Working on pre-made co2 systems for you guys.

MagnumBB

he told me that with a 2 stage regulator, it is usually 2 fps.

That was with my personal setup (MGC 10/22) using a CCI 12g changer, 1 palmer's micro rock regulator and a brass expansion chamber.

Until I have proof of abiltiy from my tests, I am not going to publicly state any fps variance as fact. With 850 psi being brought down to the 5-150 psi range from first regulator and the second regulator allowing adjustment from 5-125 psi, redundancy is built in to allow overlapping control.

ie, if you know 96 psi will yeild 550 fps, adjust the second regulator to 96psi and then adjust the first until the gauge from the second begins to dip. This means the Max output from the first will always be checked by the second regulator. You won't have an upward pressure spike.

On a semi Auto application, variance comes from the rate of re-pressure. If i pull the trigger faster that what the system can repressureize, it'll show dips. On a bolt action, because there is a delay in charging the bolt, the gas chamber in your magazine should be able to equalize very quickly.

and yes, on a semi-suto application, I have been able to get 2 fps deviation over 12 shots on a guarder chrono.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That'd be great. So your final product will be more strait so it will fit in the butt pouch correct?

Certainly,

Right now I am banking on the eagle industry's shooter pouch having a slightly triangular shape to have the tallest point on the rear and the thinnest portion towards the front.

Any kind of price range will you be looking at?

I'm looking at around $150 for 2 stage setup (2 stage regulator, mini gauge, 3 foot hose and female quick disconnect. I'll also stock up on male ends for those who want to tap their magazines themselves.

as for ordering, I'm probably going to keep it in a group buy format of a least 10 units. with 2/3 upfront and 1/3 + shipping when they are ready to go. Reason for this is because I want to keep prices low, (supplies have a 10+ unit discount) and the min order for the first regulator is 10 units.

I have a smaller zinc/plastic regulator coming in tomorrow as well as new set of fittings on weds. I'll try to have pictures as late as Thursday night.

I am confused about how the co2 holder is cnnected to that brass fitting. DO you have to connect the cap to the fitting or do you have it so that it goes into the side of the Co2 holder? But that FAR excedes my expectations as far as portability.

Could this be adapted to fit a maruzen l96 System ?

From my small understanding, yes. Just checking though.

Looks very interesting!

I would be looking to shoot 450-500fps

You can, but you would need either an OK, KIC or Classic Army gas conversion cylinder. Last I checked, they were discontinued though.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...APS-GC_srch_aps

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...APSGC_srch_aps2

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...C-APS2_srch_aps

Those with VSR-10's will have an easier time.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...SRGC_srch_vsr10

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...C-PA04_srch_vsr

If Well platforms fit into Maruzen stocks, it might be possible to pick up one of the well gas powered rifles to harvest its gas cylinder.

Got some updates on the co2 system...

I am only 80% ready with v2 right now, trying to design something more robust for consumer use. I might be careful with my equipment, but I know others are not as OCD as I am.

Bad news

-Test rifle choice of, a buddy's kjw m700 was a terrible Idea. Bolt stick, trigger jams and mag gap to chamber... Terrible. this gun has seen more dirt action than most 4x4's. With a better cared for KJW, It'll most likely do much better.

-Best I could get tonight was +/- 4 fps on a string in 10 shots (1 magazine). worst was +/- 30 fps ( before tuning)

Good news

-My new tanaka m40 will arrive tomorrow. I'll post read off of 30 rounds with green, 30 rounds of propane, and then drill/tap mags for 30 rounds of co2. I have a can of red gas... but I'll keep that to myself and 134a is rare around here.

- at 75 psi, I hovered around 400fps and got 80+ shots from a single 12 gram cart. (400 is a little "weak" for a sniper rifle, but game rules are game rules)

I pretty much have the price nailed down to $155 USD.

and yes, I wish definitely ship to the UK

asawaffield,

nice setup, I am assuming begadi c02 kit and a nylon 11 remote hose?

-update-

Pics from post game testing

IMG_7583.jpg

IMG_7581.jpg

IMG_7580.jpg

Got notice from WGC that my m40 woodland is out of stock and I have option for credit or refund -.- I'm waiting on word if M40 wood is in stock.

Archived