Airsoft Cornershot

khan

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better to have too many than too few, as the old saying goes...

I like this, its rather clever and shows a lot of thought has gone into the design- I believe it to be completely fair too; it exists in the real world, so it can exist in the airsoft one too. *nods head*

Better to have too many than too few, as the old saying goes...

I agree, its like 'Its better to have a gun and not need one than to need one and not have one' lol.

I think the idea of a corner shot is exellent. Id deffinatley play against one, regardless of weather they are fair or not. Agreeing with what several people have said before is it fair for one to to have SAWs, snipers & claymores/nades and one team not? I suppose so but it does happen just get on with it. The other day i was at a game one team had an M60 and a M249 rest had AEGs, our team however had 4 guys only using pistols and one guy with an mp5 with one mag. But we still go on with it played out best and endend up actually winning (was CQB so the SAWs where a lil screwed).

I love the patience and quality going into the build. I think the idea of using an AEP is very clever as its so simple. I did however come up with a way of using a GBB Glock (more realistic to the RS Glock) by using a Super Hi-Torque Servo (£20 - £45) mounted sideways with an arm or a cut disc wired back to a simple Push-to-Contact switch at the back, then with a trigger in front pushing the switch back by use of an arm on the trigger (rather like the Glock trigger when on safe).

Another way of mounting the servo would be to mount it infront but underneath the Glock using a cut servo disk. Although this way you would have to cut away the trigger guard well at least a section of it.

• 3 weeks later...

OK,here is the next step,towards the completion of this project.

This is a raw chuck of HDPE plastic...

IMG_0748.jpg

In the mill....,this will hold two lasers,one red on IR...

IMG_0745.jpg

Smoothing out the finish on the end cap....

IMG_0746.jpg

This block will be for the IR light & two LED arrays...

IMG_0750.jpg

..& it's turn to be hollowed out ,in the mill..

IMG_0749.jpg

After shaping ,the LED arrays are epoxied ,into place...This should protect them ,from BBs...

IMG_0751.jpg

Here is the bottom view. Here the wires can be seen ,as well as the bolt that keeps the IR light,in place.This bolt will be run completely through the body of the light ,into the upper portion of the block.

IMG_0756.jpg

The blocks are drilled & taped to accept allen bolts...

IMG_0760.jpg

..and a shot of the other side..

IMG_0757.jpg

Next ,I will build the bracket & housing ,for the camera..IMG_0758.jpg

Stay tuned.. :)

Sweet, Iv always wanted a cornershot, but it means getting time and effort to make it myself.

Would a site construe it as blind fireing though? I dont think it is because you can see on the camera.

it would be down to the personal opinion of the site owner. it might get around the safety issue of blindfire but the owner could always object to it being unfair to make accurate shots while remaining in cover.

If a different looking contraption poked around the corner, aimed at me and did a double tap center mass, i would'nt consider that blind firing

but would you consider it unfair that he's able to take aimed shots while remaining completely unexposed.

same sorta reason wallhacking is't allowed in online FPS games.

but would you consider it unfair that he's able to take aimed shots while remaining completely unexposed.

You just said it yourself. The key is that he is taking aimed shots, and not blind firing. I see it as being completely fair. He is just being BETTER than us. If he takes the time to design and craft a weapon like this then he should be rewarded by being able to use it.

You just said it yourself. The key is that he is taking aimed shots, and not blind firing. I see it as being completely fair. He is just being BETTER than us. If he takes the time to design and craft a weapon like this then he should be rewarded by being able to use it.

that makes it safe, not fair.

ordinarily, if you want to shoot someone around a corner you have to move around the corner, thus you are exposed and fair game to anyone else. with this you can shoot someone around the corner while giving them NO CHANCE to hit you. the fact that it allows you to accurately take shots while in full cover, while being safer, makes it even more unfair in my eyes. hell, blindfiring is unsafe i know, but at least your penalty for remaining unexposed (largely, with actual blindfiring your hands and arms would be somewhat exposed unlike a cornershot) is being unable to aim at your targets and just having to hope you hit something.

