Airsoft Cornershot

khan

I would like to post this in the projects section,but don't know how.

Hopefully the Admin can move it. Thanks.

I saw ,on the Discovery Channels "Future Weapons" program this...

corner1.jpg

I thought,how cool would it be to make an airsoft version of this weapon ,for CQB.

I looked around ,on the net ,to see if anyone has attempted one ,& came up blank.

Sneeky.jpg

So I made a little mockup using junk I had lying around,& here it is....

DSCF2296.jpg

I decided to use a MP7 as the front end,instead of a Glock or a CQB M4,for a couple of reasons.(no gas ,less weight ,more ammo).The one pictured, is a Well MP7a,& a real peice of ######,but if I get every thing working fine.i'll swap it out with a Tokyp Mauri.

The biggest challenge,i see, will be the hinge between the gun & the back section.It needs to be able to lock into position quickly & securely. Here is a hinge that I am working on...

DSCF2323.jpg

It's made from a solid bar of aluminum,& still in it's rough stage..

DSCF2324.jpg

In the mill...

DSCF2330.jpg

Mating with the gun...

DSCF2329.jpg

Here is the rough for the rear end of the hinge..

DSCF2326.jpg

Cutting the blank down to size..

DSCF2334.jpg

More too come...

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are some updated photos of my progress on the hinge.

mockupcshot002.jpg

I need too drill & tap ,for that spring plunger,then make a small plate ,that will have three holes,to lock in three postions. Straight, 75 degrees left & 75 degrees right.

mockupcshot003.jpg<<

>>>>EDIT<<<<

I found this cool *albatross* vid...

CornerShot Vid

It looks like a glock puppet show..watch the dog go apeshit in camel town.

I'm about a third along the way with this project ,here's a vid..

PeekaBoom,progress

Ok.i've done some more work on the trigger group,here is the tab that connects the grip to the body..

trigger002.jpg

As a rough blank...

trigger001.jpg

In the mill ,again...

trigger005.jpg

After a ###### load of filing...

trigger007.jpg

Finally,some holes are drilled & taped into the piece ,then screwed to the body.You can also see the switch ,that I will use as a trigger.

trigger008.jpg

Next ,I have to create a hinge for the screen,& a block,that will join the back of the body to a folding stock.

Stay tuned .. :)

Sweet start to it. Would love to see you create the lock capability of the hinge.

I would never allow it at any games I run for I consider it 100% blind fire if you take a corner with it. But I still want one for the fudge of it.

It does lock.

Watch the Vid

..and I will put a camera on the front,kinda the point really.

It does lock.

Watch the Vid

..and I will put a camera on the front,kinda the point really.

I saw, I meant how it locks. Trying to wrap my mind how to.

For me looking at a screen and firing an aimed shot from a weapon is still consider blind fire in my book. Blind fire:shooting without presenting target. Cutting the pie is still good as you just present a min target.

Anyways *waves* bye :D

nice progress. but you realise no where will let you use it right? its essentially even worse than blindfiring as you can make accurate shots without any chance of you getting hit yourself. i'd be completely unfair and considering that all sites i know of enforce a 'no blind firing' rule i cant see this being allowed.

nice progress. but you realise no where will let you use it right? its essentially even worse than blindfiring as you can make accurate shots without any chance of you getting hit yourself. i'd be completely unfair and considering that all sites i know of enforce a 'no blind firing' rule i cant see this being allowed.

But would he be allowed to use it purely for looking around the corner/obstacle without exposing himself, as thats what I'm trying to work on.

I don't know why there is a problem. If he has a advantage of the design of his gun he should be allowed to use it.

I would have no problem if someone hits mir precisely with a Corner Shot.

I only have problems with blind firing, because I don't like beeing hit FA in the face or my balls within a short distance.

It's not about beeing able to hit him easier... Because if that comes around the corner I'll recognize it earlier than he could precisely aim at me.

And when I can see it coming around the corner that's the point where I need to change my tactic no problem at all...

That would be like forbidding red dots because most of the people can aim faster with them than with iron sights.

@khan

Good work, have you thought about fixing the hinge with some kind of clamp? I think it's faster and easier to use in action.

Are you also going to do some wire or motor construction to change the angle from behind the corner without grapping to the front?

