French Loadout

soldierbane

I would tend to agree...

Some of my original lizards..

Picture865.jpg

Picture864.jpg

And as far as the French fighting man goes- Vive le Verdun.... a fine example of how fighting men refuse to be defeated by poor leaders against a strong enemy...

Beware those ones from SOF- that model is a midget, and their Thai made Tigers that he models are made for Asians, so I wouldn't be suprised if the Froggy kit is too..

The originals are out there...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Benson, They are from French Foreign Legion. ;)

Really funny to see them there, in the heart of Paris. When it has been taken? Special event in Paris ? Because, I've never seen Legioners walking in the streets at Paris except for the July 14th (French military event).

By the way, if they supesciously looked at you, it's normal :D

Green berets are worn by the Foreign Legion or Naval Infantry.

Marine Commando ;)

I believe Naval Infantry carry Dark Blue berets.

kjuvu0.jpg

Just a view of a Legioner Beret, on the left, and a Commando Marine on the right ;)

It seems the Commando Marines' berets are a bit larger than others.

Spacemonkey, it's called Léopard. Not lizard.

Great acquisition though.

Greetings,

Trzewinski.

Benson, They are from French Foreign Legion. ;)

Really funny to see them there, in the heart of Paris. When it has been taken? Special event in Paris ? Because, I've never seen Legioners walking in the streets at Paris except for the July 14th (French military event).

By the way, if they supesciously looked at you, it's normal :D

I remember that was the first week of July because it was free admission to the Louvre. :D

And I also remember seeing them at some other frequently traveled places: Eiffel Tower, Sacre Coeur (spelling?), and Gare du Nord. Hehe at Gare du Nord I bumped into one not looking where I was going, gave me a good scare! :o

Oh really ? If so, my mistake ;)

Strange anyway.

Sorry, I forgot to add that those ones were not mine.

Greetings,

Trzewinski.

Yes, don't know why but we always call them French Lizard pattern. Anyhow, what's in a name? They look fab and they ROCK!!

• 2 years later...

I can see that it's been a while since this thread was updated, but having recently acquired a few bits and bobs of French kit, I am contemplating getting a French load out together. I've got the F2 uniform, but quite fancy the current set up as used in Afghanistan. I have seen the modern British style smock and trousers for sale, but am unsure where to get an assault vest and frag. Any suggestions? Are Rangers used in Afghanistan, or ha a replacement been introduced?

Is anyone else out there running a modern French loadout? If so, please post a few photos for inspiration.

Cheers

P_D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They use the Minimi as their LMG.

minimi.jpg

Militaire du 3e RIMa armé d'une Minimi lors d'une patrouille la foire aux bestiaux Tagab.

I've seen both the Scrome J4 and an Aimpoint mounted on the FAMAS. Here is an interesting pic of the Aimpoint in use.

800px-French_Marines_Afghanistan.JPG

French soldiers from the 27ème bataillon de chasseurs alpins and French Task Force Tiger patrol the many valleys of Kapisa province, Afghanistan, April 21, 2009

Here is a link to a page on the French Army website which shows the weapons they use: http://www.defense.gouv.fr/terre/equipements/armement-individuel-et-collectif

Archived