@pkekyo-nor: anyone can wallhack on an FPS, its not allowed though and rightly so.

i cant quite think of another analogy thats really appropriate other than wallhacking, but say i turned up at a game with ballistic plates covering every inch of my body except my back and then refused to take hits from anywhere but my back would you call that fair?

i find it odd that so many people wouldnt have a problem with this on a site. im assuming you all thinkhacking is fine too, its easy enough on game like combat arms and the hack-shield seems to do jack all about it why not put the extra few mins in and with the assistance of speedhacks, wallhacks, no recoil hacks etc pwn everyone with your unfair advantage. like pkekyo-nor said about this corner shot, its not like it's impossible for anyone else to hack, they just dont to the extra effort so i suppose more fool them by your logic. or perhaps athletes taking performance enhancing drugs, anyone can do it, but is it sporting or fair?

still, at the end of the day its personal opinion, and whether it will be used or not is down to the personal opinion of the site owner. none of our opinions really matter. i think its a cool little project the khan is doing, but i wouldnt want it used against me, nor would i want to use it myself.

that makes it safe, not fair.

ordinarily, if you want to shoot someone around a corner you have to move around the corner, thus you are exposed and fair game to anyone else. with this you can shoot someone around the corner while giving them NO CHANCE to hit you. the fact that it allows you to accurately take shots while in full cover, while being safer, makes it even more unfair in my eyes. hell, blindfiring is unsafe i know, but at least your penalty for remaining unexposed (largely, with actual blindfiring your hands and arms would be somewhat exposed unlike a cornershot) is being unable to aim at your targets and just having to hope you hit something.

@pkekyo-nor: anyone can wallhack on an FPS, its not allowed though and rightly so.

i cant quite think of another analogy thats really appropriate other than wallhacking, but say i turned up at a game with ballistic plates covering every inch of my body except my back and then refused to take hits from anywhere but my back would you call that fair?

i find it odd that so many people wouldnt have a problem with this on a site. im assuming you all thinkhacking is fine too, its easy enough on game like combat arms and the hack-shield seems to do jack all about it why not put the extra few mins in and with the assistance of speedhacks, wallhacks, no recoil hacks etc pwn everyone with your unfair advantage. like pkekyo-nor said about this corner shot, its not like it's impossible for anyone else to hack, they just dont to the extra effort so i suppose more fool them by your logic. or perhaps athletes taking performance enhancing drugs, anyone can do it, but is it sporting or fair?

still, at the end of the day its personal opinion, and whether it will be used or not is down to the personal opinion of the site owner. none of our opinions really matter. i think its a cool little project the khan is doing, but i wouldnt want it used against me, nor would i want to use it myself.

Yes ,you've made that quite clear,in your numerous posts.

This thread is a journal,of the development of this project.& the techniques,I employed.They are meant to encourage others to try & build new things,& to share a little of what I have learned ,along the way.

Please post any ethical debates ,& useless rants,on another thread.

That being said,an update is ,in order..

So now,for the camera..

A bracket is laid out ,on a flat sheet of aluminum. The hole is for the camera ..

IMG_0763.jpg

The angles are bent ,in a metal brake,& the unneeded,stock removed.

IMG_0764.jpg

Here is the bracket ,holes will be drilled & tapped,on the sides to accept screws ,that will hold a cover in place.

IMG_0765.jpg

Now ,the cover is milled ,from solid stock.Essentially,a box the will attach to the bracket ,to cover & protect the camera.

IMG_0773.jpg

..and some detailing is added to it.

IMG_0774.jpg

Here it is ,installed on the front end...

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

The camera housing ,came out a little larger than,I envisioned ,but I am going to stick with it,for now. Later I may try & fabricate something more compact,depending on this modules performance.

Next step is to install the bolts that hold the plate that holds the pistol in place,then paint some of the plastic & metal parts. Then I can start work on the electronic control systems.

More to come.

That is shaping up really nicely, can't wait to see the finished product. I'd be interested to play against something like that, one point that I did think of is that airsofters will become used to playing against something of this nature while in the real world people would likely only encounter it once, I'd be interested to know how people's reactions changed after a few encounters?

Here is an update ,on the progress I've made ,in the last week or so.Here you can see the now assembled front end,with all the parts ,inplace & a coat of paint..

IMG_0790.jpg

I will be adding a rail to the top of the back portion ,to hold a reddot sight.Here is a closer look at the frontend.I came up with a flasher circuit,to make the LED arrays flash ,alternately. Also,a smaller camera cover ,was installed.

IMG_0794.jpg

I still need to paint the cover ,for the lazers.

IMG_0793.jpg

On the backend,I have to cut in some switches ,mount the screen & start wiring in the controls.Also ,make some kind of removable covers,to blank up the access ports.

IMG_0791.jpg

Here is a closeup of the mosfet,that runs the AEP.Since I bypassed the trigger on the AEP,& soldered wires ,straight to the motor,I needed to be able to control the time on the firing ,down to semi auto.I used a burst type circuit & dialed it down to one shot ,per trigger pull.It works,but i'm not completely happy with it ,as it misfires ,sometimes.I may try a switch "bebounce circuit,or a different trigger setup.

IMG_0792.jpg

This is the side that the screen will be mounted ,on this swivel plate..

IMG_0795.jpg

Gett'n pretty close,to a test run.

I will keep you all posted. ;)

Archived