Airsoft Cornershot

khan

its like if someone turned up with an airsoft tank saying 'only hits from anti-tank weapons count' it wouldnt be fair would it? its the same situation.

For the record, tanks are not fair, nor were they ever intended to be. In fact, the whole point of tanks, body armor, fancy automatic weapons, hand grenades, and so forth, is to be as crushingly unfair as possible. If the guy can shoot around a corner then flank him, or get above him, or hide from his fancy little camera, or frag him, or Bang! him, or supress him, or evade him, or drive up behind him and tap him on the shoulder with an airsoft tank. Lase his camera, to shine a tac light at it, or shoot the gun, or set a trap. Instead of saying "This is an unfair advantage" try thinking of a way to mitigate that advantage or use his unorthodox weapon to gain an advantage over him.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that not what I'm concerned about with an airsoft corner shot. Say at 30ft and someone's eye protection is say to spill off. You are only relying on a video feed from a (hopefully) high megapixel camera to be able to rely the info to your eyes then to your brain. I'm sorry if my concern of someone's eye is my main put off of such item. Technology isn't always the best thing. If you try to argue about about a scope but a scope used physic and lens to enhance the magnification of a image took into by the eye. Only good argument is about nvg, well nvg are used when it is dark when visually you have a hard time anyways (night games are always riskier). If say it had a scope that reflected the light the image reflect around a corner I'll probably have no concerns.

and someone's eye protection is say to spill off

The same could happen if you are shooting through a bush, or don't have very good eye sight, or you jump round a corner with an M203, or even just a ricochet. If your eye protection comes off there is always a chance of getting hit in the eye, it's up to the individual to make sure there eye protection is of adequate quality, i.e. strong enough and secure enough.

I think this is a good idea, I'm always game for tanks, big guns, traps, hey anything that exists in the real-steel world.

I still don't like the fact you are relying on a digital image only to relay some much info to the eyes thus your brain, in a game where you are not suppose to hurt. Situational awareness for me at least is more comfortable with the eye and not a camera. I still like to see it get done tho.

The same could happen if you are shooting through a bush, or don't have very good eye sight, or you jump round a corner with an M203, or even just a ricochet. If your eye protection comes off there is always a chance of getting hit in the eye, it's up to the individual to make sure there eye protection is of adequate quality, i.e. strong enough and secure enough.

I think this is a good idea, I'm always game for tanks, big guns, traps, hey anything that exists in the real-steel world.

QFT.

A screen is clearer than shooting through a bush and that happens all the time without problems.

and;

Its the same thing(advantage) as if someone has a gun that outranges yours: instead of bitching/banning etc just you just need to figure out a way to make the advantage yours.

Blind firing i am not cool with but this is just fine. i would be happy to play against someone with this. (cos really, its got to be difficult to aim with this thing.)

Any updates or pictures Khan?

Keep making it man, I'm interested to see how this turns out.

Also, as mentioned above, there are TONS of ways to overcome someone with a corner shot like this. If you play in a place that has a "CORRIDOR" with only one access point, then tough luck, go down another hall. If this gun was shooting 400 FPS I would say no way, but the fact that it's an AEP definitely lowers the risk.

Well its more realistic than a hicap so it gains my approval, good job sir! ;)

QFT!

First start using LowCaps and your CQB experience will be something from a whole another world.

With minor tactics you everybody can overcome this. At least a Corner Shot would give more reality into CQB situations.

Bjorn

• 2 months later...

OK..

it's been awhile since i've done anything on this project.cause of the Holidaze ,etc.

But,i,ve started up again.

One thing that has hampered my progress,was how to make the hinge.

Here is a hinge I used as a base...

IMG_0141.jpg

I drilled a hole & tapped it for a long bolt..

IMG_0144.jpg

I cut away the unneeded parts,& riveted into a slot I made in the frame...

IMG_0154.jpg

I drilled..

IMG_0147.jpg

..and then milled, a block that will atacth to a plate for the screen,& pivot on the hinge bolt..

IMG_0152.jpg

That block ,will be drilled & tapped to accept screws that will hold the screen plate to the pivot block.I will shorten that bolt,& add a cap nut.

IMG_0155.jpg

So,I will glue the screen to the inside of the plate, then the screen will swing out,& tilt up or down.

IMG_0156.jpg

More to come..

• 3 weeks later...

After much contemplation,I have decided to ditch the MP7,as the front end of my cornershot,& go with a Glock 18c.

It's a good six inches shorter & I feel it will be much more rugged,plus ,a whole lot more authentic.

IMG_0170.jpg

That is a KWC GBB pistol,i am using as a template.I have a TM G18c AEP on order.

Here is a front veiw,I still have to build the left side & install a IF laser,flash light & the camera.

IMG_0172.jpg

The back hinge now has a raceway for the wires that need to route to the front of the weapon.

IMG_0171.jpg

Heres the real deal..

Sneeky.jpg

ok..

Here is the bracket that will hold the pistol in place,with a metal back plate & plastic fiber detail...

IMG_0176.jpg

On the front end...

IMG_0177.jpg

Another view...

IMG_0178.jpg

I have to order a Flash lite & a IR laser ,then start putting the front end together.

More to come...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Pretty cool project so far. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I think I beat you to it! Now, my design is slightly more crude, and I'm sure yours will fire better, but none the less, it took some blood sweat and tears to craft mine. I'd say on a scale of 1 - 10 it's a 9 in difficulty. If you're not VERY experienced, I'd avoiding trying it, but I gave it my best. Here's a picture:

CornerShot.jpg

This is my stance on the subject.

The cornershot is an item that exists in real military forces today. It is an actual item that is used. Blind fire is not allowed on most fields because of a safety concern of not being able to see someone that may be very close. This would make it possible to see and therefore would not be a safety concern. Now on to whether its fair or not. If the item is safe, exists in real military situations, then it is fair, and I will tell you why. It is fair because nothing is stopping you from making your own.

Now to the question of sport. Now this item does eliminate a lot of aspects of the sport of airsoft. It eliminates a lot of CQB tactics, entry methods, etc. But at the same time, Airsoft is supposed to simulate war. In combat/war there is always going to be innovation. If there were no innovation we would be still be throwing rocks. So instead of complaining that he built something that gave him the advantage.. why don't you build something that gives you the advantage. Combat is about realising your enimies strengths and weaknesses and exploiting them. The cornershot has pleanty of strengths and pleanty of weaknesses.

So build one yourself.. or build something or come up with some tactic to overcome his cornershot. If someone has a gun that has twice your distance.. do you not allow it because its not fair? No you upgrade your gun or you use some sort of tactic to over come him.

Now on to the cornershot itself:

I really like your craftmenship, I also like how you are making it look. I was actually just looking at a camera at a local hardware store the other day and it was only $20, and I was really tempted to start working on one.

I was also thinking about getting one of the small micro wireless camera/recievers and make parachute rounds that hold the camera.. similar to what is equiped with the m32 grenade launcher. I still have to work out some safety concerns I have on the idea though.

Pretty cool project so far. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I think I beat you to it! Now, my design is slightly more crude, and I'm sure yours will fire better, but none the less, it took some blood sweat and tears to craft mine. I'd say on a scale of 1 - 10 it's a 9 in difficulty. If you're not VERY experienced, I'd avoiding trying it, but I gave it my best. Here's a picture:

CornerShot.jpg

wouldn't you just shoot yourself with that?

Archived