Geistandcomewhatmay and Black Jack

Black Jack

Okay so I will admit this wasn't my best or smoothest deal I've done but I have reasons for all of them.

Geistandcomewhatmay contacted me asking to buy my MARSOC Rail for 25 Shipped, I said okay and asked him to paypal me... Unfortunately he took a week or so to paypal me so by the time I got the paypal I had forgotten about it, and since I use someone elses paypal account I did not know I had gotten it and had almost forgotten about it. So as time went on I was very busy with school. After a week and half he finally contacts me asking where it was, and I felt extremely bad for having forgotten immediately tried to find something to ship it in and get it sent to him. I threw the rail and screws in an envelope with a piece of paper and asked if it would be okay to ship it like this and was given the go ahead (not from the buyer). And since I had to pay for shipping I can choose whatever way I would like to ship the item, how ever I'd want, unless the buyer makes a request or asks for it to be shipped a certain way, I even stated that in my thread. Nonetheless a few days ago he contacts me saying there is nothing in the envelope (not telling me it could've fallen out) So I start thinking he wants to get me to refund him so he can take the rail and my money. The reason I thought this was because he came off as a complete *albatross*, so I thought he was trying to scam me like I have been before in a somewhat similar way. So after we bickered about it he finally said he was going to complain to paypal, and since it was only 25 bucks I just said What the hell and offered to refund him, now he says no he doesn't want the refund and is going to leave bad feedback and file a complaint.... EVEN AFTER I OFFERED A REFUND! Don't do business with him, he will just jerk you around. He has blocked me from PMing him as well. Does anyone know how I can tell paypal I offered a refund but he wouldn't take it? I don't want bad feedback since I didn't do anything wrong.

Heres a PM:

Negligence? How did it possibly not arrive in the envelope? You did not ask for any insurance or a padded envelope, I sent it the cheapest way for me and the lady said it would be fine.

If you'd used a ziplock bag in the envelope it might've been fine. I assumed you would've used a cheap padded envelope for something(anything other) than paper, otherwise I would have asked and even chipped in more money.

Bottom line is, I didn't receive the item. Refund it or I'll just get it through paypal and leave a negative mark on your record.

I'm not a bad guy, I waited patiently and didn't say a word even after waiting for OVER a week.

If you had the item I'd gladly refund you, I'm sorry if I'm coming off as an *albatross* but I've had people jerk my chain and say they didn't get anything when they really did and rip me off....

Alright. I'll take it up with paypal who will automatically side with me because of how it was shipped and that there was no tracking info on the item.

It's really not that big of a deal. If you'd sent it on time it wouldn't of tried my patience and I might've let it slide.

I tried.

... Fine Send me my envelope back and I'll reimburse you.. I still think you are lying about the rail but whatever I don't want to deal with it anymore, you've already taken enough of my time.

Send you the a 10 cent envelope back? For what reason? Evidence? WTF?

The rail worked it's way through the thin paper envelope genius. Have you ever seen what an envelope goes through amidst all the other mail, it's put under possibly tons of paper, which is exactly why you shouldn't send anything of any substantial width or weight other than,( wait for it......) paper!

I don't rip people off, let alone for a measly 25 dollars. Accusing me of lying is why I am following up on this. Because you're to dim to comprehend something so simple, and need to be made aware it. Instead of realizing your mistake and owning up to it, you've now earned an enemy and bad feedback.

As if my time wasn't wasted aswell.

Like I said, I'll get the money from paypal.

Sigh.... Whatever I tried to refund your money, and if I do and paypal see's that and you leave bad feed-back you will be the one in the wrong... So now you are calling me stupid.. Thanks a lot, I have probably sent more packages then you ever will so I know what I'm doing, the MARSOC rail shouldn't have fallen out but maybe it did, maybe it didn't. I offered a refund and you are still doing this? Common man...

So here are your options Geist: You can file a complaint all you want and I won't send you your money back or you can get a refund.

Also: Please give me your phone number, My father would like to speak with you, we will be filing a counter-complaint.

