Whats The Wierdest Thing Thats Happened To You At A Skirmish?

T.G. Dog

The last time I went to a rather large field in my state, I got lost and spent the majority of the day wandering around, spooking everyone whilst not actually in-game (killed before the wandering began).  I crossed the main stream of the field 27 times and traversed all sorts of strange ravines, marshes, and tree fields (really weird red flowered trees).

By far the strangest part though was when I wandered into some area that was covered in tall metal poles, each with a chicken/turkey/big bird carcass on each of them, in various states of decay, blood all over the place.  I immediately pulled a quick march through to continue wandering around, but I am fairly certain that I discovered a cult shrine, well off the field limits.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terminator knife kill the Riddler in the ball pit.

Who do I have a horrible image of Arnie stabbing Jim Carrey in the balls? :P

Saying that last time I was there I watched about five of the enemy leg it away from a position they had a good hold on, then watched the Terminator pop up behind them, firing at them as they fled. Gave me a chance to sneak round behind him and grab the item I needed :P. Then again I did once see it coming round the corner and called 'hit' before it had a chance to fire, screw getting lit up at the range I was at ;).

'FireKnife'

• 2 weeks later...

The last time I went to a rather large field in my state, I got lost and spent the majority of the day wandering around, spooking everyone whilst not actually in-game (killed before the wandering began).  I crossed the main stream of the field 27 times and traversed all sorts of strange ravines, marshes, and tree fields (really weird red flowered trees).

By far the strangest part though was when I wandered into some area that was covered in tall metal poles, each with a chicken/turkey/big bird carcass on each of them, in various states of decay, blood all over the place.  I immediately pulled a quick march through to continue wandering around, but I am fairly certain that I discovered a cult shrine, well off the field limits.

We came across more than a few shrines on STANTA training area here in my time.  The whole area is well known in occult circles because of the concentration of plague villages that were boarded up and either burnt or left to starve/rot. We found some ookie shiz on weekends out there and called the police more than once after chasing  groups off the area.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I don't know about weird but just about the stupidest thing I've seen at a game was courtesy of my mate Chris when we visited battle lakes. We were pinned down on one of the paths running next to one of the lakes, gorse bushes and brambles one side and the lake to the other, we'd opted to get off the path into the gorse and brambles which was fine if you didn't move thoughtlessly. Now, Chris was ahead of me, trying to get a better line of site on the guys shooing at us, suddenly he gets up and heroically leaps over the path... We go "did he just?" Followed by SPLOSH!!! As Chris dives waist deep into the lake. Apparently he thought there was more of a bank next to the lake, there was not. Hilariously it turned out we got a better line of site by simply pushing further through the gorse bushes...

• 1 month later...

We found some spraypainted pentagrams and doll heads on sticks at our woodland site once, but the large quantity of old kid's clothes and shoes scattered everywhere around the same time was WAY creepier.  

Our "Hindu Kush" site is also occasionally used as an illegal dump, since the massive size and rugged terrain offers lots of privacy.  Usually it's just appliances and such but I've found a smashed rowboat, a half decomposed horse, a small shark preserved in a jar of fluid, and a jet ski.  A few years ago there was a nearly new abandoned car, which remains there to this day (except now it's just a frame).  

The weirdest thing that "happened" was a player in a bush who wouldn't die.  We had wiped out the rest of the enemy in the area, and it wasn't a particularly large or leafy bush--you could clearly see the guy's outline.  People began shooting at him from all sides, with increasingly long bursts and moving ever closer, but after every volley would come answering fire from inside the hedge.  After several minutes of this, he finally emerged--with bleeding holes in his face and a broken front tooth--and didn't say a word, just walked out of the ravine to rejoin his "dead" teammates with an odd smile on his (ruined) face.  The only explanation I can offer was that we had traveled to a somewhat Breaking Bad area of Southern California for this particular event.  

Only thing that would have made it better would be two naked people fleeing the scene in the distance, wondering where this 'army' of people had sprung from :P.

Most of the 'weird' things at a game usually involve me I find. Some are 'wrong place, wrong time', others are just me being a cock.

'FireKnife'

Cock in a wrong place is not always wierd, sometimes it's outright gross. :D

Why is it that the only thing I can think of is a comment from Peep Show?:

"Why do you insist on seeing the anus as some sort of human USB port, just waiting to have all kinds of hardware plugged into it?"

'FireKnife'

• 1 month later...

A bit of a necro, but I think a half naked man on a unicycle counts.

A shirtless man with very light colored khaki shorts came unicycling down the hill in the middle of our game (having successfully ignored multiple No Trespassing signs. Needless to say, we were all dumbfounded.

Archived