Whats The Wierdest Thing Thats Happened To You At A Skirmish?

T.G. Dog

Didn't happen to me...but...

My friend and I got bored defending a building, so we set our rifles against the wall, upturned a fireplace grill, set our pistols on it and sat down and played some cards.

We were still playing when they stormed the building.

Fully half the team must've walked past us, whilst we nodded at them and offered them in on this hand. Some guy bang-killed us later on before we could take out the guy that was covering us :P

i got bored with my friends and started playing charades while defending. it ended up with everyone getting a bit ###### off and basically yelling stuff ay each other, when all of a sudden a loan hire gun noob walks past us (with our bright orange armbands and all) trying to be all tactical. we pause for a moment out of sheer disbelief and shoot him, how he didnt see/hear us i dont know.

edit: had horse riders too. during an ambush game a couple of horse riders came up behind our ambush, i cant imagine what must have been going through their heads when they saw about 40 blokes in full camo, armed to the teeth in ambush positions.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fort Ord, Monterey, CA. . .circa de 2005?

I attended a MOUT skirmish where a freshly(less than 8 hrs) murdered man was found on our playing field. . .

10 minutes into the 1st game..a player calls "blind man blind man!".. usually to signify their goggles/mask are fogged up and cannot see. . .so everyone was ###### that game play stopped!

seconds later. . .same person started yelling "dead man, dead man. . there's a f*ing dead guy here!!!!"

sure enough. . the player stumbled across a dead body laying just outside the entrance of a house in our field. .

we radioed Monterey PD and they (and coroner) acessed the situation. . LE was glad we were in the right place/time to uncover the body and found us to be very helpful and cooperative.

later..we found out that the guy was a druggy. . a deal went wrong and he paid for it. . was shot multiple times (or was he stabbed? I forget)..I can't remember the details..I just know there was a dead guy on our field. . found 10 minutes into the game...not cool.

That is definitely one of the weirdest things I've ever heard involving airsoft.

• 2 weeks later...
Fort Ord, Monterey, CA. . .circa de 2005?

I attended a MOUT skirmish where a freshly(less than 8 hrs) murdered man was found on our playing field. . .

10 minutes into the 1st game..a player calls "blind man blind man!".. usually to signify their goggles/mask are fogged up and cannot see. . .so everyone was ###### that game play stopped!

seconds later. . .same person started yelling "dead man, dead man. . there's a f*ing dead guy here!!!!"

sure enough. . the player stumbled across a dead body laying just outside the entrance of a house in our field. .

we radioed Monterey PD and they (and coroner) acessed the situation. . LE was glad we were in the right place/time to uncover the body and found us to be very helpful and cooperative.

later..we found out that the guy was a druggy. . a deal went wrong and he paid for it. . was shot multiple times (or was he stabbed? I forget)..I can't remember the details..I just know there was a dead guy on our field. . found 10 minutes into the game...not cool.

Damn dude, that's pretty intense. Was it back when Fort Ord first opened to players?

Ah yes. The dead dude. The game had been called and basicly made everyone not happy. They did get the murderer and such thankfully. I beleive this was when they had the 2+ square mile feild and Prision.

I wished they are able to bring it back. Bty. Though the grapevine, Jan 24th will be a AEX-Sponcered event, free game plus shooting compitetion. Sounds Epic. Photo-Lady and Son (me) will be attending that day, as well as this weekend.

Okay so a teammate and I were playing as NPCs guarding a "mine" down a hill where its pretty impossible to get to. As we're waiting, he decides to hide behind a tree with shade to keep watch as I stay next to the "mine" in the sun. After about 10 minutes into the game, he then decides to take a nap while i decide to sun bath. All in all, we never go to see any action in that round.

Another weird thing thats happened to me is having a blood nose while playing for no apparent reason. :o

Maybe not weird as in a guy running around in Gstring or cows but.

I was breaching in into one of the houses on my site, jumped trough the window, didn't notice the very wet door laying there on the ground, i tripped banana skid style and landed oin my *albatross*, cracking the door.

You know, I think I'm going to carry a couple of Bananas to my next game and use them as frags.

"Banana!"

"What?"