When finished, you MUST do the fluffy cat mod to it ^^

meoww...meowww...BLAM!... :D :D :D :D

About playability, I won't mind him to use it, as long as if he gets shot in the gun, the gun gets disabled (I mean, he stops using it, and switches to a secondary)

He doesn't, but he can. Isn't that the whole reason why people make crazy airsoft gun mods? :D

isn't that just temptation to blind fire

That would be like forbidding red dots because most of the people can aim faster with them than with iron sights.

aye, but a RDS doesnt make the user essentially nigh invulnerable unless some lucky sod manages to charge round the corner without getting hit and get him point blank. theres a difference between having a performance aiding ad-on and having an advantage that allows you to fire accurately while being completely un-hittable. the only way it would be fair is if everyone had an AI tornado grenade.

its like if someone turned up with an airsoft tank saying 'only hits from anti-tank weapons count' it wouldnt be fair would it? its the same situation.

I think people have missed the reason that blind fire is banned at many sites (at least the ones I play at) - its dangerous. IE if you're on one side of a big rock and someone is on the other. You stick your gun up and shoot over it without looking at the same time as someone else looks over to see whats on the other side and they take a dozen shots near point blank to the face.

Aimed shots round the corner/rock/obstacle remove that danger.

yes, and replaces the danger with unbalanced and unfair gameplay.

this.

While a cornershot doesn't break the blindfire rule (It isn't blind if you can see them) it does break the rule of balance.

I don't mind fighting someone who has a way more tuned up gun then I do, I do mind if they can shoot me and it is physically impossible for me to shoot them back.

Why should it be impossible?

It's like with a sniper in a ghillie in the woods...

If it's well done, you're not able to find him... Unfair? Not balanced? I don't think so...

It's not like a tank where he is safe from every direction. You have the chances get him from the side, behind, with a grenade,

or just moving fast enough so he can't aim propperly at you. (delay of camera or while he changes the angle from his corner shot...)

I'm quite sure it's not such a huge advantage you think it would be right now.

It's only an advantage over slow (re)acting enemies hiding wherever they can, rather than moving.

I think it is good for the game, because it makes people move faster and make it more interresting.

But that's all speculations... Test it at a field and then you'll know how much advantage it will be...

I don't know why there is a problem. If he has a advantage of the design of his gun he should be allowed to use it.

I would have no problem if someone hits mir precisely with a Corner Shot.

I only have problems with blind firing, because I don't like beeing hit FA in the face or my balls within a short distance.

It's not about beeing able to hit him easier... Because if that comes around the corner I'll recognize it earlier than he could precisely aim at me.

And when I can see it coming around the corner that's the point where I need to change my tactic no problem at all...

@khan

Good work, have you thought about fixing the hinge with some kind of clamp? I think it's faster and easier to use in action.

Are you also going to do some wire or motor construction to change the angle from behind the corner without grapping to the front?

I agree with falcon. If Khan goes through this much trouble and actually re-creates the real version, I would definitely allow him to use the gun. If you have a good enough camera system on there to the point where you can actually identify your target, it is good to go.

I think making it semi-only would be better since you are indeed using it for CQB applications and many places only allow you to use SEMI once everyone gets "up close and personal".

Good Work Khan!

I think the argument of "it's unfair" is null because while the user is taking the time to slowly peer around the corner while fixated on a tiny screen trying to aim a front heavy off axis log, just move up and blast him. I'd know, I already made one:

CornerShot.jpg

Why should it be impossible?

It's like with a sniper in a ghillie in the woods...

If it's well done, you're not able to find him... Unfair? Not balanced? I don't think so...

It's not like a tank where he is safe from every direction. You have the chances get him from the side, behind, with a grenade,

or just moving fast enough so he can't aim propperly at you. (delay of camera or while he changes the angle from his corner shot...)

I'm quite sure it's not such a huge advantage you think it would be right now.

It's only an advantage over slow (re)acting enemies hiding wherever they can, rather than moving.

I think it is good for the game, because it makes people move faster and make it more interresting.

But that's all speculations... Test it at a field and then you'll know how much advantage it will be...

since its being made for CQB how could anyone possibly flank him IN A CORRIDOR?

the undeniable fact of the matter is that this allows him to lay down fire while remaining under full cover from anything other than a grenade (some sites dont allow pyros in CQB and not everyone has an AI tornado)

so you're saying that to combat this cornershot you should charge the corner and shoot him point blank? sure, he can maintain a safe firing distance, but anyone else trying to hit him will only be able to do so from a few feet away after they get round the corner he is standing next to. and charging round the corner shouting 'BANG' is just going to end up with the attacker getting shot point blank. the bang rule works if you can sneak up one someone, but if you charge them head on and try to bang kill them to avoid shooting them point blank they will (in my experience) often instinctively shoot you.

either that or i can see people hosing the area in hope of hitting him somehow only to wreck the gun.

Archived