Working on pre-made co2 systems for you guys.

MagnumBB

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Magnum bb I dont see any pictures. How did the game go?

new field with dense desert "forest" trees were about 6 inches across but maybe 4-5 in a sq yard. game went pretty well until some knucklehead shot a nerf football at a bee hive and the place was swarmed. I ran away with only 10 stings and a torn jacket.

Overall, a good time, although I found my test rifle to be a bit cumbersome (I need to swap bipod with a shooter' pack.

plenty of people handled the rifle including game organizers who feared i might crank up the juice during play. I got called for hot rifle a few times, but lo' and behold, i was still shooting 510

What gun is thatin the pics?kjw m700? is that a custom stock(or modded)? How was the consistancy?

The gun is a KJW m700 that I modified for a buddy to fit into a Remington 710 stock. The stock was a left over from one of his real steel guns, so a bit of mill work and we got us a fitting stock. not all the parts are lined up correctly, and the gun itself needs allot of work, but for a testing platform the best I got was +/- 4fps during game chrono ( worst was 40 fps, but that was before I tuned her in.)

When my tanaka arrives, or your magazines arrive, I hope to have a better platform.

I also have a gas converted vsr donor gun in talks, we'll see how that goes.

I'll be making the video some time this week

the +/- 4fps was a single string of 10 rounds from 1 magazine at the chrono station. First chrono was the wild shots, I then sat down, tweaked the system and voila!

Tweaking the system consists of adjusting the first to desired psi, and then the second to match with little gauge movement. The easiest way is to set the second to max, and then slowly increase the pressure from the first ( I used 85psi for the game) and then adjust the second until the gauge's needle dips slightly.

Any chance you could get them to make a VSR compatable gas bolt ready to go with the co2 system ? the KA is very expensive.

I have the exact same question! A drop in kit for VSR with everything included would be great. That mod with my VSR compatible M82A1/M95 sounds like a hit :).

I have the exact same question! A drop in kit for VSR with everything included would be great. That mod with my VSR compatible M82A1/M95 sounds like a hit :) .

I'd have to work on it a bit and figure out what mods have to be done to the cylinder and what mods have to be done to the gun itself.

a vsr kit is very much possible.

It seems like there are a lot of Techs that are trying their hand in Pressurized Gas Sniper Rifles nowadays. It's almost every week now that I hear someone has converted their KJW into an HPA beast, or their gas VSR into a C02 rifle. I'm glad that their are people trying to make it as a drop in kit as well, and so I tip my hat to you :)

I hope yours comes out well, as HPA, and C02 rifles should theoretically be better than a spring, or propane rifle in nearly every arena. Giving such superiority to the masses will make airsoft snipers 'better' in many senses.

So I hope all goes well for you, and I hope I can contribute to our cause with my NSP project that I have going on ASR.

Also, good luck on the BB's. I can't wait to get a bag of decent .36's

Cheers,

Chris

There is only 1 pressure gauge.

What happens, is because you set the secondary regulator to max ( 150 psi) it allows the gauge to operate anywhere between 0-150.

You then control the output of the first and you can crank it to which ever setting you need. once it is set to your liking, you control the second to fine tune the level you need.

I am experimenting with the setting right now, to get a good estimate of what needs to be done. If the first regulator is set to max , 150 psi, and then the second regulator does the fine work, the recharge rates tend to be very quick, but there are wider deviations.

alas, It is flu season and I have fallen victim. when I am feeling better, I'll get some more info up.

What does the 'click' do - locks the regulator to that PSI setting?

What PSI do we need for 500 FPS?

What is the current FPS varience of the unit? Also, how will it perform in the cold winter weather we get here?

Ben.

"Click"

Yes, The click locks in the psi setting for the first regulator.

500 fps

Each gun will vary from each other depending on size of magazine (29 vs 10) upgrades and etc. but using a benchmark of 85psi and increasing/decreasing is a good place to start.

Varience.

Because the kjw I used for testing performs poorly, I am waiting on a Tanaka m24 to arrive and I'll produce a video showing shooting and pressure changes on that rifle. ( m40 has been gutted for pending semi auto project)

As for cold testing, the best I can do is at night. Being that I currently live in Southern California, it probably won't get that cold ( maybe low 50 degress F)

This sounds cool, great to see someone putting stuff together for the community :)

However, i spent £80 on a CO2 thingy from Begadi. Tapped it up to the mag of a Star AW338, shoved a 12g capsule in it, turned the regulator up and can get 500 fps easily, i've tested it to 650fps and no problems. It's as consistent as my BAR10. All i'm saying is you folks might be over estimating just how much money/effort it takes to make a good CO2 gun...

This sounds cool, great to see someone putting stuff together for the community :)

However, i spent £80 on a CO2 thingy from Begadi. Tapped it up to the mag of a Star AW338, shoved a 12g capsule in it, turned the regulator up and can get 500 fps easily, i've tested it to 650fps and no problems. It's as consistent as my BAR10. All i'm saying is you folks might be over estimating just how much money/effort it takes to make a good CO2 gun...

I agree with you in that co2 in the application of airsoft is a wonderful thing. From rifles to Bolt actions, I wish everyone can have the chance to fire a co2 powered gun ( aside from pistols)

Based on price, 155USD vs 130USD (Conversion rate of 1 pound to USD) a second regulator unit and purpose built application might be worth it for someone. One of the packages I am putting together, consists of the unit, number of needed male plugs, #21 drill bit and corresponding 10-32 UNF tap for a DIY home tap job. I will also be featuring a manual on my website on how to drill and tap the magazines for yourself.

I'm offering a product and the customer service with each unit. Value wise, someone might see this as more valuable than the off the shelf Begadi system.

I'd rather have a product that I know someone has put a lot of effort into designing, organising, manufacturing, etc., than an off-the-shelf product from a company I don't even have first-hand experience with.

Also, MagnumBB has a reputation on this forum, and probably others, so we know he's not going to put out a product with serious flaws and offer it to snipers all over the world, only to have his name and work slagged off.

Ben.

I might have been a bit misunderstood. I think what Magnum is doing is brilliant and i commend it :)

I'm just saying, for what its worth, the simple off the shelf system does work quite effectively :)

It's brilliant that you're doing the male plugs though, i'm having trouble finding some more to use with my begadi system :( Don't suppose you could help me there?

Again, you're doing great work, i hope to get one of your systems in the future!

HF

Archived