Pictures of your weapon

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wood explained it well already, yeah it allows me the ability to have an ACOG like magnification and instantly swap back to a 1x for indoors. Basically getting best of both worlds. It actually works better with the Eotech than the aimpoint, oddly enough. With the Samson mount you don't have to physically remove the scope. It's quite cool.

Damn you, I must resist getting one of these. I've wanted one for scouting/woodland games ever since I saw one, but didn't know about the Samson mount. With the other mounts, I figured I'd eventually lose the Aimpoint magnifier. I've actually contacted some people about manfucturing a mount for me that would do the same as the Samson, but now that I see one already exists...argh, have to resist!

Lonewolf is correct.

If it is a G&P version they now supply that version mount instead of their Aimpoint replica L-mount which they used to supply. The AP L-mount does give the correct height for co-witnessing. I was a little peeved when I had to buy a second mount for mine.

Thankyou. You are right. I cannot aim the Aimpoint while it is mounted on the flattop as it is to low for me to feel comfortable ( am right handed but left-eye dominant) at the moment I am thinking about buying a King Arms throw lever ring and a detachable rear sight, as I don't fancy butchering my carry handle.

Err, extremely good point dude! It's not only a 1928/Chicago Tommy but a `baby chicago` at that, that's freakin' sweet man :D :D is the clip from the... who wassit.....Hudson one? Did Marushin do one in the dim and distant past or was that a PFC gun?

I know they did exist in some form, something other than a classic as well, I thought ... :unsure:

Ah yes, the tommy drum is 100% (almost) homemade. A regular long hicap stuffed inside an 8.25" diameter aluminum tube, with pvc/lexan/some clear plastic front and back covers. On one side is a large 8.4v battery and the other side is an extended bb chamber. The hicap windy wheel is accessable for manual winding (didn't feel like fabbing up an auto winder this time)

Also, the entire front end was hand made. New multi piece outer barrel, wooden front grip, and grip mount. Also ran some wiring from the rear, through the receiver to the drum.

Some construction pics:

20051211tommy0168cn.jpg

20051211tommy0108nw.jpg

20051211drum0082qb.jpg

20051206tommy0027xh.jpg

20051211tommy0144si.jpg

20051211tommy0090as.jpg

Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with myself. :)