Whats The Wierdest Thing Thats Happened To You At A Skirmish?

T.G. Dog

We went to visit The Mall, the game was to hunt down and clear out all players... We had thought we cleared the downstairs section when we noticed that one marshall didn't move with us....? Then one of our guys stuck his head into a broom cupboard and then called "Hit".... then another team mate carefully stuck his head in armed with his pistol and fired a few rounds off then came out..... we looked at each other and without saying anything I started to draw a flash bang which was duly thrown into the broom cupboard into the locker.... After a very loud bang..... There was a small whimper ..... And the poor chap finally called "hit"!!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peaked my head up over a log and got hit in the upper lip. While waiting for a medic I felt something in my nose. A little snot rocketing later a BB pops out. I assume it hit the lip then flew up the nostril. Good thing for mouth guards, eh?

• 1 month later...

We organized a game in a location that apparantly someone had neglected to look into prior bookings. So within the first couple hours a report came in that a few four wheelers came through a trail.... then a few more then a few more. We ended up canceling the game once we found out that a four wheeler derby had marked their trail right through our course. It was quite humerous and we ended up picking up a couple new players when we went to their staging area while all kitted out. It was a bit of a bummer to shut the game down but the day ended pretty good.

Tactical Alpaca.

Tac-paca :P

Reminds me when i got my first viewing of a Tornado grenade in action, guy pulls the pin, chucks it a good few metres, enter the site owners Westie, who procceds to pick it up and run round with it, bbs spraying out the nozzle to its left side, getting out most of the people stood next to me. Best way to make a Tornado effective in woodland :P

'FireKnife'

Dog on the playing field? Is that site owner simple?

Yes, he and all his marshals (and his family which he brought to every game) were all very simple country folk. Said site owner also used to walk around throwing lit pyro at people, rather loud ones, he stopped doing it near me though when i shot at him, causing him to drop the thing and have it go off next to him.

'FireKnife'

• 2 months later...

Probably not the weirdest as in strange but it will certainly stay with me was when one of the regular players, all kitted out in the best British desert camo went and collapsed from heatstroke. Height of summer, long game, ages from the carpark and breakroom, she was apparently found out on the outskirts of the last base. Out cold for a good minute apparently. Scary stuff. She had one of those high tech camel water things on her back aswell but didn't have any water - it was just for show.

On a lighter note, someone also got his front tooth shot out and kept on playing. Running about with blood gushing out his face. :lol:

What?? I swear I say this to so many people: carry water. Unless you're literally doing really short games not far from the safe zone, at least a small bottle. "oh but it's like heavy and it's so much cooler and better running a super light and fast loadout, I don't wanna be 'one of those guys' with some big heavy loaded up plate carrier". Not gonna be very *fruitcage* light and fast when you're collapsed on the floor are ya??

Wearing a hydro bladder then not even putting water in it at the height of summer is one of the most illogical, unsafe moves I have ever heard of in airsoft.

What?? I swear I say this to so many people: carry water. Unless you're literally doing really short games not far from the safe zone, at least a small bottle. "oh but it's like heavy and it's so much cooler and better running a super light and fast loadout, I don't wanna be 'one of those guys' with some big heavy loaded up plate carrier". Not gonna be very *fruitcage* light and fast when you're collapsed on the floor are ya??

Wearing a hydro bladder then not even putting water in it at the height of summer is one of the most illogical, unsafe moves I have ever heard of in airsoft.

Here here. You'd be surprised how few at my local bother with water. It amazes me to be honest. They'd rather walk back to the SZ to take a drink rather than buy a camelback /water bottle.

£600 AEG and no money for a £1.10 bottle of water?

A pouch for carrying my water in is above even magazine pouches when I organise my gear!

Speaking of water, last Sunday had the most freak weather I've played in during airsoft. We had the normal kind of drizzle which most people play on through, but then without warning came the most horrfic torrential rain and hail I've ever seen! We played on for 5 minutes in rain which you could barely see what was in front of you and I was determined to kill this one guy because he was in a bunker with a roof and he had a two tone M60. The hail made it difficult to tell if you were being shot as well! Not only that but the rain just made your shots fall to the ground with its intensity.

