Communication Gear Pictures

I do believe I promised some pictures... Excuse the double post.

(clicky for larger pictures)

PB134709.jpg

PB134711.jpg

PB134712.jpg

PB134714.jpg

If I can figure out how to do the wiring, I'll be putting the U-229 connector on the PRR DualPTT downlead, and I'm still deciding wether or not to get the Dragonred MBITR when it comes with a blade antenna or just slab a U-183 connector on my current dummy shell.

Edited by Pkekyo-Nor
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S73F1890.jpg

I acquired a set of MSA Sordin 75310. Now the next thing to get is a PTT.

I'm thinking of ordering a U94 wired for Kenwood 2 pin (tk3207) from talkingheadsets.co.uk.

Is there anything else I should look out for or inform them about when I order? I mean will the PTT need an amplifier or impedance matcher or whatever? I have no idea what I need.

Please advise!

Thanks in advance.

Just for future reference: I got the answer from someone on another forum and from Keith at talkingheadsets.co.uk. Apparently the microphone is mil-spec and therefore it has low impedance of 150 Ohm. A mic amp will be built into the PTT so it will work with a civilian radio.

Has anyone here ever used a Peltor PowerCom Plus radio/headset?

720514920_6SXcj-M.jpg

•22 channels, 38 Privacy sub channels (CTCSS tones)

•Noise cancelling boom microphone

•Cup PTT, VOX adjustable, Remote ring finger PTT available

•Tri-lingual ghost voice system - English, French, Spanish

•Ambient surround listening electronics

'greatly appreciate it if someone can do a quick review.

Thanks,

Hanzo

Edited by sgtHanzo
Those will not ift under a helmet. They are great for use in an industrial settings where you need simple comms and hearing protection. Airport ramp agents and heavy equipment operation.

They are well made however and will do the job nicely.

Thanks, WB.

I usually wear a head-wrap (vs. a helmet) or an operator's cap when at play. 'just gotten tired of loosin' radios left and right and having to mess with wires/cables way too much. 'hope to be a bit more agile with this all-in-one comm setup.

Hanzo, out.

714495365_khyJ3-M.jpg

• 1 month later...

Very nice Tomster! I wish my headset was a single downlead like the rest of the Sordins I see on here, but luckily at the same time I was able to snatch up a Dual Downlead version for a Lefty shooter =). All I need now is another PTT for my HT1000 radio and I'm set. How was the ordering process from talkinheadsets?

Very nice Tomster! I wish my headset was a single downlead like the rest of the Sordins I see on here, but luckily at the same time I was able to snatch up a Dual Downlead version for a Lefty shooter =). All I need now is another PTT for my HT1000 radio and I'm set. How was the ordering process from talkinheadsets?

Thanks P. Yeah I was wondering about your Sordins. I've seen your posts here and wow, nice stuff you got there man! I also saw that you got them to work in the end?

The actual ordering process was pretty smooth and they shipped out the item 2 weeks after payment, which is what they quoted me in the first place. The only thing is that they forgot to include my gel ear cups. Other than that, I have had no real problems with them, although replies were rather slow and scarce lately, probably due to the upcoming holiday season. I've shot them another mail regarding the ear cups and am hoping for the best now. But they have a pretty good reputation, so I'm not really worried.

Yup, got everything to work in the end. Since I'm using a Peltor PTT, all I needed to do was twist the inside with the plug a bit, due to oxidation, and vuoala! Success! Unfortunately I gave up my Peltors, and was close to getting another set for cheap, but missed out. My Sordins are perfect for comms because the transmission is super clear. Wasn't very clear with my peltors, hence why I sold them but wanted a set back, but this time with no comm leads since I do quite a bit of shooting.

Instead I'm looking at the Surefire Ear defenders for hearing protection. But ya man, Sordins all the way! Great headset, was totally worth the almost 0.5k for them =)

Real deal Dual Peltor Comtacs.

What kind of radio do I need for my PTT? Most people ive talked to say Kenwood or Midland.

Any ideas?

If you bought those on Airsoft Barracks I congratulate you and hate you at the same time... for starters I sent the PM to the seller and he completely ignored the fact that I was willing to pay first as soon as I got home from work. Worst of all I really needed that PTT for a set of ICOM radios I already have... RANT off**

But yes those are meant for ICOM radios and not Kenwoods or anything else. Two radios of the top of my head that will work are F21GMs and F4S.

If you bought those on Airsoft Barracks I congratulate you and hate you at the same time... for starters I sent the PM to the seller and he completely ignored the fact that I was willing to pay first as soon as I got home from work. Worst of all I really needed that PTT for a set of ICOM radios I already have... RANT off**

But yes those are meant for ICOM radios and not Kenwoods or anything else. Two radios of the top of my head that will work are F21GMs and F4S.

:D

Yes I did. I consider myself to be a lucky SOB.

Binarys giving me a hand right now.

I'm just looking for the cheapest radio that will work with it. I'm used to using talk-abouts, so anything will do really.

...Unless some one wants to buy it, (half kidding,pm me)

Hmm, how well do the soundtraps work? I just want something that won't molest my hearing ability (using it only for Airsoft currently, so no real need to cut out other sounds, just amplify them so I can hear comfortably with them on) and I need good coms (using an Icom F4S currently). Where can one get a mike and ptt for them?

PM sent.

Hmm, how well do the soundtraps work? I just want something that won't molest my hearing ability (using it only for Airsoft currently, so no real need to cut out other sounds, just amplify them so I can hear comfortably with them on) and I need good coms (using an Icom F4S currently). Where can one get a mike and ptt for them?

They are ######. I used them once at a game, for 30 minutes. I could hear the buzzing of a bee hive but simply reloading my carbine would make them cut out. And when they cut out it was awful, abrupt, and annoying. I felt more handicapped then enhanced.

I have a pair and they were exactly like that until I put fresh batteries in. They do run a tad more on the sensitive side as far as hearing goes, but they are a step up from the Replica units, and a step down from the ComTacs.

BUT, I couldn't find the setup that includes the mic/boom, arm to attach, and wires to run to a PTT, anywhere in the US. I contacted Peltor and they told me the kits were only sold in Europe. Thus I am working on making the replica parts interface with the Soundtrap, looks promising though I would much prefer the correct parts for the job.

Edited by Husker
  • 1 month later...

Made myself a dual comm PTT:

img6174p.jpg

Switch decides which radio you are broadcasting to...receives from both regardless of switch position. Its hard to see, but its on the right (left hand side if PTT is on you).

Will probably rip off one of the Icoms (the one on the left), and stick a Yaesu plug on.