*pewpewpew*

A guy did that at a skirmish I was at. The next field over is owned by a farmer, and this years crop was red onions, so the place was littered with them. He ran out of 'nades, so picked up an onion, lobbed it in the window, yelled "Onion!", and promptly shot all the twits who came pelting out the building.

I played with a guy who strapped a dildo to his m16, rightfully declared as the dildo bayonet. I'm not sure if he ever did get a dildo kill or not.

That same game he decided to put on a giant penis costume and play in the speedball course (it was on a paintball field and they had the speedball courses nearby). So we used AEGs and full auto, and of course, getting hit didn't stop anyone.

Fort Ord today. First round of the game was awesome, and a buddy of mine's M4 was in it's prime, Got several kills and did it's owner good. Well, upon returning to the parking lot with thoughts of hot chili dogs, I hear a "Awww man!!!!" shouted from the car near ours. We look and saw the most disturbing thing to ANY airsofter.

The M4 is a King Arms Troy CQB model, just got out of the shop for a upgrade I beleive, and was it's first game out since being tuned.

DSC_2814.jpg

The owner holding his baby after it's passing :(

DSC_2816-1.jpg

The Story is, that the gun was fine thoughout the game, and upon returning to the cars, the m4 was set down onto the ground. Then it just "died" after it's honorable preformance. A Near by tech said that it looked as though the body was improperly put back together, with it's rear pin not completely set correctly in the body. :bye2:

I assume the gearbox is fine.

Also....

Lumberjack Commando anyone?

IMG_0130.jpg

Bio only at Ord bought from them directly and not from AEX, Full face mask required.

The typical Loadouts for Fort Ord are BDUs only, its not a requirement for gear

Any Woodland

Any Desert

Multicam

Civis

Black

Mixing and matching is fine. I've seen people run Muticam tops with jean bottoms, or Multicam to deserts.

Well hows this one for size.

The game is for one side to retrieve four 'packages' and return them back to the base so me and six other guys go for a look see and just happen to find one under a bridge while getting firedon so we bugged out and went back to base.

Along the way we noticed a small group of 4-5 guys in front of use, about 20 metres outside the base perimeter. The guy next to me just said for us to follow them back to base. Three to five minutes later of following them and i asked "who's team are they on". "Dunno" said the guy next to me so i looked to see an enemy armband and promptly open fired. Got three of the enemy out and the guy next to me got the other two. Only when the rest of the guys saw the armbands on the raised arms of the hit players did they realise what had just happened.

That and a melon that we had for an objective exploding prematurely for no reason (it wasn't even wired up to the detonator?!?!).

'FireKnife'

One of the most spectacular failures I've seen in game was from a STAR G36. Guy fired it, it was ok, then it started to slow down, then stopped.

Then smoke came out of it.

Then he dropped it in a puddle. Motor was burnt, battery was buggered. Less than a hicap through he gun since he'd bought it brand new.

to the guy posting about the M4: in about 15 months of skirmishing i've seen 3 or 4 people walking back to the safe zone looking very upset/disappointed/annoyed with half an M16 or M4 in each hand. snapped clean in half at the delta ring, one was a brand new TM :D indestructible? methinks not ;)

to the guy posting about the M4: in about 15 months of skirmishing i've seen 3 or 4 people walking back to the safe zone looking very upset/disappointed/annoyed with half an M16 or M4 in each hand. snapped clean in half at the delta ring, one was a brand new TM :D indestructible? methinks not ;)

Doesn't surprize me. I've personally had my CA metal body snap from the trigger guard area, to the grip near the selector switch as the Techs were attempting to swap the stock trigger guard, for a King arms sniper trigger guard.

I was trying to flank some of the opposite team through some large bushes when i came face to face with an opposite teams sniper.... my m4 pointed at him his handgun pointed at me.....what team you on we both say....(move forwards slightly and both look at each others tape)..... both say the opposite colour to which were attchally on at the same time and end up shooting each other anyway lol :P

oh and when i turned up at my first ever skirmish expecting everyone to be wearing norm bdu's or camo...... jus to find everyone is aprt from two blokes dressed as R2-D2 and C3PO lol.....yes everyone on both teams did go for them haha

TMs are plastic so of course they can snap right in half. As for weird stuff I have seen people hit/catch nerf rockets from grenade launches atabout 200-300 feet out.

Archived