Can someone PM him about this, I cannot since he blocked me.

SO DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HIM, I tried to straighten things out but he wouldn't take it.

The buyer shouldnt have to ask for common sense things like a padded envelope. Its the sellers responsiblity to make sure the item is properly packaged, and arrives in a safe manner. I think putting that blame on the seller was your mistake. As well as arguing with him over it. All it did just made matters worse when you were in the wrong from the begining. You should have realized your mistake, apologized then offered a refund. Not waited till it came down to him threatening to report you to paypal and seek a refund in that matter.

Just for the record...never send metal pieces in just a plain envelope. A small padded envelope would have costed a whole 99 cents.

I know, when I did offer a refund he refused it...? Why I don't know. So he filed a complaint and I gave him the refund finally after he filed the complaint. To be honest I didn't think I was in the wrong when he filed the complaint, it was because I thought about the envelope and I realized it was only 25 dollars so what the hell. I'm not denying it was my fault, I take the blame now, but I don't know why he didn't want a refund. I'm sorry for the rough deal but I tried to make things right.

Mods please move to resolved matters or close, he took the refund AFTER filing the complaint :/

I did a transaction with him a few months back for an AEG. It went smoothly, but it was supposedly shipped USPS Parcel Post which the post office informed me should have only taken 8 days to arrive, it ended up taking 22 days to arrive. Not sure if he was slow on shipping it out and just didnt tell me, or if it got lost in the disaster that is the US Postal Service.

I really wouldnt have shipped a metal rail, with sharp edges and screws in a standard envelope, you probably should have used a padded envelope. They normally have them for sale at every post office and are relatively cheap.

I hope it works out for you. Let it be a learning experience for you any way.

Moved to resolved but I'd like to add from my own opinion and be as straight forward as possible,

you both *fruitcage*ed up.

You expected payment at a certain time but he delayed sending it by several days without telling you why and then he did not alert you when he finally did send payment. Because of this you had no idea payment was made so the big opening delay that peeved him off and tried his patients is essentually, his fault.

as echoed around above me you should have used a different packaging material than a folded peice of paper with glue on it or as geist suggested at least a inner baggie maybe with some tissue paper around it. Even though they work there the people behind the counter are still just normal people and are not packaging experts especially considering the amount of different sizes and shapes items come in you can't really expect them to anyway. You the seller are responsible for the items you send and to ensure they arrive to the buyer.

He says he received the envelope but he said that when he files a complaint he would say there was no tracking number, I don't believe there are any rules when using paypal that a tracking number is required which seems like he was going to suggest you sent nothing at all and were trying to scam him.

Bit surprised you did not have his phone number black_jack considering your own trade experiences and bad luck that has come with them, I'd have thought you would be asking for full contact information up front as mentioned in the sales forum rules(quoted at the bottom).

Far as the complaint goes there is next to nothing that can be done, I believe you can appeal it but since you have no tracking number all the proof is in geist's hands with that envelope so it would be up to him to say you at least attempted to ship the item.

IMPORTANT - Exchange of Details

If you enter into any form of trade with someone you should exchange the following details (as a minimum) with the other party before proceeding to the point of exchanging goods and money:

Full name

Full home address

Contact phone number (a landline if available)

Primary email contact address (not a free account if possible)

This is extremely important, as several complaints have been made in the past about sellers disappearing. If the individual wants to trade but won't divulge the details above then they cannot be trusted to trade with. With the above information you have some means of tracking that individual down.

Any sellers or buyers that do not wish to divulge the above details to a person that they have agreed a sale with are asked not to advertise on these boards.

Individuals that are reported to us who are advertising, but will not exchange details with an agreed buyer/seller will be banned from the site.

To reiterate for clarity: When a sale or trade is agreed, BOTH PARTIES must exchange details before the exchange of goods.

Optional backup: As a further backup you are welcome to use the email facility on these boards (the email button found in a person's profile or forum post), if available, to send your details to the other party you are trading with. All emails sent through the forum are logged, and if there is an urgent need, an admin can lookup emails that have been sent through the boards.

