• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you explain the setup?

- Triumph PRC 152 (IPX7)

- Silynx C4OPS

- Silynx Wireless PTT

- Silynx battery splitter

-TCI Antenna cable

I think that pretty much sums it up.  Having problems with the PRC152 speaker not turning off. with the PTT connected (common problem I hear).  Was just informed of a fix for it, so will try it out tonight.

- Triumph PRC 152 (IPX7)

- Silynx C4OPS

- Silynx Wireless PTT

- Silynx battery splitter

-TCI Antenna cable

I think that pretty much sums it up.  Having problems with the PRC152 speaker not turning off. with the PTT connected (common problem I hear).  Was just informed of a fix for it, so will try it out tonight.

How much was that set up?

Those wires look really cluttered...

Actually there are only 3 wires (2 you can actually see) coming out from the unit.  Unfortunately, the other 2 leads on the bottom the C4OPs can't be disconnected.  So far, I haven't had any problems with the wires getting in the way.  I can't think of any better solutions, but if you have any, I'd be happy to hear them.

I wouldn't use that system, but that's just me. We trialed those units and discarded them because they took up too much damn space and did't do anything a regular PTT+headset couldn't do that we needed.

If we wanted a discrete in-ear system we have the Thales throat mics, but we usually wear dual ear pro (headsets + ear plugs), and the Silynx offering is too damn bulky for what it is.

Edited by pkm200901

I wouldn't use that system, but that's just me. We trialed those units and discarded them because they took up too much damn space and did't do anything a regular PTT+headset couldn't do that we needed.

If we wanted a discrete in-ear system we have the Thales throat mics, but we usually wear dual ear pro (headsets + ear plugs), and the Silynx offering is too damn bulky for what it is.

Got a pic of your set up?

• 4 months later...

My rig. Nowhere near as flash as some kits on here, but it does me nicely:

kQJVzrS.jpg

• TTI TXL-446 radio.
  • Unknown "FBI" style headset
  • Surefire EP-3 earplugs - right plug core removed, used as earpeice.

I like that I've been able to integrate hearing protection and radio use into a slimline setup.

I'm not 100% sure about the line linking the earplugs together. I tend to find it a bit annoying, but it keeps the plugs together.