Whats The Wierdest Thing Thats Happened To You At A Skirmish?

T.G. Dog

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of the Doc's and nurses seemed rather intrigued as to what I was doing when I did it. I spent the first 12 hours or so explaing what airsoft was.

Worst bit is when they cut off my multicam BDU's, although it has given me an excuss to get some direct ops ones as replacement.

The wife wasn't bessed pleased with me, we have a 17 month old son and my wife works so she is struggling to do everything around the house, sort our son out and hold down a job.

She has already told me it's going to be very expensive for me when I'm back on my feet.

Oh and airsoft seems to have turned into a dirty word in my house <_<

Worst bit is when they cut off my multicam BDU's, although it has given me an excuss to get some direct ops ones as replacement.

"We're going to have to cut your trouser leg off, or we'll have to amputate the leg."

"If you cut off the trousers, I might as well lose the leg."

MULTICAM, noooooooooo!

She has already told me it's going to be very expensive for me when I'm back on my feet.

Oh and airsoft seems to have turned into a dirty word in my house <_<

She's unfair, you don't need to play airsoft to break your leg, at work, on the road, every minute an accident can happen !

Don't let yourself culpabilized by where it happens, it happened, that's all :s

Erm wierd things in games ?

-Got sprayed like in pulp fiction, a full hicap, wasn't heavily geared, no hit...Thanks god for protecting me from this reflex fire (300 bbs ;))

-Found sheeps in our cqb battleground.

-Got my mouth filled with BBs, no hit in the teeth...Lucky again

-Many falls without being hurt

etc

Erm wierd things in games ?

-Got sprayed like in pulp fiction, a full hicap, wasn't heavily geared, no hit...Thanks god for protecting me from this reflex fire (300 bbs ;))

-Got my mouth filled with BBs, no hit in the teeth...Lucky again

Check and check. Although in my case, the first thing happened a good couple of times (last time my friend lost the mag in his Cyma Glock, earlier it must have been some reality warping). The second thing ended in an impressive fall backwards. Apart from that, I fell straight down, from 3-4 feet, crashed my F2000 foregrip on a concrete rim (not a scratch) and didn't even trip or lose footing.

Sorry for quoting pics but it was a bit back and it is such a good beard.

Lumberjack Commando anyone?

IMG_0130.jpg

That beard is immense! you hiding Chuck Norris under that?

So i'm guessing somewhere theres a thread on a nursing forum

'Whats the wierdest thing to happen to you on a shift?'

And some poor lass has posted:

'Well, i was doing the Saturday late, and four guys came in dressed in combat gear with a broken leg..'

:D

I am site driver for a large UK LARP system and do a lot of A&E (ER) runs to the local hospital with low priority injuries. The first year or so it was a bit odd and the staff gave funny looks, nowdays they just point the trainees at me as i walk in the door wheeling orcs, elves, deamons, undead. Mostly in full kit and makeup still, though i do tend to disarm them first these days.

I am site driver for a large UK LARP system and do a lot of A&E (ER) runs to the local hospital with low priority injuries. The first year or so it was a bit odd and the staff gave funny looks, nowdays they just point the trainees at me as i walk in the door wheeling orcs, elves, deamons, undead. Mostly in full kit and makeup still, though i do tend to disarm them first these days.

OK so I have no idea what UK LARP is so I've googled it.

I'm intrigued to know how it works, is it spells and stuff like that ?

• 2 weeks later...

Was having a little firefight, pinned down...

I go.. *fruitcage* it and jump up hoping to catch the guy unawares, and let rip... he starts moving to cover, then promptly disappears from view, backwards!

Turns out he'd completely forgot about the gigantic shell crater next to him, and fell over backwards into the bottom of it. He was ok

Myself and my co-sniper were holed up in our hide one time at Alpha 55, waiting for enemy contact, when a little mouse came out of a hole right in front of our noses, looked around, and started washing his face, oblivious to our presence.

Probably not the weirdest thing ever, but it was one of those nice little moments you remember :)

...melon that we had for an objective exploding prematurely for no reason (it wasn't even wired up to the detonator?!?!).

Not too wierd, static down the line is enough to set a maroon off sometimes, inside fruit maybe even the reaction between the wire and the contacts with the juice as an electrolite would do it.

Even if that does sound like something from a particularly contrite episode of CSI...

Myself and my co-sniper were holed up in our hide one time at Alpha 55, waiting for enemy contact, when a little mouse came out of a hole right in front of our noses, looked around, and started washing his face, oblivious to our presence.

Probably not the weirdest thing ever, but it was one of those nice little moments you remember :)

I'd consider that a good concealment indicator. :D

Had something like that too. Was about a feet a away from me. Sat there for almost a minute, during that time I completely forgot I was playing airsoft. Felt almost sad the moment ended and had to shoot at opfor for destroying my moment.

Archived