review of the Ares amp dsr-1

Warning:

. we need btr keys in order to disassemble the dsr-1 (i hadn't...)

. pdi inner barrel diameter is smaller than stock one

. hopup rubber is not required

. 14mm silencers don't fit cos too large, friend of mine saya that king arms sells a compatible silencer

For now i would say ~30m/0.36 straight and ~50m/0.30 straight/green.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry i wasn't understanble -_-

We usually change the rubber with a new inner barrel but here it's not a problem.

When i removed the inner barrel the rubber stayed inside hop-up unit but i was too exited to disassemble the hop-up :P So i simply put the pdi barrel and i didn't find/hear any leak. The update can wait ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Just posting here to say that I just placed an order on WGC, where it is still priced at $768 + shipping.

Not very interresting in itself, except that when I received the shipping quote, I've had a great surprise. Apparently, there's a special offer on the Ares DSR-1, and it's now "only" $650.

Not unhappy to save $118 (especially as this heavy son of a b*tch brings the shipping quote to $135).

That's pretty much £501 (thanks to the crooky Paypal conversion rate)

• 1 month later...

hey

im still here, just have alot on my plate atm so i havent been able to field test it yet.

well not properly field tested it.

i played a skirm with it and she did nice, very nice indeed. although the accuraty can be improved a little bit.( butthen i was using .20 and green gas so its probably that).

i also must say that the weight didnt bother me that much. what did bother me is the shiney silver from the mags, they reflec like hell( guess il have to find some more krylon).

it will be january before i can do an accuraty test, taht has mostly to do with my upcoming exams.

greetz

chaplain

• 2 months later...
Test fired it and it's definatly in need of an HPA conversion. Shots were way to inconsistant to be a reliable sniper rifle in the field. Glad the thing came with it's own donor mag.

Anybody know what type hop bucking this uses before I tear it apart?

Aeg inner barrel/rubber/bucking compatible.

I notice the indent in the middle between the fire and safe indents. I would assume that's the half-safe position, as is common on bolt actions which employ a 3-positions-safety switch.

Does it actually work on the DSR-1?

The AW 338 only has a 2 modes, fire and safety, unlike its real counterpart.

• 10 months later...

Major necropost sorry, but some usefull info if you have this gun.

I love mine to bits, litterally!

Very solidly built and happy with everything except fps. Mine was woefully low. (less than 300 with a 0.2)

Figured it might be due to the gun rather than the mags as both mags perform the same. So I took it apart to look at the nozzle/barrel etc.

Very easy but long winded strip. Nice to see threadlock on grub screws. Very well assembled.

Plastic inner parts where strength not required helps to keep the weight down (ish).

Anyway, barrel/hop /nozzle were all good. Fps still pants.

Looked to bolt/mag and noticed that the flexible nozzle on the mag was not making a very good contact with the rubber seal on the underside of the bolt. I removed the seal, placed a small o ring below it and replaced. Now I'm getting 460fps!

Very happy indeed, well I will be once I get this dropped to 350 for my site.

Edited by Tin

hi,

since a few month i have the Ares CO² mags for the DSR 1...

With 0,40g Mad Bull BB`s i croned 175 m/s ... very hard stuff !!

With my normal gasmags and Yellow gas / 0,40g BB its between 130-135 m/s ..

now its a real powerfull Snipergun ..but with this power you have to keep distance of minimum 60 m.

• 2 weeks later...
hi,

since a few month i have the Ares CO² mags for the DSR 1...

With 0,40g Mad Bull BB`s i croned 175 m/s ... very hard stuff !!

With my normal gasmags and Yellow gas / 0,40g BB its between 130-135 m/s ..

now its a real powerfull Snipergun ..but with this power you have to keep distance of minimum 60 m.

awesome! Did you have any initial problems with the gun or has it worked great stock?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So... What kinda better inner barrel did we decide was best? I ordered one and I should have it around the end of the month. After haveing it for a little wile I might want to upgrade it but it being so exspencive i dont want to butcher it v.v I might put up a new video or something, im so tired of everyone refering to that stupid aatv one -.-

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...