Whats The Wierdest Thing Thats Happened To You At A Skirmish?

T.G. Dog

Tell that one, I have no idea what he had in mind.

Basically we were playing a game with a Polish guy that worked with a few regulars that turned up. It was a defend Santa game, and if you did he gave out presents. This guy was the last man on my team that was defending Santa, so when i walked passed he shouted what i said at the top of his voice, was bloody hilarious :P.

Still also watching a guy from Lithuania screaming at a bunch of rental players to move up yet when he stood up to move he got lit up by guys all of 15m in front of him that had guns trained on him. What is it with people that have a very pronounced Eastern European accent and getting in random situations and shouting things at people, it seems to happen when i am around quite a lot.

'FireKnife'

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My last game was fairly well stocked with odd events.

First was getting tagged by from the side by a guy in a rabbit onesie toting a GBB MAC-10 set to semi. Shortly after that I saw a guy on my team had hung an battered old LCD monitor from his duty belt as some sort of inpromptu battlefield pick-up groin guard. Then later I was standing in a stairwell and a bloke suddenly runs across the corridor at the bottom, holding aloft a rubber skeleton that had MTP trousers on, and I'm not sure if this guy was just generally cackling loudly or singing gangnam style since it was all over very quickly, but it wasn't the most likely scenario I had in mind to possibly occur at that moment if I'm entirely honest.

• 4 months later...

Recently, I was running, tripped on a rock and almost fell on my polarstar.

Not that weird, but scary. 

had another game where some guy was trying to troll people with a springer pistol. He went around and kept getting killed, however, some other guy had brought a springer, and they had a troll-vs-troll battle with springers (1v1) to settle it. Was very entertaining to watch. 

We play in a field that has cattle around, some horses and a donkey. The donkey is always chasing people for food, and there have been several "encounters" with the cows in the forest :D

I personally asked a cow for the watchword several times... The damn thing was eating in a very dense forest area and I could only hear some movement near base :P

Reminds me of the time I was covering the flank of an objective in some thick bushes. After a couple of contacts I heard the rustling of dead leaf litter to my right so, assuming it was the attacking force attempting to flack around me, I moved out and spend the next 5 minutes stalking the sound only to find out I had been trying to sneak up on a rabbit

Reminds me of the time I was covering the flank of an objective in some thick bushes. After a couple of contacts I heard the rustling of dead leaf litter to my right so, assuming it was the attacking force attempting to flack around me, I moved out and spend the next 5 minutes stalking the sound only to find out I had been trying to sneak up on a rabbit

I do that at least once a month, if not once a game! :P

One game I went to a few weeks back, there was a kid, not sure on age - but super, super short. During one defensive game he went nuts, stood up and started firing crazily from the hip. As if that wasn't enough he started spewing random lines from Arnold Schwarzenegger movies ... "GET TO DA CHOPPA", "STICK AROUNDDEH". 

One game I went to a few weeks back, there was a kid, not sure on age - but super, super short. During one defensive game he went nuts, stood up and started firing crazily from the hip. As if that wasn't enough he started spewing random lines from Arnold Schwarzenegger movies ... "GET TO DA CHOPPA", "STICK AROUNDDEH". 

This used to happen about once a game where I used to play :P.

'FireKnife'

Oddly enough it was always a different person doing it. Some kid would turn up, have a laugh and go mad shooting stuff.

The best was watching one pop up, squeeze the trigger, let off a shot in semi then look down, think sod it and just hammers semi auto on his gun at the guys rushing at him on an objective :P.

Was great for me as the sheer distraction gave me a chance to sneak round and pop the ones he missed.

'FireKnife'

the weirdest thing ive ever seen was at my old site there are some really boggy areas and i remember i was out looking for a guy i had seen flanking our camp about 20 mins ago only to find him stuck waist deep in this bog shouting for help as he couldnt get out lol i did manage to get him out in the end but after that he couldnt play anymore as he was minus a boot and very wet.

the weirdest thing ive ever seen was at my old site there are some really boggy areas and i remember i was out looking for a guy i had seen flanking our camp about 20 mins ago only to find him stuck waist deep in this bog shouting for help as he couldnt get out lol i did manage to get him out in the end but after that he couldnt play anymore as he was minus a boot and very wet.

