Pictures of your weapon

evil, the nitro vo rail comes with a new front sight block (with no sight) so you take the original off and bolt theirs on. It's a pretty sweet kit.

On to my latest. I have taken the plastic barrel off of my new tanaka, and constructed an aluminum one. Front sight has been omitted to comply with the fast draw style ;)

20051026colt450017qu.jpg

20051026colt450043dq.jpg

and after the sanding / paint job:

20051027colt450058sr.jpg

20051027colt450044zj.jpg

This gun makes me want to rustle some cattle :)

Another pic of the sas for comparison ;) Nitro vo kit, metal body...

20050719g3nitrovo0064ef.jpg

20050719g3nitrovo0071ns.jpg

It is unfortunate that they don't include a front bushing for the barrel, but expect you to use the threaded outer from the sas. To get the nice flat front, you have to leave somewhat of a gaping hole (or make up a bushing)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Led, do you get medals for your work? If not, why not?

That's a great fast draw special, am I remembering correctly that it's a cheaper Tanaka that you can get over there; the regular Tanaka fast draw had a gold/brass cylinder didn't it?

Ace job on the barrel and especially the layer of paint, looks perfect. And just like you Vicks, I'm tempted to try and get a G3 SAS and a solid stock onto the `buy list` (I'm constantly cheating myself and adding stuff to it, as I get the guns and tick them off there's always one more to add :D )

I just can't trust myself, far less so when you guys keep showing off these great projects! You devils, you ;)

Led, do you get medals for your work? If not, why not?

Just the fame and adoration of my fans ;)

The tanaka is the cheap "jungletoy" version, procured off of ebay. Less than $100 (well, over after shipping... $106). But, real wood grips :) (no fake pearl ones in this kit, like the "official" jt gun, though)

After looking at all the different tanaka saa's at the various retailers, I decided to give the low cost version a try. No trades, an interesting combo of chrome and black, but it appears to be the same basic gun (based on reviews of both types).

The single action is very satisfying to operate :) and hopefully this coming week I'll have a western quick draw holster so I can practice up on my twirling.

The sas is also a good gun IMO, as long as you don't get hung up on the unrealistic cocking tube length.

*fawns over Ledpocket*

;) Yup, the adoring fans flock to your very door, I can just see it now; even you at the front door fighting them off with sticks and everything :D

I wouldn't have rated a Tanaka knock-off myself but you seem to have a great gun, it certainly looks the part and I just hope it was made in a similar vein to the original and that you have a good gun for a long time to come :)

The SAS cocking tube issue simply isn't, as far as I'm concerned. It might be a problem if they ever did anything in airsoft anyway :lol: (KSC HK33 excepted)

On to my latest. I have taken the plastic barrel off of my new tanaka, and constructed an aluminum one. Front sight has been omitted to comply with the fast draw style ;)

20051026colt450017qu.jpg

20051026colt450043dq.jpg

and after the sanding / paint job:

20051027colt450058sr.jpg

20051027colt450044zj.jpg

This gun makes me want to rustle some cattle :)

Wow, that's a sweet looking Hogleg ya got there, pardner! ;)