Airsoft Cornershot

khan

Well really that's his decision if he fields that piece of equipment. At the CQB sites I frequent, point blank shots are normal as there is no bang rule, mind you every gun is chrono'ed to 328 and not an foot higher and it's over 18's. Having been shot full auto at these ranges, its quite painful, but that's the nature of CQB, when space is at a premium.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is precisely the argument that this kind of modification completely unbalances a skirmish that has prevented someone to step up and create an airsoft version of this for so long.

People started discussing the cornershot well over a year ago, and I believe this is the first build on arnies? Just shows how a few people moaning about the inevitable unbalanced nature of such a modification has precluded even its creation.

All this is speculation as to how effective such a modification in airsoft form would be--Khan will build it, field it, and let us know how it works or why it doesn't work. I personally would have no problem playing up against one of these in the field.

Steve

As a project and as the premise of a replica of the real thing, I think this an excellent idea. Best of luck with it.

As a replica that would be used for skirmishing, I have to say I'd be a little worried. Even with a periscope or visual aid I'd still not be convinced that this wasn't effectively 'blind firing'.

I think arguing over this issue for now is academic at best though, and as we've had the blindfire argument over and over here, I'd ask that we don't stray into it here. Let's just restrict ourselves to the concept as a replica for now, and not arm ourselves with torches and pitchforks until someone starts using this replica in skirmishes. :)

It won't unbalance the game.

Smokes render it useless.

Depending on the ccd in the camera, a powerful flashlight would render it useless.

Grenade lobbed around the corner render it useless.

There are a lot of tactics that will work against it and if he is conscientious about taking gun hits then it will be fine.

Build it, I'd play against you.

Strange that this came up. I was at the local electronics store just this morning and saw a cheap made-in-china wireless security camera and viewer. It only costs $50 and my instant thought was "this would be great for a Corner Shot".

edit:

Why wireless is because you could link the camera up to a remote hub like a laptop in the safe zone so you could record what the gun sees, not to mention provide a spectacular show for all the people already out of the game.

here here! id have no problem standing beside amateurstuntman as we try and overcome the almighty powerful cornershot.

its like leaving a torch on sitting on a barrel holding off a corridoor. its annoying but its just another hurdle to overcome.

almost anything in airsoft can be overcome with tactics or a ton of players willing to attack it.

as for safety as its been overdone. can see round the corner thus not blindfire but we wont get into that.

good luck mate

It won't unbalance the game.

Smokes render it useless.

Depending on the ccd in the camera, a powerful flashlight would render it useless.

Grenade lobbed around the corner render it useless.

There are a lot of tactics that will work against it and if he is conscientious about taking gun hits then it will be fine.

Build it, I'd play against you.

Agreed :D If you can get it working, I'll play against it, adds another element of difficulty :D

since its being made for CQB how could anyone possibly flank him IN A CORRIDOR?

Most corridors I've seen have more than one room from where I can enter it, so I can get him from behind, probably through windows...

Also the options mentioned before from amateurstuntman are good examples to get him...

And when it will be disabled, when it's hit it's even easier.

I also can't see what the problem is if you come around the corner, that already happens, and if it happens to him more often it's his own responsibility.

Wow,I had no idea,that this would stir up such controversy. I still have a lot of work to do ,on this project,so it will be a couple of months before the thing is online.I have given much thought to the deployment of this weapon,& of course gun hits,would have to count,also I will put a small targeting laser,on the front end to keep firing accurate.Some of you may have noticed that it's only an MP7 ,as a front end,so it shoots pretty tame ,by most standards.Also,I was thinking of putting a brite orange 1 watt LED on the front as a kind of "Bang Lite",so if i peer around a corner,& i'm right in someones face,so to speak,I could flash them,as opposed to capping them,point blank.The trigger switch has a forward position,so that feature can be built right in.

Really ,everyone involved with playing with this thing would have to agree to it.I feel that dispite the advantages a system like this could provide, tactics , stealth & team work,would define it's true effectiveness.

Khan, I think using an AEP like the MP7 was a good place to start, like you said the FPS is going to be low.

And I'm really liking some of the countermeasures people are coming up for a system like this... I especially like the high intensity light that amateurstuntman brought up.

I'm guessing you will be protecting the optics with some sort of clear shield?

Looking good so far. Looking forward to more pics :) Keep up the good work.

As for using it to skirmish well it doesn't matter what we say on here; at the end of the day that's up to the guys that run your skirmish site ;)

Khan, I think using an AEP like the MP7 was a good place to start, like you said the FPS is going to be low.

And I'm really liking some of the countermeasures people are coming up for a system like this... I especially like the high intensity light that amateurstuntman brought up.

I'm guessing you will be protecting the optics with some sort of clear shield?

I have an old lens from a paintball mask that I will cut down,an install as a shield.for the camera.

i think this is a very good idea, i would probably wrap some soft matriral around it to take some of the brunt out of the punishment it will take. though you would probably want it to keep the black polymer look.

i think that the blindfire rule is to reduce the danger (ive been blindfired in the forehead on auto- not pretty) not for gameplay. the problem is that if Billy (a made up trigger happy person) has one, and uses it to hose around a corner as he hears someone coming and knows he will hit without needing to look at the camera. afterward Billy would say that he used the sight and no one would be able to disprove this. this would realy matter if u used semi, as no one is going to affectivley hose around with that!

also using semi shows the victem that u are limiting your capability, and is less likely to get ###### off and complain.

This is very interesting and I can't wait to see how it works in the end.

And I don't really see the big deal with him using it in a game as long as he doesn't pop people close up and counts gun shots it seems fine with me I wouldn't have a problem playing with him.

I like it, I was just thinking about how one might go about making a simple Cornershot type device the other day. Nice machine work Khan, I'm just curious about that big rectangular tube that makes up the body of the Cornershot, where the mp5 grip is fastened, is that steel? I would make it from aluminum instead as the steel would get much too heavy imo. Either way though, it's looking pretty good. I like the 'bang rule' led idea, since finding someone right around the corner would not work well if you couldn't do anything about it and they blind fired you or something. You should practice with it awhile tho so that if you do find someone right around a corner, you hit the led and not instinctively pull the trigger.

As far as employing it in a game, it's only one player, not a whole team armed with them. If I came up against another player wielding one, I'd prolly be laughing at the fact someone actually built one, and that now I have to find a way around it. I'd welcome the challenge since it's only one player with one, I doubt he could hold a corridor forever with it.

I think if I made one for cqb, I would personally use a lower fps gas pistol instead of an MP7. That would make it more balanced since I have a more limited number of shots before reloading, no full auto, and reloading would be kind of clumsy.

Here is the block ,to attach a folding stock ,to the back of the frame.

DSCF3358.jpg

Some screws will be tapped into the block ,to hold the hinge fast,& a pin that secures the grip & the block to the frame.

DSCF3359.jpg

A post will also be made ,to lock the stock into the folded postion.

DSCF3360.jpg

Next step,make the hinge that will hold the screen to the frame.

That hinge will have to swing out ,as well as pivot up.

Archived