How long should you wait for a refund?

BaggyPants

Bought an item from a retailer last week and within a couple of hours it was faulty through shoddy materials and workmanship. Got in touch with them, and they gave me an address to send it back to for a refund. To be honest, I don't want a replacement, because my confidence in the brand is zilch. They collected the returned item yesterday from the Post Office, after delivery was attempted on saturday (tracked by Royal Mail), but have not been in touch with me or answered my message to them asking when the refund would be made. Now I don't know about other people, but I expect others to treat me with the same courtesy I give them. I expect action to be taken quickly, or communications to explain delays. As it stands, I am out of pocket to the tune of about £53, including postage both ways.

So, the questions are: How long do you wait for a refund before you go direct to PayPal and make a claim? Am I being unreasonable to expect my refund to be sorted out by now, within 24 hours of the item being back in their hands? How long do you go before you name and shame the retailer?

Cheers,

Bryn

Archived