Communication Gear Pictures

First disclaimer. I have asked permission from the mods to add this thread and it was approved.

Second disclaimer. I am in no way an expert in radios. I am simply in awe of them and have had the chance to handle a couple of different comm systems in a recreational role.

First up is my MSA Sordin Ranger dual comm system. With two downleads pinned for the Icom F3/4 series of radios.

IMG_2292.jpg

Next is MSA's MICH dual comm system based on Sordins. The best I can gather this is the system that was originaly made for the MICH helmet. It uses an impedance matching box that allows you to plug just about any radio/interphone system into it and use one heaset, such as aviation comms as well as AFV's. I curently have cables for use with the Icom and the mbitr. I fellow owner of this system is working on cables for the Saber series of radios.

One bonus feature on this system is the choice of headsets. You can use the high-noise headset, Sordins, or the low-noise headset. With boom mic or with bone mic. I have the bonemic version and while a bit uncomfortable that pay off is no background noise while transmiting. You can't even hear my out of shape heavy breathing while I am using the bonemic.

IMG_2294.jpg

Low-noise headset installed. Speakers are on both side of the helmet and teh bonemic is in the crown.

IMG_2813.jpg

Telex Stinger headset. Simple construction, speaker clips onto the rim of the helmet and the mic attach with a velcro loop around the chin strap. I have only seen these pinned for Icom radios.

DSCF0877.jpg

Complete system when not installed. The PTT is at the top of the pic.

Picture304.jpg

Group picture of my collection of radios and comm systems.

crap109.jpg

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm liking this thread a lot!..here's what i've got from what i can find right now.

Motorola MTX series Radio:

PalmPIx003.jpg

crappy camera phone

Just the beginning

PatricksPix146.jpg

PatricksPix150.jpg

PatricksPix153.jpg

Not pictured: System Saber III Radios and Peltor TCI Comtac I with Mic and Single Downlead.

• 2 weeks later...

Question to the OP... I got a ICOM F4s used.... I have this annoying problem with it... Alot of times in game, the stock fo the gun or a branch or something would bump into the pouch, and thereby the radio, and the channel changes, which screws me over when I don't notice and scream futilely into it for reinforcing and nothing comes <_< You know of any way to prevent this?

Sorry for the slight off topicness....

Thanks guys!

Question to the OP... I got a ICOM F4s used.... I have this annoying problem with it... Alot of times in game, the stock fo the gun or a branch or something would bump into the pouch, and thereby the radio, and the channel changes, which screws me over when I don't notice and scream futilely into it for reinforcing and nothing comes <_< You know of any way to prevent this?

Sorry for the slight off topicness....

Thanks guys!

You asked this question in the other thread as well. Did my answer not work on your radio?

If your radio was programmed properly the lock feature should still be usable. The button with the - under the channel buttons. Simply press and hold it a second or two and you will see a little key come on the LCD.

This works on the civi F4's I have as well as the GI F3's

Something a bit different, Soviet R-126

Does it work or is it simply a decorative peice. Either way nice unit you got there. I have a buddy who is into WW2 Pacific theater stuff pretty hardcore and has a few different comm items that Marines used. I'll take some pics next tchance I get and post them up as well.

Edited by Wrench Bender
Does it work or is it simply a decorative peice. Either way nice unit you got there. I have a buddy who is into WW2 Pacific theater stuff pretty hardcore and has a few different comm items that Marines used. I'll take some pics next tchance I get and post them up as well.

Don't actually know at the moment as I currently don't have a compatible battery for it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...