Whats The Wierdest Thing Thats Happened To You At A Skirmish?

T.G. Dog

We had a dog come swimming out of the swamp at the Hell's Survivors field (Pinckey, MI USA). Managed to catch it, used a sling for a leash and then called the number on its collar. The owner came by to get it and said the property the dog had escaped from was like 12 miles away. "Well, that's the furthest he's ever run away..."

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Beauty magazine in my dump pouch and a clown running across the field.

I thought American skirmishes were a bit different but ok then :P

Also weirdest thing that has happened to me? Completing my own assigned objective in 10secs, by running like a nutter up to it and securing it. ;)

'FireKnife'

tripped over a cannonball ? got over excited about it and bagged it :) wasn't allowed to play with it though, no way to chrono test one.

Someone locked there keys into there car...."cannonball it" they settled for trying to pop the boot lock then prising a window open, could have opened the car in under 5secs with my new toy. Rest of the day was random shouts of "cannonball it" etc etc. I then spent the afternoon running around carrying a missile, i was tempted to run off with that, keep the cannonball company :)

Now to do some history research as no one knows of any historic battles there, so weigh and measure it and have a chat with a local museum.

For what? Going into the woods and spraying white stuff over other blokes or dogging?

Well in dogging you are likely to actual find some 'women' involved. But from my experiences the woman involved in dogging is well just no. :P

What would be weirder walking on to a skirmish site and see people dogging or going to a dogging site to see skirmishers? All i know is both will think, 'at least they are not LARPing'.

'FireKnife'

One thing happened to me on Saturday. I caught a flier BB that was coming towards me - He must have been firing at maximum range. I didn't notice it until the last moment, so I just stuck out my hand and caught it.

Took the hit anyway and I could hear laughing as I opened my palm and dropped it :D

That reminds me. Being shot in the hand and my clench reaction causing me to hold on to the bb as i took my hit then walked towards the safe zone, past the guy that shot me and gave it back :P

It hurt like hell but it was funny just to see the look on his face as i just gave it back.

Did the same last year when one lodged in my ear, just popped it out and handed it back ;)

'FireKnife'

Shooting a Vicar whilst dressed as a pirate

That sounds like the punchline or even the opening for a traditional pub joke :P.

Still watching a Polish guy loudly proclaim that 'Santa has no support' will always make me roll over in stitches.

'FireKnife'

Didn't happen to me, but one of my mates.

He was taking fire and eventually got hit in the face and started snorting loudly as he walked away.

Turns out one hit him in the face and somehow got lodged up his nose! His snorting was involuntary and he was surprised when he forced out a BB! :o

Archived