Airsoft scrabble.

WhutJP

Okay, so I came up with a game idea for a small group of people to play (i.e 4 -6) and i thought i would share it with you guys.

What you need: A scrabble set - I have the travel sized set and its probably best because the letters clip on to the board and the letter stands fold up and can be stored away (stops the other team looking at your letters) but a normal one would work too.

You will also need your airsoft stuff.

The Game:

Assuming this is a game with 4 people in it, there are 2 2-man teams.

Objective of the game: win scrabble.

There is a set time limit for the game, perhaps around 1hr.

The scrabble set is place in the middle of the play area, preferably in open space with no cover near by.

The aim of each team is to eliminate the opposite team and make a move in scrabble before they respawn.

The respawn time is short, around 1 minute starting from the time the last team member is back in the safety zone.

Once the team has made their move they have to get to cover and prepare to defend the next "wave". Of course if they take to long to make their move and are still at the board when the opposing team repawns they are basically fish in a bucket.

If that team eliminates the opposition once again they have some time to move/get in to better cover/reload whatever. If they managed to do this indefinitely the game could theoretically be won with only one move being made.

At the end of the game time the scrabble score is added up and the most points wins.

Possible additional rules:

If a team eliminates the opposition two times in a row it could allow them to make another move.

If a team is caught at the board and killed the victourious team is able to look at that teams letters (enemy intel ha)

It is a clever idea, my only worry would be if one team ends up just camping on the scrabble set and the other team just keeps dying. Perhaps limiting the weapons to only springers or GBB's would help, or if there were two scrabble boards spread apart by a decent distance, so you could never be sure which scrabble board to go to.

well, camping the scrabble set wouldnt matter too much because until a team is iliminated no move can be made. so the returning team can concentrate on iliminating the other team and not worry about the board. So they could ah... take them from behind as it were.. um.

And yes i had considered the variations of different board games you could play, snakes n ladders etc heh...

Pick-up-sticks. That's a challenge under pressure.

Have each man on the 2 man team take it in turns to try and pick one up, if they move one of the rest of the pile, they have to respawn. One plays while the other covers them. If one gets hit, the other can only play his own turn, and so has to wait for the other to get back in the game for their team to continue.

If someone shoots the pile of sticks, their pair has to respawn.

Of course, you would need a good ref.

Oh, semi auto/bolt action/pump action only.

• 1 month later...

Archived