Pictures of yourself in the field/posing

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol! well sorry about that...but it really did look like you were risking it a bit  :P

Annoyingly, it wasn't when that picture was taken. At that point, I took out four Opfor with a well placed strafing shot.

It was after I'd moved up into the next bunker that I realised there had in fact been five of them. :(

Headshots sting, kids. :waggle:

Yeah, I didn't notice that until I saw the picture. As for the effectiveness, i'd have to say that they are not high on my list for woodland bdu's. They would do well in an urban area, and the pictures I have seen in a desert setting look good...but I think the Army made a serious mistake thinking these would be suitable for jungle.

lol. ok. well take a couple of friends with you, they can get shot whilst you get the glory :D . Wear a hat? :P

thanks H&K

I usually do, either a watch cap or a balaclava. :ph34r:

When I can wring the sweat out of them, I kinda figure it's a bit hot for them, ya know?

TBH, not wearing full face protection really improved my style of play. I moved a lot quicker (out of fear of getting shot!) and just felt a lot freer about the playing style. It's not something I'd try in urban, but I'm probably gonna go on wearing just goggles until soemthing really painful happens to change my mind. :rolleyes:

TBH, not wearing full face protection really improved my style of play. I moved a lot quicker (out of fear of getting shot!) and just felt a lot freer about the playing style. It's not something I'd try in urban, but I'm probably gonna go on wearing just goggles until soemthing really painful happens to change my mind

Yeah I know, I use to wear a full mask and then I switched to googles, you get more oxygen and I have noticed you can see better because the Co2 wont fog up you're mask.

Edited by airsoftfreak14
Yeah, I didn't notice that until I saw the picture.  As for the effectiveness, i'd have to say that they are not high on my list for woodland bdu's.  They would do well in an urban area, and the pictures I have seen in a desert setting look good...but I think the Army made a serious mistake thinking these would be suitable for jungle.

The army actually recently changed their ACU uniforms and added more green to make it more suitable to various environments.

Edited by S3Project
Are you wearing actual issue ACUs or the knockoff from truspec? If your basing your opinions on the knockoffs, then it could just be those.

Mine are the Truspec so you make a good point. I did see some actual issue acu's last week and could not tell any difference in the color. I am guessing that the Truspec color is an accurate rendering. I really like the changes the Army has made to the bdu's in the way that they are made. The acu's are supposed to be able to function as camo in multiple environments. I guess they do in a very basic way. As far as providing good camo though, i'll take my multicam any day.

popeye's BDUs are spot on to the issue ACUs near as I can tell. I've seen both up close, and aside from a slight difference in tailoring (which may have been my imagination) they appear 99.99% accurate. We did some videowork at that game and if I can get a good picture I'll post a quick vid or image of popeye at the game in a woodlands/urban setting.

Hey Guys I don't want to double post pics but there's some new pics from Firefight Chatham of my mate Charlie and I posing in the field in our authentic dated Nam load outs....Enjoy!!

Red

post-5865-1116957212_thumb.jpg

post-5865-1116957419_thumb.jpg

Edited by Red5