Whats The Wierdest Thing Thats Happened To You At A Skirmish?

T.G. Dog

Some twunt

+steeze for using THE best word in the profanisaurus :P

Elite firezone about a year and a half back, some walkers on the path that runs along the top side of the site had seen us in action... and decided to notify the local police. It was the last game of the day, i'd been hit, so I took my DV camera and was following one of my team mates who was way, way out into the site, looking for the "last" of the enemy (he didn't know until after he was hunting none...) After a little while two black figures appear in the distance, just in range... Plummer drops to a knee and starts firing at them. Through the DV camera I identified the targets... The events after went something like this:

(plummer firing his famas)

Magaz: Plummer... did anyone on site have police uniforms on?

Plummer: What?

Magaz: dude stop firing it's the armed response!

Plummer: AGGH! (throws famas ten feet in the air and puts his hands up)

Luckily none of the officers were hit, nor were they carrying their weapons... Was all resolved peacefully with me getting a trip to the site office in the back of the ARV and plummer having to walk all the way back :)

another funny moment at elite...

Me and a teammate (sid) were walking up onto the "corporate field" one of the head marshalls, Andy called sid over, with something hidden in his hands he whispers to sid.

"Here, this will help you win the game"

Sid expecting some useful objective item or a grenade holds his hand out... only to be handed a huge sheep turd :)

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually , i think it needs some explaining...

A fews months back , he told his girlfriend that , when he got a SCAR heavy from her ,

he would skirm in a g-string an flip-flops...

His girlfriend posted the question for felow players to deposit a small amount of money to help her to get the money...

Everybody who donated money , could go to the "charity skirm" called -"Strings & Things- Special ACE event"...

and he was in his g-string , and flip-flpos , playing with his new VFC SCAR HEAVY...

And here some more pics...

With the courtesy of a Dutch player (WARGOD from BCRG)who made them (and the others).

img5683wr3.jpg

img5917pr6.jpg

img5931bh8.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe not weird as in a guy running around in Gstring or cows but.

I was breaching in into one of the houses on my site, jumped trough the window, didn't notice the very wet door laying there on the ground, i tripped banana skid style and landed oin my *albatross*, cracking the door.

I saw a ghost.

I've tried to explain it as an after image of a nearby street light, but that doesn't explain the noise or how many of us saw it. My other explanation is that it was a large owl, but it would have to have been very large indeed, since it appeared to be about size of a man.

I'd go with large owl, if I was looking for a scientific explanation. I used to live in Alaska, probably about the same longitude as Finland, and I encountered Great Snowy Owls a couple of times. I always thought they could stand up to four feet tall, but wikipedia says 20-26 inches is more common. But with a wingspan of 50-60 inches, they could easily resemble a person, and you'd be in about the right terrain for them.

I was driving down the Alaska-Canadian hiway, which runs from Alaska, through Canada, and into the northern US, and I scared up a number of owls. All I saw was a huge white blob leap up out of the road ahead of me. It took about twenty minutes and some consultation with my passengers to realize that it was owls eating roadkill or mice crossing the road.

My strangest experience during skirmishes are various instances of stepping on people and being stepped on. One time I was bang killed by my brother from about two feet away in tall grass. What makes it strange is that my brother is well over six feet tall and was wearing a bright orange jacket. I believe I fell down in surprise when he said "bang".

Now, you know you're a hardcore player when someone steps on you and does not realize they've stepped on you.

Didn't happen to me...but...

My friend and I got bored defending a building, so we set our rifles against the wall, upturned a fireplace grill, set our pistols on it and sat down and played some cards.

We were still playing when they stormed the building.

Fully half the team must've walked past us, whilst we nodded at them and offered them in on this hand. Some guy bang-killed us later on before we could take out the guy that was covering us :P

Once had a sniper revealed to me by a friendly bird. Sniper had had us pinned for a good 20 minutes or so, when a bird flys by and lands on a nearby tree, and proceeds to do as nature calls. All of a sudden a cry of 'aww f**k!' came from near the bird, and the sniper stood up, parrel covered in birds poop!

CAGE Acrise MOD: Playing in such nasty *albartroth* weather that we had to call the off when 1) A tree came down on the edge of the site 2) Several players claimed to have felt the heat from a a lightning strike.

Also, the best shot in one particular players life. A cyclist ( wearing an OD skin tight Helly Hansen thing) came through the centre of the site. All he could see was green torso, outline of a helmet and eye protection. Quick double tap to the chest later ( at long-but-close-enough-to-really-sting range) and a female cyclist is swearing her heart out whilst the poor guy apologises profusely!

Fort Ord, Monterey, CA. . .circa de 2005?

I attended a MOUT skirmish where a freshly(less than 8 hrs) murdered man was found on our playing field. . .

10 minutes into the 1st game..a player calls "blind man blind man!".. usually to signify their goggles/mask are fogged up and cannot see. . .so everyone was ###### that game play stopped!

seconds later. . .same person started yelling "dead man, dead man. . there's a f*ing dead guy here!!!!"

sure enough. . the player stumbled across a dead body laying just outside the entrance of a house in our field. .

we radioed Monterey PD and they (and coroner) acessed the situation. . LE was glad we were in the right place/time to uncover the body and found us to be very helpful and cooperative.

later..we found out that the guy was a druggy. . a deal went wrong and he paid for it. . was shot multiple times (or was he stabbed? I forget)..I can't remember the details..I just know there was a dead guy on our field. . found 10 minutes into the game...not cool.

Did you feed it to an ATM?

Then he shot an old lady and had a fire fight with cops, he tried to confess but no one believed him... sniff.

I've had a thunder storm start during a game at eversley, was pushing up the side of the valley from the tower at the time amongst big tall pine trees, decided that was probably a bit more dangerous than I wanted and went and hid in the bottom of the valley. Strange/amusing things to happen recently, at eversly again, on the attack portion of attack and defend on the anderson shelter, me and ginger buiscuit snuck into a big rody bush, about to discuss an attack plan when I noticed someone else at the other end of the bush and I think "doe she have a red arm band?" (we were blue that day), I ask ginger if the guy is red or blue and he says "he must be blue, he'd be way out of bounds" I still wasn't sure so I call out to the guy "hey, red or blue?" Without turning round he just says "red" so I say "ok" then put a burst into his back. He was supprised to say the least, still can't figure how he got there unnoticed...

I drank water out of a questionable faucet. Right before the round started, I told everyone to hold on a second, walked over to the nearest bushes, and promptly puked my guts out. Everyone on my team was giving me a very strange look, and those who couldn't see me were asking "Is Atty puking!?". Luckily, I felt fine right away, so I popped and said "I'm okay!", and we played.

Worlds shortest illness.

Two things spring to mind:

1: The armour piercing BB

A friend and I were pinning down some opfor behind a strategically placed slab of wood, and I mean SLAB. I stop firing hoping the chap will poke his head out so I can shot him, my mate then fires a single shot, we hear it hit the wooden slab followed by a cry of 'hit!'. It could not possibly have gone through but the guy swore blind he had taken a hit? We never could figure that one out!

2: The flaming hire gunner

A guy I was skirmishing with at Penix turned to me and said 'watch this!' he then threw a large smoke grenade into some bushes we suspected the enemy of being hidden in, a moment later a hire gunner cam charging out of the bushes yelling something about his leg and some carpet being on fire? Twas most funny, especially as the hire gunner was in no way injured!

Archived