416 Build

adjunog

I planning to build and buy a 416 with upgrades. I have a few questions. I'm confused about the bearing/bushings. I know what are bearings and bushings. It sounds like the bearing type in the SRC is like a spring guide or piston head bearing type.

These are on my mod list:

8mm (cased)bearings-Reference says they are 8mm in the SRC but correct me if I'm wrong

Helica gears

mod. motor

m120 spring

I guess all internals to make it short.

or do you think its better to get a jg and change the whole mechbox?

I kinda don't know any other brands besides TM.

I am open to any other brands to discover more about them.

Thanks for your time.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Hurrican 416 Kit that i built a few reasc back.

Internal wise i went for a an Systema rear wired M120 full Mech box,

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=18763

I had to change the spring in it for a madbull M120 though as she was not performing to my liking power wise.

Its now around the 350FPS mark.

I cant fault the systema Mech boxes they are awesome. going down the pre build gearbox route would probably be less hassle then trying to cobble one together from different manufacturers, (sometime tollerances in manufacture can be a little different and fit between makes is not always spot on)

The systema box comes with a standard flat gear set but thats mor than enough.

I other parts included a brand new TM EG100 motor...i have never really found i needed anything more.

Madbull tight bore barrel with a Madbull Shark not in bucking. I chose the Madbull barrel as it was light weight (hurricane 416 kits weigh a ton) very well prices £30 and it was of the 6.03mm flavour instead of the 6.04mm type that most other companies make. The Hop bucking was somthing i tried when they came out and found it worked better than the Systema Hop rubber that i originally installed when i first put it together.

If your looking to use a crand stock then by far the best in my opinion is the Hurricane 417 style collapsable battery stock.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=20353

It stores the entire battery in the stock and does not require you try and stuff cells up the stock pipe like others.

They come standard with the Hurricane if you can still find one.

The coiled sprung wire is a nice touch, meaning you dont get your wires cort when collapsing the stock right up.

I now use them on most of my rear wired collapsable stock rifles.

Power wise i have custom made intalect 9.6 volt 3800mAh packs made, these are very tight to get in but will generally last a full days play if you use Mid caps like myself.

there are a range of battery packs available for the 417 stock as already made up from HK retailers.

As a side note i was recently at a weekend game here in the UK and found my 416 had the same range as a Systema PTW running a blue cylinder and firing .25's

I cant fault my rifle si i would personally recoment going the same route, but either way i hope whatever you choose to do you find thatwhat i have said of some use to you.

Hope it goes well. and good luck.

I am 100% mate i only use Madbull springs for their color coded system. i found that the systema M120 that was in it originally was only pumping out around 330fps hence why i put in the Madbull M120. I am very aware of what an M120 should be diing but hey i am not complaining as its an awesome set up as it is.

Archived