Celcius CTW Video

t_hum

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh... Airsoft is a*fruitcage*ing honor based game for god's sake! Cheating happens.... I mean you can't say for sure if someone is hit unless they say so themselves in most instances (apart from actually seeing them bounce of, leave marks though an optic or close range) so people swapping cylinders are the least of our worries.... Cheaters will be cheaters, and should be dealt with accordingly.... If you can't trust a player to not switch cylinders/up fps/ or increase PSI (in a classic) than they shouldn't be playing airsoft......

Just my $.02

Well, considering that ICS M4s and Systema PTWs have been able to do this for years I don't really see the problem. I haven't seen many threads screaming about the ICS and PTW cheaters who swap their M100s to M120s.

Ok, so the hot-swappable cyclinder doesn't tickle your fancy... What about the PTW gearbox, real-steel specs, etc etc? Regardless of whether these features are truly needed, the "special" thing about the CTW is that it clones the ever over-hyped PTW.

Oh wow I didn't know that haha. I don't know much about the PTWs actually.

Most games i play at with my ICS wrap the chrono approved zip tie around my receiver so I cant open it and swap on the field....

Makes sense, that's a good procedure.

Eh... Airsoft is a*fruitcage*ing honor based game for god's sake! Cheating happens.... I mean you can't say for sure if someone is hit unless they say so themselves in most instances (apart from actually seeing them bounce of, leave marks though an optic or close range) so people swapping cylinders are the least of our worries.... Cheaters will be cheaters, and should be dealt with accordingly.... If you can't trust a player to not switch cylinders/up fps/ or increase PSI (in a classic) than they shouldn't be playing airsoft......

Just my $.02

the difference being that if someone doesn't call a hit nobody really gets hurt... when someone takes a 600fps shot at 40 feet, that's a different story.

Personally I don't see the reason for anything above 450ish fps in the first place... I like my teeth, face, skin etc and if you don't like it... well go ahead and shoot me, but keep it safe okay :D

Really though, there doesn't seem to be much special about these except for the swappable cylinder thing. That's pretty cool but not worth that much money... Also anyone else see the potential for abuse? Some dumb nut chronoes his gun with one cylinder, then swaps it out and shoots 600fps all day... That would be really lame

If people are swapping ICS cylinders at your field in the middle of a game to get around chronoing then find a different group of people. I cant think of a soul at the field I play at that would even contemplate going above our limits mid way through the game. Ziptying the reciever is alright, except that you know, it kind of is a huge hinderance to comfort. If a player cant be trusted with the max allowable fps for full auto then you should allow them to use that gun, simple as that.

The only thing in the Systema PTW that intrests me is the electricals (which are not that impressive considering how cheap SW-Comp/Evolutions are) and the planetary gearbox.

In the video, is it just me or is the gun lacking the famous Systema PTW sound and sounds more like a regular AEG? Maybe I should go watch some more Systema PTW videos but I remember them having a distinct sound and this last video sounded terribly like a regular AEG.

Hopefully it'll come with a decently accurate barrel and hop up rubber, etc. If they improve upon the problems of the Systema, then maybe it has a fighting chance. If not, well.... lets wait and see if it even comes out first.

I think the sound was quite close, it differs somewhat from witch compination of cylinder and battery you use.

As for improvements, those who have knowledge about the insides of PTW and have seen the parts in celciusses page can make conclusion its allmost 100% clone regarding if theyd even tried to "improve". And how´s the systema´s 6,04mm innerbarrel any inaccurate than other pieces of metaltubes 6,04mm of internal diameter? Its the hop up basicly where PTW fails most.

:)

As I said before, Our local retailer The War Store is claiming to have 8 of these on order right now.

Having something on order doesn't mean jackshet. Until they have those 8 and sold it to 8 people, Celcius guns don't exist in my eyes. They're the first US retailer to get it...yet Celcius is based in hong kong? How come the local stores don't have them? Does that make any sense? I thought not.

That's VFC which has produced and put out. You can't compare them to celcius. If I felt celcius was a legit company I wouldn't feel the need to question why someone further away is getting an order.

Beast is merely pointing out that it is within the realm of possibility for a US or UK dealer to get something before someone that is much closer regionally.

Going to chime in real quick.

To the 'They will not offer support unless you are military or LE' - it's going to be pretty hard for them to sell these in the United States with out major changes to them due to the patents that Systema has on the gear box design. I do believe they also have patents in Japan and Europe, which leaves me wondering what market these are going for.

As of right now I still think this is vaporware...

And to agree with Mags.. Challenge kit is 900~ish dollars... Magazines (10) is 140$.. Unless these guns are remarkably cheaper or fix some known issues with the PTW, where is the incentive? If my PTW breaks, it's under warranty. So I take it to the shop and get it fixed. Often times it will be fixed with newer parts too. I had a motor go in my M16, it was the older... so I got a brand new 480. Wallace also gave me the V3 microchips too, for free. I call that service, and worth it to me.

• 10 months later...
What ever happened to the Celcius.. there was lots of build up, its coming, its coming.. then nothing. Did they come out, who sells thems, what was the reviews on them?

fire-support have them in stock i think but not on their website yet. I know the yanks love them but i believe celcius have been making small changes to sort out some niggles that have come to light but atleast they are addressing the problem and supplying gen 1 owners with upgraded parts!

As usual however we get screwed over here so they are £600, in the states they are $600 so might be worth importing?

QUOTE (hugh_b @ Aug 31 2009, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fire-support have them in stock i think but not on their website yet. I know the yanks love them but i believe celcius have been making small changes to sort out some niggles that have come to light but atleast they are addressing the problem and supplying gen 1 owners with upgraded parts!

As usual however we get screwed over here so they are £600, in the states they are $600 so might be worth importing?

Thanks

Any links to reviews etc any search I do... bring up links pre release and is PTW vs CTW and claims of vapor ware etc

i take it you have checked youtube? there are a couple of shooting vids from actual users on there. I think production is quite slow so they are backed up on orders, well it looks that way from what i've seen on the net.

I did hear of someone going into fire-support to have a look at one and not thinking much of it but everyone's perception of a nice aeg is different so until i see one if the flesh i couldn't give a definite answer as to how good/nice they are.

Archived