We're back, (I hope)

I have personally been in now and initiated the fixes that I believe were needed tonight. So far so good, but the only proof we'll have that it all works is that things remain nice and stable and fast from this point onwards.

Do note: We might have a brief period of slowness in the early AM (GMT) when the site backs itself up.

I've also recovered 30 odd user accounts that went walkies. There will be some ghost topics with no posts in them, these are a symptom of the previous issue where the database that stores the posts was up the creek. Please ignore such topic/posts created in the past 7 days like that.

I was blowing a gasket here mate. There was a bunch of techs at the datacenter apparently "doing" things, meanwhile I was unable to help as I was on trains all week with only a PDA to keep me company.

As they say, if you want something done right.... ;)

We appreciate the work Arnie :)

Nice to be back, thanks Arnie it's much appreciated! You truely never realize how much you come to one place for info on airsoft untill it's down and then you are kinda like "Well frak me, what am I going to do now?"

At least it's not like the WoW servers... Truely, anything is better then those. The servers built in the later part of the 80's would probably be better then those :) I can deal with Arnies being down for a week because I'm too busy complaining to Blizzard to fix the WoW servers :)

I keep getting the IPS error when i do a forum search, and if the search does work the results have nothing to do with what you searched for for example i searched for 'P99 mag catch' and got 26 pages of results all about snipers and teams?

Good to have it back bar this though.

curlyboy

If you get errors, take a screen shot and time and date it, then I can look into it. Minimum I need is the page that caused it, circumstances and a timestamp. ;)

There will still be the odd weird thing going on and I will do my best to fix them as they appear.

I haven't had any problems with Firefox 3...

But that's what I use when I browse Arnies, and I have the same error no matter what browser.

The message only seems to display itself between ~4:45 and 6:00 AM (GMT), so I guess it has something to do with that backup process. I can get access to the main forum page, but nothing else. Apparently no one posts during this time either, so I don't think I'm alone.

I did bother to take a screen cap, which I'll edit in in a moment.

Actually happened again for another hour. Here's the entire error message, plus the time edited in.

untitled.bmp

Edited by Chris North

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.