40 mm grenade links.

Tom Andrews

What are you going to use it for? This?

earnestwill11.jpg

Please make an airsoft mark 19 :D

Ideas: Make an AEG version with the motor/ gearbox of a power drill

Since disinigrating links are hard to find, two strips of fabric stitched together will do.

http://i2.iofferphoto.com/img/item/322/363...loth_Belt_3.jpg

Make shells out of PVC pipes, and make projectiles out of foam

Tsk! What gave me away? Was it asking about the links? :D

Yes, a Mk 19 or a H&K GMG, whichever I can get best pictures of. Its still in the 'I wonder if.....' stage, but I think it will have an electrically rotating drum with cutouts to hold the moscarts and the barrel and firing pin will be linked and move towards each other 'squeezing' the moscart.

Will only fire bb's, but I've been sponsored by an airsoft supplier with some moscarts, and it would be rude not to use them for something like this.

As I said, its still in the amoeba stage at present and won't see light until I have finished a couple of other items, one being the 25 pounder and got some links. Annoyingly I had some a few years back, but threw them away.

A nerf gun for more inspiration. Get nerf gun, reverse engineer, build a Mark 19, profit?

http://gizmodo.com/357952/nerf-vulcan-ebf+...eapon-of-choice

As for the links, unless you can get a machine shop to cut and bend it for cheap, I still recommend the sewn ammo belts. May not be the most realistic thing, but it works and its only about .5--75 inches wide. I will sew them for you on my mother's sewing machine in return for an airsoft Mk 19 :D

For the loading/ blowback mech, I suggest a cheap but high torque power drill, hacked up to move a bolt which loads and fires the moscarts. A hacked up drill battery can fit in the ammo box *inside the power drill batteries are the same cells as airsoft backs, so you can hack and resolder at will*

Also, how many did they give you and who sponsored you?

If I can get the real steel links it will work/look better. I've been kindly offered some, but the chap is in the States, so I'm holding off asking for the time being. I've got a 40mm grenade ammo box coming from Holland, along with 100 artillery ammo cases for the game site.

The intention (ie theory, rough idea, may not happen) is to have a geared down stepper motor to rotate the feed drum, which will have four scoops to feed the grenades across the receiver. The stepper motor will be IC controlled so it always stops at top dead cenre, in line with the barrel.

The barrel and firing pin will be spring loaded using a scissor mechanism, with a leg attached to both. As a cam rotates (controlled by the same circuit) it will move the barrel forwards and the firing pin backwards. As the grenade moves into the loading position the cam will rotate sufficiently to release the barrel and firing pin simultaneously. The grenade will be 'trapped' and fired by the firing pin. The cam will continue to rotate, opening up the scissor legs, releasing the grenade and allowing the next grenade to be loaded. (Thats the theory, but it may not end up like that.)

I received 35, 32 for the launcher and three spare. Best part of £800 - £1000! Very generous. Don't want to reveal who they are until it works. If it doesn't, they will have to go back. (No pressure there, then! :D )

• 4 weeks later...

Archived