Communication Gear Pictures

You got that second ppt hooked up to anything or is it for show. Im excited about getting my sordins (libs), going to be wired to lemo plug so i can use it with my bowman. Also getting tci to make a ptt so i can use them with my motorola :D

Edited by msx361
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck. I tried to wire mine for an xtn flipping hard work. Had to send it to a professonal in the end, it needed a resister of some sort in there. Way out of my understandering. Works now though, i really need to get a picture up :D

Edited by msx361
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice setup Binary..loving the simple single comm and dual comm setups you have. I definately have to say I prefer the Sordins so far over the Peltors headset in terms of transmitting to another radio and being able to hear better out of the Sordins than the Peltors. Although the Peltors do work quite nicely as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Very nice setup Binary..loving the simple single comm and dual comm setups you have. I definately have to say I prefer the Sordins so far over the Peltors headset in terms of transmitting to another radio and being able to hear better out of the Sordins than the Peltors. Although the Peltors do work quite nicely as well.

I just picked up a pair of Swattacs...I actually find them to be far more comfortable than the Sordins but I want the dual-comm capability of the Sordins so I am selling them...

Scored a couple of the "green tip" style MBITR antennas that you always see in CAG photos..

delta2antennas.jpg

With one of the regular broadband ones:

img4979.jpg

On MBITR:

img4980.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Dude I have an extra or two if you want one...I am sure we could work something out ;)

DA Comms:

img5237n.jpg

Greenside Comms:

img5240.jpg

I usually only need to run one radio for greenside...if I need to run two I will run a handmic off of another Icom.

DA:

2x Icom F4s w/MSA Icom PTT and dual comm sordins

Greenside:

Icom F4S w/MSA Icom PTT and Racal Urban headset

Talking headsets? Linky

Cheers for that! Did look there, but wanted to know if they where reliable.

I've just ordered.

1x MSA Sordin Supreme III Pro+

1x Screw On Electret Flexi Microphone

1x Nexus PTT2000 Press-to-Talk Switch with Radio lead

:P

Edited by maverick343432
  • 2 weeks later...
TheFlash and I have been working on our own functional Blade Antennas for our team:

Folded up:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7408/bladeantenna02.jpg

Extended:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9495/bladeantenna03.jpg

Basic Communications setup (switched the radio to the left side later on):

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9623/bladeantenna01.jpg

Based on an initial design TheFlash came up with, he and I went through multiple prototypes before finally coming up with ones that worked, and worked well. Having a long antenna isn't the hard part. The hard part was making a blade antenna that could be repeatedly folded up as many times as needed and still be able to revert back to its extended state cleanly and consistently (and stayed relatively rigid so you can run around with it in that extended state). I think we went through three generations of R&D, a painful amount of trial and error, and a lot of wasted material before we finally came up with the finished prototype. The above pictures are the first pics we took a few weeks back of the first production model (although we did change the extension cable to a meatier MilSpec cable after these pics were taken). We then went onto make a dozen more for the team.

More "In theater" pics to follow. :)

So, since uscmCorps hasn't responded to any of my PMs in months about selling these, if anyone is able to replicate this antenna, please give me a shout. I have 5 to 10 buyers ready, waiting, and eager.

Got a question for you guys.

I notice some of you are replacing your standard antennas. Do they offer any significant improvement over the factory ones?

Looking to update my comms and was considering replacing the antennas. I have an ICOM M7 VHF and will be getting an ICOM F4S. Anyone have a recommendation for a new antenna that isn't too much larger then the factory one? They are both mounted on a chest rig and I plan to get them re-routed with those fancy MAST style devices but they still can't be too terribly long.

Got a question for you guys.

I notice some of you are replacing your standard antennas. Do they offer any significant improvement over the factory ones?

Looking to update my comms and was considering replacing the antennas. I have an ICOM M7 VHF and will be getting an ICOM F4S. Anyone have a recommendation for a new antenna that isn't too much larger then the factory one? They are both mounted on a chest rig and I plan to get them re-routed with those fancy MAST style devices but they still can't be too terribly long.

My understanding, atleast in theory, is that unless the stock antenna was made very very poorly, you should not find much of a benefit of switching to an aftermarket one. That being said I have heard some contradictory things here. Personally the only range related issues I have had have been the result of using UHF in a large woodland site, so I would be interested to see what shortcomings you find with VHF.

On the subject of frequencies, I have been using a Puxing-777 UHF for my primary radio for about 6 months now, and have been decently impressed, but at this point I would be interested in switching to a dualband (or tri, but I havnt seen anyone local using HF or CB for comms) primary, and keeping the Puxing as the designated emergency "stay on CH1" radio required at most local events. Does anyone have any advice on choosing a dualband handheld?