Classic airsoft gun picture thread

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just found one of my toy guns I had when I was 6-7 years old. 1989. It was still with it's original package. I found my Daisy Softair Gun Model 59. As it turns out it was one of the first Airsoft guns made for America in 1986-87. I did some research and they were made by Maruzen for Daisy. There were about 12 different models including 5 rifles/smgs. here is a link if you are interested scroll to near bottom of the link

Now the fun part the pics.

DM59Originalpackage1.jpg

DM59r.jpg

DM59SoftairEject.jpg

DM59Softair2.jpg

DM59manualc.jpg

DM59Softair40.jpg

DM59Softairshell.jpg

DM59manualin.jpg

DM59Softairh.jpg

DM59magc.jpg

Edited by RaginFro
Ragin, can you still buy airsoft guns like that? I love the idea of loading the BBs into replica rounds like that, especially cool the way they eject too  :)

i think that something like that is illegal in the UK, as it counts as a firearm - it fires a projectile from a shell or something like that..

search in the news section about the cap-firing (or similar) m4, this was discussed..

however, it is very cool!

i think that something like that is illegal in the UK, as it counts as a firearm - it fires a projectile from a shell or something like that..

search in the news section about the cap-firing (or similar) m4, this was discussed..

however, it is very cool!

No shell is fine, like Little Para says; it's only illegal if the projectiles are propelled by means of explosion

Ragin, can you still buy airsoft guns like that? I love the idea of loading the BBs into replica rounds like that, especially cool the way they eject too  :)

I have not found any on the net for sale. My dad bought this for my in 1989 I was 6-7 and I have not seen any like it. Oh and just to let you know he did not give me the shells or bb. so there was not a 7 year old running around with a airsoft gun.

there is no cap so it should be legal

Edited by RaginFro
I posted these in the mega thread - but for classic lovers that missed them  :D

usp_000.jpg

and dual P7 M13s one with extended inner barrel hidden in silencer -

p7_001.jpg

I got more classics - will try to get some new pics soon

ah ha!!!! my ol' Koba USP Comp I

btw..the hicap mag emulates a double stack on top. .triple(or even quadruple) stack on the lower. .thus 60 rnd

and right back at you on the silenced P7. . except mine also has a METAL SLIDE

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
No shell is fine, like Little Para says; it's only illegal if the projectiles are propelled by means of explosion

not true when we had the Police come and visit our club if anyone had any BB gun where the Shells carried the propellent for the BB (even gas) then they were classed as section 5 firearms because they could be modified to fire real projectiles. according to the Senior firarms officer for thames valley police anyway

Jac Brownings, All fitted with systema metal slides, for the purist I can convert them back, They are Tu Tone Half Silver : All Silver : Novak : All Silver - Tu Tone has a spin barrel and the silvers have LRB as standard.

nice! I actually miss my JAC HP comp w/ Systema metal slide. .

Isn't the metal slide actually by Z-shot (which became Systema)?

That Daisy Model 59 brought back some memories. I had that, the Luger, the Uzi, and the .357. Back in the 1980s you could buy PFC and replica kit guns from any hobby shop for around $75 - when the SoftAirs came out for $40 they were a steal.

first_airsoft.jpg

The only survivors - my Model 58, now repainted as a prop, and my Ruger Blackhawk PFC gun (which is no longer with us after being parted out for an abortive Firefly gun project).

• 1 month later...