Haha Poor guy! Lucky you found him when you did! :)

I remember getting a couple of kills by shouting GRENADE! and throwing an empty mp5 mag into a room once.

Weird thing was they screamed HIT! the instant I shouted GRENADE!

I find that some people in some situations just take a 'grenade' and something bouncing into the room as a hit.

Though the better option is to have someone run up to a small building if you are playing a village defence game then shout Grenade and drop in a tennis ball in duct tape or something, see people scatter out of the building and have someone on standby to get them as they rush out. It is amazing what the shout of 'grenade' and a potential explosive can do :P.

Actually the best for me had to be at one of my first games, watching someone rush up, throw a grenade into the window I was standing at and firing from, it bounced off me and back out the building. Everyone ducked to hide behind window frames etc apart from the guy that was outside and had tried to but the grenade in the building. He just took it as a hit and went off laughing.

'FireKnife'

I remember getting a couple of kills by shouting GRENADE! and throwing an empty mp5 mag into a room once.

Weird thing was they screamed HIT! the instant I shouted GRENADE!

LOOOOOOLLLLL.

Thats epic.

Recently at a Wounded Warrior Project game here in Hawaii, my friends were in one of the buildings giving some supressive fire across the field.

Out of nowhere, these 2 parkour guys jump through the window with 2x TM MK23s each and kill everyone in the room within 2 seconds. 

They were clad in jeans, Tanktops, tactical belts and fastmags with more mags. True operators.

Everyone in the room had no idea WTF had happened.

-Hawaiian

The grenade story reminds me of Berget 9(event in Sweden). My team knew one of the GM in this event. This particular one was on a quad bike and would be the GM to simulate airstrikes, artillery etc. The way it worked was one fraction called in a airstrike on a position. He would then drive there, set up fireworks and call hits. Now during an airstrike if the GM can't find you or you are behind proper cover you might survive. So players that have walked many kilometers to get somewhere start to get a "sixed sense" seeing the GM they run and hide or hit the deck. Something that is not very "milsim" in reality, but not uncommon "cheat" on berget. 

Anyway when we where between mission we would sometimes relax in our fractions camp, and this GM would drop by when things where slow or he had a break. So when we saw him coming driving up into camp you could already see the rest of camp getting uneasy, we would then scream Airstrike! This would result in people dropping everything they were doing and running for their tents(off game), hitting the deck or find somewhere to hide one example being the portable toilets in full kit.

It might not be the weirdest thing but it was fun  J

Oh and btw i also can’t help doing the odd film quote or reenactment during airsoft skirmishes.

Was at the Grange and they've got these plastic boxes for cover, I took one of them and ran up to the compound with it, using it as a improvised riot shield (I only had a rubber knife because it was too cold for my GBB rifle)...

Still somehow got hit! Still can't figure out how unless I got slotted by my teammates who were miles away! Come to think of it, what I felt was probably some hail or raindrops!

Phoenix urban.

It was a stormy day and my small team decided to flank all the way around to get to the enemy base (it was a big site) I was point. Went round a corner and there was this massive pile of rubble, I heard mumbling so instantly presume enemy. I gave the hand signal for quiet from my guys and went over the top, finger hovering on the trigger, full auto locked in. Then I saw them hiding under some corrugated iron from the rain, a group of around 6 teens. 15-16 years old maybe.

I put safety on and screamed the cease fire. We had to tell them to haul it out of the site via the back way and get home. I was worried they would get shot from the Opfor (the cease fire screams didnt seem to reach, as we still heard bangs going off everywhere, the rain was loud))

Funnily one of the lads asked "are you in the SAS?" Made my day :D

One of my team mates said if was a good job I went over the mound as most others would have just sprayed and prayed as soon as they saw movement.

Weirdest thing was between games at NOMAD in scotland some players and i heard this screaming coming from in the woods. We venture in only to find some gun in a full tracksuit , up to his waist in a bog, just with his arms flailing everywhere , but still holding aloft his hire g36c. The vision of this screaming bog monster with a rif will never leave me.

Funniest part was that scoutthedoggie just ran up and filmed the poor lad!

Archived