Pictures of your weapon

Arent you talking 6K $ for a decent armalite?  Maybe more I think?

And theres little chance I thought of a civilian getting an xm8 or even a g36?  Even in the US I thought these were not openly available...I could be totally wrong, just something I heard.  But I do know that real rifles cost quite a bit more than airsoft for sure although some pistols are closer in price to their airsoft eqivelants.

If I was in the states i`d be buying real guns but in the uk we might not even be allowed to buy any more fake guns!!!

People seem to dis Enzo quite a bit - dont know why.... nothing wrong with loving your guns  :D  :D  :P

You can easily get an AR-15 for less than $800US.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to move back into airsoft land...

I have a few real steel guns, but many more airsoft. I'm a collector first, and a skirmisher 2nd.

There are many reasons why it makes more sense to buy toys than the real thing ($, age, laws, range availability, kids in the house, etc, etc)

On that note:

I don't think I ever posted up pictures of the "aeg shotty" I made last year. It was the mp5pdw lower, kind of hacked into a shotgun looking thing. The battery stored in the shell tube and the bb's were in kind of a hopper in the barrel. It held around 150 or so.

The big problem was the homemade hopup was just too sloppy and a really bad fit for the nozzle, so the thing only shot about 20 feet. It was a fun project even if it didn't pan out quite how I imagined it would...

20040613aegshottie0036un.jpg

20040613aegshottie0029hl.jpg

But you've never skirmished.  :D

2k for a bushmaster?

You can get a brand new colt for 1300.

Bushmaster > Colt

Colts are not as high quality as some other AR15 manufacturers such as Bushmaster, Wilson Combat, and RRA. Also, the prices I mentioned were for new/very nice used AR15s. Nice pics Grimes. I'm guessing inspired for BHD?

Well, I do do a lot of backyard skirmishes and I have played a 4 on 4 match at my friends house...7 acres of field :D SO I do have some idea, but I WILL SKIRMISH SOON FOR REAL. TOLCOM :D

You dont need to explain yourself to anyone Enzo. I was just busting your balls.

Bushmaster > Colt

Colts are not as high quality as some other AR15 manufacturers such as Bushmaster, Wilson Combat, and RRA. Also, the prices I mentioned were for new/very nice used AR15s.  Nice pics Grimes. I'm guessing inspired for BHD?

Um, 1300 dollars for a colt is also brand new. I dont know who the hell you're paying two thousand dollars to for a bushmaster but you're positively getting ripped off.

A brand new carbon 15 is 1075 from bushmaster. A bushmaster 16 inch m4 type patrolmans carbine is 1065. These are MSRP prices direct from bushmaster which means you're most likely going to be paying 800-900 dollars from a good dealer.

So again, i really must ask you who the hell you're paying two thousand dollars for a rifle that can be bought for half of that amount.

Also, why are bushmasters better than colts?

Edited by Magsz

In my experience bushmaster has a better consistency in parts manufacture thanks to their relationship with labelle.

But Colt and BM are quite compareble performance wise.

It's mostly shooter preference to the wide number of differant models that Bushmaster provides IMO.

Unless you take into consideration how fussy bushmaster lowers are with mags. Anyway this is off topic :P

The short mags don't like the lowers too much, but any Bushmaster I have seen loves our pre-ban military mags. Which is a shame considering the standard Bushmaster magazine has the most problems with their AR15s.

Edited by M1911A2 guy
Well, I do do a lot of backyard skirmishes and I have played a 4 on 4 match at my friends house...7 acres of field :D SO I do have some idea, but I WILL SKIRMISH SOON FOR REAL. TOLCOM :D

I thought BFTII was over like a month ago? Wait is TOLCOM open to play year round? W/e, guess Ill see you next year at BFTIII if you decide to skirmish :P

Led, if your using a real gearbox, shouldnt it fire more than 20ft? Couldnt you just take out the home made hop-up?

Edited by phishphansj3151

Very nice GRIMES. My ICS A3 will be looking like that here shortly when I purchase a heatguard from Bushmaster. What manufacture are the gun and launcher? Is that a SunProject or a US issued heatguard?