I feel sorry for the people who wore T-shirts that day. A lot of people left after that (including me, damn heavyweight non drying trousers!) but I'm told the rest of the day was great. :angry:

Water is an odd one, so few remember it but damn we all need it.

Though the worst is people that don't bring any water or even food then expect to ask you for some, sorry but if you are that stupid to think you can play in 25C and won't need water you deserve to be in the gene pool when they put the chlorine in. :P

'FireKnife'

A pouch for carrying my water in is above even magazine pouches when I organise my gear!

Speaking of water, last Sunday had the most freak weather I've played in during airsoft. We had the normal kind of drizzle which most people play on through, but then without warning came the most horrfic torrential rain and hail I've ever seen! We played on for 5 minutes in rain which you could barely see what was in front of you and I was determined to kill this one guy because he was in a bunker with a roof and he had a two tone M60. The hail made it difficult to tell if you were being shot as well! Not only that but the rain just made your shots fall to the ground with its intensity.

I feel sorry for the people who wore T-shirts that day. A lot of people left after that (including me, damn heavyweight non drying trousers!) but I'm told the rest of the day was great. :angry:

It was great... No, in fact, I'm not exagerrating when I say it's the most fun I've had in an afternoon at Ace :P Sorry dude!

Oh, and I realised I had a spare t-shirt after I'd spent an hour trying to dry mine.....

I have mags on the left of my gear, and water on the right to balance it out.

As I run out of ammo, it starts to feel wonky, reminding me to drink.

(for some reason I don't feel thirst until it's bordering on too late, I just drink because I know I need to)

If you only have a small bottle on your rig (like my 750ml, or a 1l canteen) get some of those additive things. there is a reason the army put them in ration packs. Your body will make better use of it.

Best tip I can ever give people though is pre-hydrate. Drink plenty of water the day before, get a good nights sleep and drink water before the game instead of energy drinks. Then you're only topping up instead of playing catch up. ;)

Oh, don't get me wrong, the night before GZ I will be drinking beer and tequila, staying up all night and I usually drink relentless and/or black coffee and eat sweeties, jerky and bacon. Once even bacon jerky. :D

But still, pre-hydrating is the way forward if you have any sense. ;)

Personally I fuel myself with a mixture of Relentless, Bacon and Mayfair Superkings....

And that's why you can never afford to keep a pistol. ;)

Not that I'm any better though, I fight on Lucozade sport, sausage rolls and Mayfair Smooth if Lucky Strikes aren't available.

Mine is water, some thing with caffine, like Pepsi, some bread based snack and some chips afterwards. Occasionally if i remember to pick some up then i get some Scottish tablet.

Tomorrow (as for some reason my local is on a Saturday) i will be taking a bottle of High Juice i have whittled away to about 20% then top it up at home and have a full litre of Orange, Lemon and Mandarin win :P

And i am sure i will have many things to post here next time.

'FireKnife'

Oh, don't get me wrong, the night before GZ I will be drinking beer and tequila, staying up all night and I usually drink relentless and/or black coffee and eat sweeties, jerky and bacon. Once even bacon jerky. :D

But still, pre-hydrating is the way forward if you have any sense. ;)

Ahhhh that's okay then... I don't have any sense, so now I don't feel bad! :P

And that's why you can never afford to keep a pistol. ;)

Not that I'm any better though, I fight on Lucozade sport, sausage rolls and Mayfair Smooth if Lucky Strikes aren't available.

Go fix your leaky mags you bully ;)

Today I randomly remembered a game where I ended up running down a dirt track at 2 in the morning in my boxers, boots and helmet clutching a borrowed M16 that was the closest thing to hand after being woken to check out some 'suspicious light' that the guys on stag thought was the entire enemy force coming to kill us in our sleep. They were fairly convinced it was an enemy force and we had to urgently get out to meet it. We were out there for about an hour, three of us, wondering where the sentries had dissappeared to only to find them huddled up under a poncho by the AFVs on the other side of camp. Never bothered to tell us that they had worked out it was the light we had reported in on the first night, about 2 miles out of the AO. I wouldn't mind but it was freezing!

Archived