Communication Gear Pictures

Its awesome indeed, tried it out at my local CQB field and to say the least it took some getting used to hearing all kinds of sounds at once. I'm looking to try it outdoors with my team with regular comm operations up rather than just using the amplifying capabilities. Worth every penny even though my gun projects are going to be postponed to months if not years to come.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally finished, except 1 problem, damn headset isn't working comm wise, but will work out the kinks later:

MotorolaHT10002.jpg

MotorolaHT1000.jpg

MotorolaHT10004.jpg

And of course the radio package my team and I went in on. Scattered since I couldn't charge them all in the same spot:

MotorolaHT10003.jpg

MotorolaHT10005.jpg

A total of 5 inluding the one where my headset is attached to.

@ Roecar: Have you had a chance to test out the comms with yours? I figure if its the radios, I'll eventually get some Icom's and a PTT and try that route too. Or get a PTT for my sabers and try the headset with those. As far as I know everything is NATO wired.

@ pforcerecon: I tried to communicate with a friend using his talkabout type radio and all I could get from his radio was static. That kinda makes me worried since none of the rest of my team use military type comms. However on my ICOM I've manage to tap into "trucker frequencies" hearing them talk clearly, I haven't summoned the courage to say hello since technically spamming a commercial frequencies is "illegal."

In any case I wont find out how my comms with operate until my next outdoor game on May 10th. Nice set ups btw, probably in the distance future I'll end up getting a PTT for Sabres along with a Sabre...

@ pforcerecon: I tried to communicate with a friend using his talkabout type radio and all I could get from his radio was static. That kinda makes me worried since none of the rest of my team use military type comms. However on my ICOM I've manage to tap into "trucker frequencies" hearing them talk clearly, I haven't summoned the courage to say hello since technically spamming a commercial frequencies is "illegal."

In any case I wont find out how my comms with operate until my next outdoor game on May 10th. Nice set ups btw, probably in the distance future I'll end up getting a PTT for Sabres along with a Sabre...

If the Icom you have is the F21GM you mentioned on the other page...theres nothing illegal about hopping onto their freqs AFAIK...provided you have a GMRS license ;) (which no one has anyways so who the *fruitcage* cares...).

Go ahead and say hello - worst that happens is they ignore you.

Woah, I got the new MBITR from Spartanairsoft. Everything's more realistic than the one from Toysoldier.

It's has real dimensions, more realistic markings and dummy LCD display, plus it has all adapters/threads to accept real military U-229/U-339 connectors and the real blade and urban antenna. It also has a dummy U-339 connector if you want to use your Airsoft headset and a walkie talkie hidden inside the MBITR housing.

50e062a0.jpg

... cant edit...

Anyway I dropped several hellos and was ignore on what I think is a CB band. Based on that link you gave Mig1, I think by law they can't say anything to me or something. Either that or my talk through with my Peltor's aren;t working. Also I tried with a pair of Cobra radios and I still only get static... kinda worried now that I have a $450 comm setup that doesn't work with anything in airsoft...

I hear you on that Roecar, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I figure though if things still don't work out I'd just sell my peltors with PTT and end up ordering a headset with PTT through TCI. I think its more the headset and or PTT than the radio, since both our radios should work fine no matter what since the PTT are made for those models.

Have you thought about contacting Peltor? I'm looking into it as a last resort.

Put your radio model number into google and see if you can see what the band split is.

Also, there is an advantage to using a radio that only you and your friends can talk on. If you are at an event that allows listening in on enemy channels you would be pretty safe.

We'll spent about 20 mins with a very friendly rep from ICOM and for sure I have an f21GM and the problem I had earlier was something about my squelch level being too low. He suggested turning it down to zero and setting it back up to about 80. Now I can clearly hear my voice and transmissions on both radios, can't wait to use them.

As for splitting I honestly have no idea how to do that with my radio since I'm now rereading the correct manual. I'm not sure if mine can even do that but I'll figure it out soon enough. Thanks for the help guys.

Its alive...ITS ALIVE!!!!!! hahaha, Roecar, I can't thank you enough brother! Got my headset working, you were right, just had to rotate the plug around a bit inside due to the oxidation and now they work like a *suitcase* charm! Can't wait to use them with my team!

Figured I'd help revive this thread a lil and snapped a group shot of all my radios together. Soon to hopefully add a Sordin headset in there and then I'm done!

radiogroupshot.jpg

radiogroupshot2.jpg

Motorola HT100's and 2 Motorola Systems Saber III with Securenet and Peltor Comtac II with Dual Downleads Headset.

Right now they're just programmed for 2-way use. I had the opportunity to have the securenet be used with them, but I figured it doesn't matter since I don't use them for anything other than 2-way comms. Although I would imagine the battery wouldn't be affected as much.

I need to get new batteries for all them anyways since the ones they all came with are used and I havent' exactly checked to see how long they last while being on continously. Although they do last a few good hours when I do use them.

I was stubborn and insisted that I make my own adapter for the battery... that was about 4 years ago and it's still a paperweight on my desk. It looks cool though. Maybe I'll get around to charging it up, buy a RIB or RIBless cable and program it up for some VHF use.

Hi all

I am really intersted in getting a H-250 Handset style handset and was wondering if there is a good website in the uk that sells them, also anyone know if they can be modded to work with Normal radios either single or twin pin?

To the second part of your question, Yes. You'll have to rewire the handset so that it operates as a separate speaker all the time and only the mic on the PTT, otherwise you are broadcasting while the speaker is on and you won't be able to hear what anyone is saying because you are occupying the channel. After that you'll need to rewire the coupler. It's a moderate level task but with a little bit of patience and some electrical know-how it's doable.

I have two, both I've re-wired the handset, but one I had a friend make an adapter for the coupler, the other (which disappeared in a hurricane) was completely re-wired to single pin Motorola.

Edited by frogfish

Does any one here know how to wire a lemo h4855 connector. Im try to make a converter to a 2 pin motorola but i cant find any thing other then whats on the manufacturer's website. Also another long shot but does anyone know how to get a dual ptt to work (for the same radio) when its not connected to the bowman. Thanks :)

Midland GTX something or other and EBB bowman headset with Icom pin. at the moment i can hear out the headset but cannot speak through it. anyone know if there is a remedy for that problem?

Try it on another radio and see if that is the problem.

On a side note, you said it is wired for an Icom, how many contacts are there on the pins total?

If there are four you should be fine, if there are five that may be your problem. Icom radios have five contacts in them to facilitate programming. Therefore for whatever reason they decided to put it on all of the plug and play items as well. However, motorola talkabouts, midlands and other like radios only have four contacts, and one of them does get a propper connection when a real Icom plug is used.

Midland GTX something or other and EBB bowman headset with Icom pin. at the moment i can hear out the headset but cannot speak through it. anyone know if there is a remedy for that problem?

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t229/Pu...er/IMG_8664.jpg

Push the PTT on the headset and the radio at the same time. It's pretty much the only way.

On the plus side, if you buy an ICOM (which I highly recommend you do), the headset will work flawlessly with it.

Edited by Kraut