:'( My cat....

kliskey

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dogs are too easy to be friendly with, it's like a blind follower of a cult or something. Cats are much more interesting because they will express themselves with emotions other than being happy.

If my dog is anything to do by, dogs can quite easily display other emotions besides happy. She gets stroppy if people dont make the effort to go to her to give her attention, she gets jealous if it looks 'her' family members are being taken from her, gets seriously ###### if she has certain foods/objects that she decides are hers. Hell she even growled to my face when sitting on my lap once in the first couple of months we had her.

Blind follower? HA! :P

Dogs are too easy to be friendly with, it's like a blind follower of a cult or something. Cats are much more interesting because they will express themselves with emotions other than being happy.

I'm hoping to get a couple cats when I move out of the dorms.

Tell that to all the sabotage my dog does when no-one is looking, or when I jump over a ditch and she decides not to (resulting in me tripping over)! Her expressions of emotions are also simply so human that I wonder how anyone that _surely_ has experience with dogs can claim that. ;)

Aww, I miss our doggie. Too bad the company I rent my flat from doesn't allow pets, I could have her here for some weeks at a time at least. This brings me to a quite funny kitten during our last game by the way. A briefing was going on, with about 40 people. Then this small kitten comes along and starts to go nuts in front of all our eyes. No need to say that the briefing was delayed as everyone was watching the kitty in awe. :)

If my dog is anything to do by, dogs can quite easily display other emotions besides happy.

Agreed, my dog definitely feels guilt. She has a mat to sleep on, but as soon as everyone's gone to bed, she jumps onto the couch and sleeps there. When someone comes into the room in the morning, she jumps off and has an unmistakable look of shame on her face at being caught.

I've never cared much for cats.

Lo, but random fact time did you know according to wikipedia (therefore absolving me of all blame if the information is incorrect) that dogs are only cpable of roughly ten different vocalisations whilst cats can perform over one hundred different variations, therefore proving cats are like politicians.

They're evil! At least, mine is :diablo:

we're evil... but so cute! :)

Im not a fan of cats. Anything that pretends to be your friend, lets you cuddle it, then claws your thigh anyway deserves to be drop-kicked!

Bloody traitors!

Never had a cat claw my thighs. In fact I just befriended another a couple hours ago. Might be because I'm a cat myself :D

From The Devil's Dictionary:

Cat, n. A soft, indestructible automaton provided by nature to be kicked when things go wrong in the domestic circle.

Dog, n. A kind of additional or subsidiary Deity designed to catch the overflow and surplus of the world's worship. This Divine Being in some of his smaller and silkier incarnations, takes, in the affection of Woman, the place to which there is no human male aspirant. The Dog is a survival--an anachronism. He toils not, neither does he spin, yet Solomon in all his glory never lay upon a door-mat all day long, sun-soaked and fly-fed and fat, while his master worked for the means wherewith to purchase an idle wag of the Solomonic tail, seasoned with a look of tolerant recognition.

Archived