T.A.D. gear

blackopssniper92

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live down the highway from TAD Gear (The HQ in San Francisco) . A great group of guys and airsofters (A few of them belong to Team Ronin). I always feel welcomed and could consider myself a friend with them, as the owner and staff know my name whenever I come around. I'm currently the owner of the TAD Ranger and Scout Hoodies, Tan and Multicam Cargo-10 shorts, ITW Rhino shirt and Rocket World Shirt. Great quality and worth the money you throw down. I'm still thinking of returning for more pieces of gear.

I can't recommend them enough.

Own a Stealth Hoodie; most awesome piece of article I have ever bought. Wear it almost everywhere I go, from airsoft, work (no dress policy), chores, hiking/jogging, etc. I see it more as a functional wear with a splash of tactical.

No one can go over the edge; say he who buying a TAD D.F. Grey Shealth Jacket, S.O. Tech Extended GoBag w/ insert, and "arid marpat"-ing his motorcycle in a year or so. I'll be the most tactical biker in my area :D

Josh, where is that TAD fanboy user bar? :P

I've got a Stealth and I don't leave home without it. It's an amazingly useful jacket. I was wearing mine in a downpour for a good 4 hours straight digging holes and such this weekend and I was dry almost the whole time. I started to get a bit damp at the end, which is impressive for a softshell. I'd say that if you're looking for a new jacket that you'll want to be buried in, get a TAD.

the DF Gray is a very dark gray, you wouldn't be able to see the difference until you put it against something that was truely black. It doesn't breathe as well compaired to the Ranger, which is a breathable fleese. I've sported it in 70 degree, sunny weather, while playing airsoft, and never took it off.

Also...feel free to use this. I made it after a long search for a TAD Gear userbar failed to turn up anything

web.jpg

Panther: The Explorer shell is like a mix of the Stealth Hoodies (with it's Shark/Rhino softshell faboric) and Ranger Hoodies ( Design and layout). I'm not a fan of the softshell due to the faboric (Any softshell fyi, I just don't like the "swish swish" the material makes during movement).

Bronco: Get both if you can, no telling how long the V8 will stay around. I was lucky enough to head into the shop when they were getting rid of the Scout hoodies. Best move I've made imo. got a $70 dollar hoodie for $40!

I've got:

- Pathfinder Hoodie.

- Flux Hoodie.

- Force 10 Legionnaire Trousers.

All of which are excellent, very well made and very comfy kit. They are all pretty lo-pro as well so can be worn out and about without raising too many eye-brows as I'm not one for wandering around town dripping in MOLLE. The Pathfinder is an excellent fleece replacement but a bit warm to be worn consistently at the moment. I live in the Flux Hoodie which is the best thing ever, very comfy, nice looking and warm. The Legionnaire trousers are great too and remind me of the old lightweights with a looser cut. They are also bar-tacked everywhere so are very unlikely to fall apart. It all gets worn at work and cadging about.

I'm put off their shell jackets by the velcro on the sleeves, don't need it, don't want it and the SORD Jacket seems more robust with the cordura reinforcement. The new lo-pro jacket is cool though but very similar to a TNF jacket I already own. I guess I'm lacking a niche not already filled by something else.

On the horizon I'll be grabbing a few pairs of their Force 10 Trousers (probably in twill and amphib) and the SSS which looks like great mid-weight jumper. Plus whatever other crack kit they come up with next.

I own a TAD Stealth Jacket V4 and a TAD Ranger Hoodie. They are simply the best jackets I have ever worn. Comfortable, warm, water resistant (Stealth) and they just look great.

I don't consider them tactical gear, seeing as I wear them every day. The only possible flaw is price.

QFT :D

I have a DE Explorer Hoodie and a Gen 3 Fast Pack in MC - Both are excellent and boast incredibly high workmanship. Worth every penny, especially as I use mine pretty much everyday and not just in the 'soft.

Can anyone comment on the sizing? I'm a pretty thin guy, 5'10", 135lbs. I'm looking at the Flux Pullover Hoodie and I'm not sure if I should go for the small or medium.

http://www.tadgear.com/x-treme%20gear/appa...over_hoodie.htm

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

I've got a shelth hoodie in ME wear it pretty much everyday for work and play. I was put off by the price at first, and when it arrived i did wonder if it had been such a good investment.

It was! you really do get what you pay for.

i'll be buying more bits from them in the future

The return policy is pretty good. Give them a call tomorrow and ask about they're return and exchange policy. They seem fairly flexable with it comes to purchese and returns. (I asked if I could buy online, but pick up in store. Both the TAD's Marketing head [whos also the model for the Battle hoodie ] and Patrick [owner] said that it was possible and welcomed. )

It doesn't hurt to ask ^_^

On a off topic question: I've been trying to find good images and loadouts from COD4. Given the nature of the game, and that its impossable to get good picts while playing, I'm wondering if anyone has made Ultranationalist's Loadouts and what does it contain for the various models. I've done the searches...but it seems on Arnies that is "blocked"? Any help would be awesome.

Archived