:'( My cat....

kliskey

like i said, best thing to do is leave some food out for it and just leave it until it decides to come down (whether on all 4 feet or all of 35 feet) My parents when they were younger used to have a cat that deliberately used to run up the telegraph pole at the back of the house and spend all day yowling it's head off. People would see it and call the fire brigade who upon arrival, the cat would shoot down the telegraph pole and hide in the bushes (little sod) and then when the fire brigade left, the little git would go back up the telegraph pole and carry on yowling.

Cats, eh? :lol:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People would see it and call the fire brigade who upon arrival, the cat would shoot down the telegraph pole and hide in the bushes (little sod) and then when the fire brigade left, the little git would go back up the telegraph pole and carry on yowling.

i think my cat might be related :o

my cat did it twice the second time we left him up there for a week ! before he decided he was hungry and just lept down the tree i was like WTF the cat could have come down anytime it wanted.

Don't leave any food out for it, if it wants to eat it'll come back into the house to get food, or else it'll come down, feed, then shoot back up the tree, EPIC FAIL :P

And as mentioned, don't fuss over it, it's a cat, they've been climbing trees since their bodies evolved into the perfect climbing/falling machine :)

Tree??....i think you'll find its a chamaecyparis lawsoniana, or lawson cypress as far as i can tell from the pics....

i trained as a tree surgeon.

If it still doesn't come down with lighting a fire at the base, shooting it with a water/40mm,etc.

Try giving a local tree surgery firm a call they might go up and get it for a smaller fee than the fire brigade.

Or just get a big trampoline!

wait for him to come down. theres a good chance he might hurt himself if he gets shaken out. the safest hight for a cat to fall is 7+ storeys as at that point the cat reaches terminal velocity and basically becomes a living parachute. if it's a great hight, but less than 7 storeys theres a chance he might get injured.

1) Leave it alone

2) 40mm grenade

3) Spray it with water

4) cut down the tree

5) fire

6) build a 35m tall earth mound around the tree

7) send the other one up so its got some company

8) plant a far more substantial type of tree beside the weeny one, wait 40 years then clibmb up it once its grown

9) just give in and buy a dog

Thankfully all is well :D A neighbour who claimed he had a "bigger ladder" (yeah right <_< ) climbed partially up the tree and egged him down :)

He was shaking the whole time, drenched and cold from the rain, and moping. So i figured he wouldn't do it again.... This morning when I let him out, he practically went around my back garden searching for other, though smaller trees to climb :PLittle fat rascal!

But yeah, also, to those deconstructive posts, shame on you ;) If you cause harm to little critters when you 'soft, then shame on you! Though, kinda made me laugh until someone said light the tree... I mean dude! Tree's keep you alive!

Punky, Ill get some pics up for you :P

Thankfully all is well :D A neighbour who claimed he had a "bigger ladder" (yeah right <_< ) climbed partially up the tree and egged him down :)

He was shaking the whole time, drenched and cold from the rain, and moping. So i figured he wouldn't do it again.... This morning when I let him out, he practically went around my back garden searching for other, though smaller trees to climb :PLittle fat rascal!

But yeah, also, to those deconstructive posts, shame on you ;) If you cause harm to little critters when you 'soft, then shame on you! Though, kinda made me laugh until someone said light the tree... I mean dude! Tree's keep you alive!

Punky, Ill get some pics up for you :P

mewwww yay! :D

A kitty that we had untill it was sold;

http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-...475838_6588.jpg

Awwwww so cute katze! meww mew mew mew mewww!!!

Archived