Pictures of yourself in the field/posing

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some more dewey pictures from operation sandstorm two weeks ago.

sandstorm26fv.jpg

sandstorm11lk.jpg

sandstorm36fw.jpg

Dont say a word about the second picture. Im pretty sure the photographer snapped the photo right as i was saying "over there".

Edited by Magsz
desert fox... contractors dont wear camo

ever

if they mixed up with real soldiers, bad things happen  :(

Dude, do you really want me to go through the PMC loadout thread and pick out a bunch of pictures of a Real life PMC's wearing camo? :rolleyes:

FFS, there's even one of a guy in US desert cam with 'Contractor' over his pocket rather than US ARMY.

feature.1.gif

It's reccomended that they not wear BDU, but some do anyway.

Contractors may be issued some protective Organizational Clothing and Individual Equipment (OCIE) according to the theater to which deployed, but they will not be issued Battle Dress Uniforms ..

The contractor is encouraged to require a uniform appearance among their employees, but the use of current U.S. Armed Forces uniforms is prohibited.  These policies are in place for their protection, to distinguish them from combatants. 

That was written by the DoD after PMCs started to get attacked by insurgents who thought they were soldiers :)

any PMCs who break such rules are undertaking great risk ;)

EDIT OCIE is NBC (nuclear biological and chemical) clothing

Edited by Kipper
Dude, do you really want me to go through the PMC loadout thread and pick out a bunch of pictures of a Real life PMC's wearing camo?  :rolleyes: 

FFS, there's even one of a guy in US desert cam with 'Contractor' over his pocket rather than US ARMY.

feature.1.gif

It's reccomended that they not wear BDU, but some do anyway.

Damn, that dude looks a lot like the translator the american forces brought with them the night they captured Saddam. (I saw a documentary with him on Discovery.)

Edited by Full Metal Jacket

im sorry, perhaps if were being pedantic i should have said

'smart contractors dont wear camo'

or mebe even

'contractors shouldnt be wearing camo'

But that fact remains if you wanna do an accurate one ... steer clear.. unless you wanna be shot ;)

im sorry, perhaps if were being pedantic i should have said

'smart contractors dont wear camo'

or mebe even

'contractors shouldnt be wearing camo'

But that fact remains if you wanna do an accurate one ... steer clear.. unless you wanna be shot  ;)

Except, as evidenced by the multitude of pictures.....a lot of real contractors do wear camo - perhaps not the same as the forces they fight alongside, but they wear camo nevertheless.

So you can't say wearing camo is 'innaccurate' - it's not, and we have the pics to prove it.

PMCs extend far beyond the percieved security guys. Most of those that work in and around US bases (i.e. a huge percentage of non-military in Iraq) will wear DCUs. Primarily doing so to blend in (i.e. so they look like any other person on base, a US soldier).

Where you might not want to be readily identifiable is working a PSD cruising around in Iraq. Wearing US camo makes you a target to insurgents (as does western dress and giant SUVs anyway), wearing any other camo means the Joe armed with the Mk.19 or 50cal you're rolling up behind at 120km/h could mistake you for an insurgent and blat you.

The Force Protection and Convoy guys have less of a need, one being a giant fixed target, the other being a giant moving target.

As evidenced by this photograph of a contractor wearing GROM trousers.

Chris_Bridge.jpg

Chris Neidrich, Blackwater Contractor, RIP

I would say looking at that picture and looking at the many other pictures of merc's in Iraq (yes merc's, PMC is just another layer of spin). That what a contractor is wearing makes no bloody difference at all. An insurgent see's something like the poor lad pictured above he'll see a westerner armed with western equipment and clothing... he could just as easily be special forces, hell if your deluded enough to think that America is run by the devil and that what your doing is allah's will you could probably think he was a regular.

I would imagine a contractors personal loadout would be that of requirements. What he has access to, and what will help him do the job. There is no definative kit list.