, explores anything and everything and doesn't worry about the consequence.

But of course, the one to run up the tree was Boris... I.D.I.O.T!

He has now been stuck up there for 5 hours, its raining and there are about 11 Crows flying around its pinnacle :(

The tree is 35m tall, its a conifer, so incredibly flimsy, and I am not sure what to do. We placed our tallest ladder by the tree trying to encourage him to come down, and placed food at the base. Still nothing :(

We phoned the RSPCA and they basically told us to bugger off, and the Fire brigade wanted like £150 :o

So basically, have you any idea what we should do? :(

*Upset* Klis.

sigh*

thats why you NEVER let a cat outside, they are clearly domesticated animals, and especially if it was a kitten.

but, I suppose you could have several people around the tree with a blanket, and then use a hose to shoot it out.

Cut down the tree.

got anything you could spread around the bottom of the tree to soften the impact should the poor kitty fall? aww poor kitty.. mewww

mewww poor kitteh! :(

I wanna go up that tree to give the poor kitten a hugz.

lol aww i just love cats sooo much mewwwww

I am getting the impression that you like cats Punky Pink...

Archived