Pictures of your weapon

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yet another of my AK mods. This is basically what was left over from the big AK mod, so it is just an AK47S receiver and the rest from AK47Beta put together with STAR AK74 magazine and Maruzen light. Also the standard Beta flashider is replaced with one from the standard Marui AK47 to make the gun even shorter.

ak74cqb.jpg

New toys arrived yesterday, including in particular a very nice M65 and M9 Elite 1A from totally opposite ends of the perceived spectrum of quality;

Tanaka M65 FBI Silver 3", which is far too long a name for a 3" wheelgun but it does thoroughly deserve it :D Beautifully made, painfully weak-sounding K frame Tanaka revolver. It's not too weak to shoot when it gets going, perfect for plinking at mates : :sling:

M65FBI.jpg

Maruzen P99, great grip but fairly clunky action, a few really neat features though and it did fire at ludicrous power a few times on 134a, which is nice. Horrible slide though; I needed one for the sake of completion, mostly.

P992.jpg

KJW M9 Elite 1A Full Metal, beautiful, lovely finish and quality of casting and it takes my laser *perfectly*. I'm extremely impressed by the feel and sound of the metal, nothing like their M9 Silver FMV but very neatly cast and finished. Also loving the Vertec grip for novelty value.

Elite1A.jpg

Western Arms M8045 Cougar, I've wanted one for so long now finally it's mine and it's awesome, as you would expect. Every possible action on the safety and firing mechanism is perfect, and smooth and crisp;

you put the safety on, it disengages the trigger, you cock the slide with the safety on, the hammer moves and simply doesn't engage, you have the hammer cocked and put on the safety it decocks the gun for you, you even pull the slide back and cock it, then flick the safety on and it disengages the hammer inside the slide without fouling anything and releases the slide and the hammer moves back just as it should. Then you can pull and hold the trigger and put the safety on, pull back the slide, release the safety, release the trigger then allow the slide to move forward and the hammer is cocked without any problem at all.

Everything. Works. It's so cool!

Might seem a bit obsessive there but you name me one gun where you can do anything you like to the safety trigger and hammer mechanism in any order you like, as long as it's not forceful, and you not only can't break anything, but it it all works smoothly and leaves you where you should be, every other gun I've ever tried that it ends up fouling or sounding like it wants to. I think it's awesome.

M8045.jpg

Edited by evilhippy

Oooh, good work there Bladerunner! The LSW is by KSC? Never knew they did that, were they around in the classic era or is it an incredibly large springer?? :D I always thought they were a newer company than the classic manufacturers, but they were still knocking them out in the early 90's I think weren't they....

Great collection, top marks for the L1A1 of course ;)

Yet another of my AK mods. This is basically what was left over from the big AK mod, so it is just an AK47S receiver and the rest from AK47Beta put together with STAR AK74 magazine and Maruzen light. Also the standard Beta flashider is replaced with one from the standard Marui AK47 to make the gun even shorter.

http://cs.whiskey.sk/launcher/ak74cqb.jpg

Heh, they are damn good fun to play with like that. I chopped mine up about 6months ago now, makes a great CQB weapon