Emails sent though the forum arrived tagged in your (or the recipient's) email box with "(From ArniesAirsoft Forums)" in the subject line, and the email headers can be checked to verify where the email was sent from. Please be aware that some spam filters falsely block emails from the forums. There is nothing we can do about this.

I did lose my temper with him. At the time i did not realize he was 16 and if I had, I might have given him an easier time.

I paid for the rail two days after making the deal, NOT A WEEK. I also told him when I would pay and why it was delayed when we first made the arrangement. After TWO WEEKS(deal done on AUG 30-Item shipped on SEP.16), and only on my reminder was it shipped, and what BJ failed to mention is that although disappointed, I was not rude, angry, or pushy in any way.

What is shown in the quoted PM's in his first post is my reaction to the refusal of a refund and his implications. What is not shown is the patience and civility I showed him prior to his denial of a refund. I did my best to explain to him perspective to no avail.

When he asked to send the envelope back, and asked me to speak with his father, I realized it wasn't going anywhere and that I'd just go through paypal whom I was confident would side with me. I did not know that i minor could not have an account of their own.

After accepting a refund, I left no negative feedback, either here or with Paypal. Two days later a friend brought this thread to my attention. Days after I've received an apology from the seller.

I have a great track record here and elsewhere for trading, buying and selling. I hope anyone reading this will weigh it against the numerous good deals I have.

When he asked to send the envelope back, and asked me to speak with his father, I realized it wasn't going anywhere and that I'd just go through paypal whom I was confident would side with me. I did not know that i minor could not have an account of their own.

After accepting a refund, I left no negative feedback, either here or with Paypal. Two days later a friend brought this thread to my attention. Days after I've received an apology from the seller.

I have a great track record here and elsewhere for trading, buying and selling. I hope anyone reading this will weigh it against the numerous good deals I have.

Yes, what you didn't realize was that I was trying to be polite and civil by offering a refund and getting my dad to talk to you nicely to take the refund, but no. Instead of taking a refund you found it best to file a complaint, I'm not sure why when i was offering you a refund.

Secondly I tried to PM you about this thread but you blocked me..

I'm sorry this deal didn't go to smoothly (both my fault and yours), I have lost money and a MARSOC rail through this deal, you have lost nothing.

I'm not saying this was your fault, I take the blame, my only problem was the way you handled it afterwards. I admit I was mad, who wouldn't be after someone said the package was empty when you know you put something in it? Which was my fault, but you filing the complaint didn't help.

What I lost was my time. As you grow older and have a solid job, you'll understand.

It's the principal, not the money. Regardless, with the exception of the PMs you showed the community, I've never bad mouthed you publicly. This could've all been avoided if you'd done, what you accepted money do, properly.

I know what time is, I do have a job + school (junior year, the hardest) So i lost time to. You harassed me and threatened me over PM. I can talk about our transaction, it is affecting me as much as you. I don't understand your last sentence.

This could've all been avoided if you'd done, what you accepted money to do, properly

Suggesting he paid you not only for an item but your services in shipping the item.

This over with now and I can put it back in the resolved section?

Just thought I'd come in here and put my 2 cents in. I've dealt with Geist on many occasions and mostly with high dollar items such as upgraded SP M16's and such and he has always been very personable and polite. I just wanted to vouch for him as he has done for me in the past. He's a good guy and I;ve always had the best of dealings with him.

As for the shipping, I usually make it a rule to add between 5-10 dollars onto an item so that I can do UPS shipping. I do the shipping/receiving for my company so I've figured it makes things alot more hassle free if you cover your *albatross* so to speak. Its good for you cause you always have at least 100 in insurance on the item (unless you wish to add more) which is included in the shipping cost, UPS is faster than USPS, and you both get a tracking number to watch its progress. And as always, bubble wrap is your friend and is something you can never really use too much of.

So like I said, this is just my 2 cents. Geist has always been a good guy when I have dealt with him and for shipping just try and look at how you would want an item you purchased to be packaged and sent. Hopefully this all gets worked out gents.

Archived