Pictures of yourself in the field/posing

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OikOik really like the pic's! must be so great to play on a 747 :)

Although sinse your were balanced on the wing was there any safety stuff because it's a bit of a way down

hehe, cheers Minty_Fresh!

no, there was no safety gear. to say that we crapped ourselves would be an understatement. expecially for those of us who hadnt done any kind of rock climbing before [or slippery plane/wing climbing for that matter..] ..

nearest hospital was 45 mins away.

they had to change the assault time because the ice that was forming on the wings wouldve really resulted in too many safety problems, as it was we got given some cloth to wipe the wings as we went up.. :o

there were a few hairy moments, and thats where good teamwork and trust made a difference..

the 20+ training assaults via the wing the day before helped enormously though - you get to know what part would be slippery, which part is too slippery all the time, where to get a hand hold, where there isnt, where your feet slip, where not to put any weight, where to grab something incase you slip, fall or slide, etc..

i also did some abseiling out the plane the day before and my gear got stuck, slinging me upside down and into the underside of the 747 headfirst.

i really liked wearing my [replica] MICH after that.. :)

all goes to make a memorable experience! :D

--

Alien, your photos are amazing!

--

There was an airsoft game held in Korea that was on the set of Korean War film, Taegukgi brotherhood of war, which wouldve been a fantastic photo/video opportunity but i dont think anyone took that unfortunately.. [only normal game pics iirc]

hehe, cheers Minty_Fresh!

no, there was no safety gear. to say that we crapped ourselves would be an understatement. expecially for those of us who hadnt done any kind of rock climbing before [or slippery plane/wing climbing for that matter..] ..

nearest hospital was 45 mins away.

they had to change the assault time because the ice that was forming on the wings wouldve really resulted in too many safety problems, as it was we got given some cloth to wipe the wings as we went up.. :o

there were a few hairy moments, and thats where good teamwork and trust made a difference..

the 20+ training assaults via the wing the day before helped enormously though - you get to know what part would be slippery, which part is too slippery all the time, where to get a hand hold, where there isnt, where your feet slip, where not to put any weight, where to grab something incase you slip, fall or slide, etc..

i also did some abseiling out the plane the day before and my gear got stuck, slinging me upside down and into the underside of the 747 headfirst.

i really liked wearing my [replica] MICH after that.. :)

all goes to make a memorable experience! :D

--

Alien, your photos are amazing!

--

There was an airsoft game held in Korea that was on the set of Korean War film, Taegukgi brotherhood of war, which wouldve been a fantastic photo/video opportunity but i dont think anyone took that unfortunately.. [only normal game pics iirc]

Thanks... :D

Enough with the Floyd!! Christ, I live about 3 miles away from Roger Waters and I even drink in his local sometimes, I'm a fanboy and a half, I learned half the lyrics when I was younger; I love 'em as much as you do but your just hurting my brain now!! Argh!!!

*stops drinking black velvet*

Yeah, enough with the Floyd ;)