P.S. Go with black electrical tape for the mag pulls man. It just looks a lot better. ;)

Very nice GRIMES. My ICS A3 will be looking like that here shortly when I purchase a heatguard from Bushmaster. What manufacture are the gun and launcher? Is that a SunProject or a US issued heatguard?

P.S. Go with black electrical tape for the mag pulls man. It just looks a lot better. ;)

SunProject, it comes with that heat shield.

You can always spot a SP launcher for the mirror like finish of the barrel/grip :) Im so glad I painted mine flat black.

My KWA G19 with sanded metal slide, upgraded recoild spring, spare mag, and hogue handall grips:

<PICS>

I love it to bits  :wub:

Rocky

I love the slide, grip, recoil spring and spare mag... :D

:wub:

You dont need to explain yourself to anyone Enzo.  I was just busting your balls.

Um, 1300 dollars for a colt is also brand new.  I dont know who the hell you're paying two thousand dollars to for a bushmaster but you're positively getting ripped off.

A brand new carbon 15 is 1075 from bushmaster.  A bushmaster 16 inch m4 type patrolmans carbine is 1065.  These are MSRP prices direct from bushmaster which means you're most likely going to be paying 800-900 dollars from a good dealer.

So again, i really must ask you who the hell you're paying two thousand dollars for a rifle that can be bought for half of that amount.

Also, why are bushmasters better than colts?

If you haven't read it from one of my other replies, then I'll let you know I participate in IPSC Junior competitions in the carbone rifle class. The bUshmaster I ordered form factory wasn't exactly "stock", as in it had some stuff done to before it came into my hands. So I should rephrase myself. MY AR15 cost $2,000, sorry for any misunderstandings.

My Ar15 started life as a Bushmaster carbine, stock as hell. Now it is a wild competition carbine worth about twice as much as a stock AR15(as stated by Magz.)

The reason my rifle costs $2,000 is because:

It has a a JP Enterprises Inc. aluminium vented handguard housing a custom gas return tube(what drives the bolt back every time the weapon is fired) for increased gas flow and function of the action It also has a JP Enterprises compensated muzzle brake that was designed specifically for the hand milled barrel on the gun. Next the semi-auto firing mechanism is an aftermarket RRA model that has an adjustable trigger for a lighter pull. Also, an aftermarket RRA feeding port has been installed on the rifle. BIG misunderstanding, my bad. I bought the gun from Shapels Gun Shop, Boise Idaho.

To answer your other question, the Bushmaster over Colt is more of an opinion than a fact. But I don't like the idea of the parts being made in Taiwan and the actual rifles being assemble in China. Not my bag. I like my AR15s all American. So, that was more of an opinion.

AR154.jpg

AR153.jpg

AR152.jpg

AR151.jpg

Just some pics of the gun so nobody pulls the "Thast not teh youss in teh picturerers"

wait im i retarted, or dont in the usa u have to be 18 to buy a gun, caue u said u ordered it, so im assuming yur parents did. Right? im just asking cause you dont look like you are 18, and u said it was a junior program. I dunno what the law is in boise, but here in cali, u have to be 18 to purchase a long barreled gun, and 21 for a handgun.

wait im i retarted, or dont in the usa u have to be 18 to buy a gun, caue u said u ordered it, so im assuming yur parents did. Right? im just asking cause you dont look like you are 18, and u said it was a junior program. I dunno what the law is in boise, but here in cali, u have to be 18 to purchase a long barreled gun, and 21 for a handgun.

I, personally didn't buy the gun myself, but I put the package together and helped buy it. My parents let me buy sweapons because they feel I am responsible to be allowed to do so. But no, I myself didn't order the gun, and I myself don't buy guns. I have my father buy them for with my money. BTW, same gun laws apply here in Idaho.

PS: IPSC Junior program is for competetors under 18.

Edited by M1911A2 guy
I love the slide, grip, recoil spring and spare mag... :D

:wub:

wanna buy a broken one for £36.50? :P

great gun though, i should point out that the afore mentioned items belonged to HaVoC which I bought off him, so

a spare mag = £20

Slide = £40

Hogue Grips = £10

Recoil Spring = £10

Total = £80!

(bought for £30)