Whats The Wierdest Thing Thats Happened To You At A Skirmish?

T.G. Dog

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Approx 7 years ago, in some long forgotten field here in Hong Kong, me and me mates rounded a corner of an old dilapidated building to find an entire local filming cast and crew grumbling for some reason.

Upon our arrival, the director jumped up and started shouting at us saying it was about damned time! I just looked him in the eye and went "What the F*** you on about?" with the rest of my friends looking around wild eyed as quite a few local stars and legends were there. Anyhow, after several minutes of explaining, the director told us that they were to shoot various scenes in his movie with HK SDU (the Hong Kong version of the SWAT teams) actors. Seeing that we were all dressed in full SDU kit (Authentic stuff, and bloody expensive too i might add) the Director thought we were his "trained-actors". After a bit of explaining on how we're just a small group of skirmishers, and NOT his "trained-actors", the director offered us the position in his movie.

After a short briefing from the director and a quick glance at our part in the script, we took off and began filming. What began as a simple skirmish day for me and my 15 friends soon became a great experience in the Hong Kong Filming industry!

Although we were never credited for our roles, it was still satisfying to see ourselves on the big screen, with free tickets ^^

Anyhow my friends and I became regular last minute replacements for several SDU related movies (where our faces were covered with Balaclavas) for the next 3 years. Although we were all uncredited, twas great fun, and we got to meet lots of interesting ppl.

Its great to bump into one of the actors everyone so often and a spark of recognition from them when they sometimes remember who we are, coming over to say hi. With some of my current buddies going wtf? how'd you know him? looks on their faces!

These experiences are once in a lifetime opportunities that I'll never forget!

Seeing that we were all dressed in full SDU kit (Authentic stuff, and bloody expensive too i might add) the Director thought we were his "trained-actors". After a bit of explaining on how we're just a small group of skirmishers, and NOT his "trained-actors", the director offered us the position in his movie.

After reading this it was at least worth the money you spend on it ... you lucky b#####d :D

Any movies you can tell us where we might see you play/act in?

Saw 2 unusual things yesterday.

One guy had a JG HK416 on a sling, sat down, snapped it in half :(

Second was a guy who had a gun mis-firing (turned out to be a cut wire). I told him to try a few things, then to put his tongue on the body and pull the trigger to see if a +ve wire is broken/trapped. He promptly puts his tongue over the end of the barrel and before I could say WOAH! he pulled the trigger.

It bounced off his tongue, hit the roof of his mouth, and straight down his throat...

Me and my squad were moving through thick brush a few weeks ago and as we came running out trying to haul *albatross* to a new position we stumbled on four hunters. As, in, orange camo wearing, real firearm holding hunters. Ironically, they were a lot more scared of us than we were of them. I mean, guys with assault rifles in full loadout? I guess it'd be weird to non-airsofters. Regardless, we explained the circumstance and told them that they were trespassing. Thought there were enough "NO TRESPASSING" signs, but apparently not <_<

After reading this it was at least worth the money you spend on it ... you lucky b#####d :D

Any movies you can tell us where we might see you play/act in?

Gen.X.Cops aka Dak ging san yan lui [1999]

~ we were the actually used several times in there... killed several times over :P

and other hard to pronounce movies... with no english titles...

Something fell on me at Sequioa, I think it was a nut... Suprised me, as I had just been hit before, but felt a larger object hit me on the head. I called "HIT" and stood up quickly, tripped, and broke my front sight. Coulda sworn I saw movement in the tree above me. Dastardly squirrels?

At the same game in sequoia:

The G36 I'd borrowed ran out of batteries. So, I reach for my side arm only to discover it isn't in my holster any more (I forgot to button it somehow and it fell out in the previous game.) So, I'm left without a gun mid game, and I just go running after the flag without any gear. Also, at nearly the same time my battery died, Shibisueka's did as well.

I found the pistol after the day was over, luckily, asked if I could go look for it and eventually found it buried in mud half under a log.

Not really the weirdest thing, but quite a first skirmish.

yea, sadly no credit what so ever, not even in the special thanks section :(

o well, atleast we got paid lots, and got to meet lots of cool ppl... BTW almost never trust the media news, they over exaggerate and make *suitcase* up just to get readers/viewers...

• 2 weeks later...

We were all marching our way through a wooded area to our starting position. I saw the guy in front of me step over an old rug that was dumped in the field. I did the same and the kid behind me suddenly went "Ugh!". I turned around and he was looking down at the old rug going "Oh man that's gross!" We all gathered around and saw what it was. It was actually a dead sheep with it's head removed. You could see the neck bone sticking out. The body was mostly dried up, but it was weird that the only thing missing was the head. The carcass was not "eaten in to" or anything like that.

Cult sacrifice? You be the judge. To think...we play night games sometimes in that same area.

We were all marching our way through a wooded area to our starting position. I saw the guy in front of me step over an old rug that was dumped in the field. I did the same and the kid behind me suddenly went "Ugh!". I turned around and he was looking down at the old rug going "Oh man that's gross!" We all gathered around and saw what it was. It was actually a dead sheep with it's head removed. You could see the neck bone sticking out. The body was mostly dried up, but it was weird that the only thing missing was the head. The carcass was not "eaten in to" or anything like that.

Cult sacrifice? You be the judge. To think...we play night games sometimes in that same area.

Charming.

I believe I posted earlier about how I once randomly threw up in the bushes. Now, whenever we're playing and my teammates and I go in that area, they ask me "Atty... Is this the bush you puked in?"

Charming.

I believe I posted earlier about how I once randomly threw up in the bushes. Now, whenever we're playing and my teammates and I go in that area, they ask me "Atty... Is this the bush you puked in?"

Randomly threw up in the bushes eh? It could have been worse I suppose. You could suddenly be stricken with some serious diarrhea while under fire.

Randomly threw up in the bushes eh? It could have been worse I suppose. You could suddenly be stricken with some serious diarrhea while under fire.

That would just be... suckish. A story to remember, no doubt. You could brag about how you held off the opfor while relieving yourself in the woods.

That would just be... suckish. A story to remember, no doubt. You could brag about how you held off the opfor while relieving yourself in the woods.

This isn't a story from an Airsoft event but from an Army Cadet excercise (a loooooong time - before I went into the British Territorial Army), but related to the comment above.

The section/platoon I was in was 'bumped' (attacked) in our camp by some Gurkha's - The really hilarious thing was hearing someone (one of the members of the platoon) shouting his head off, pants around his ankles, and 2 little Gurkha fella's dragging him away (one Gurkha grabbing him under each armpit) - He's only been snatched while taking a s*** (dump).

What great laughs we had for many years after (I still have a chuckle every now and again when someone reminds me of it) :D

This isn't a story from an Airsoft event but from an Army Cadet excercise (a loooooong time - before I went into the British Territorial Army), but related to the comment above.

The section/platoon I was in was 'bumped' (attacked) in our camp by some Gurkha's - The really hilarious thing was hearing someone (one of the members of the platoon) shouting his head off, pants around his ankles, and 2 little Gurkha fella's dragging him away (one Gurkha grabbing him under each armpit) - He's only been snatched while taking a s*** (dump).

What great laughs we had for many years after (I still have a chuckle every now and again when someone reminds me of it) :D

Come to think of it, I don't know why we didn't nickname him 's*** scared' from then on :D

haha i got shot one time while takin a ######.... luckily it missed the goods :D

Oh man. Whoever decided to take that shot is someone you should scratch off your friends list. They were hoping to strike the little ones right off.

Archived