BAGeL Build (Bolt Action Grenade Launcher)

dobey

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started the magazine, this thing is ridiculously massive, I love it.

It started life as a few pieces of 22 gauge steel sheet:

magazine-001.jpg

I marked it all up with a scribe and took it to the band saw for a trimming:

magazine-002.jpg

A few bends on the press:

magazine-003.jpg

And a few spot welds to test the fit. I will make the plate the shells ride on next, the bottom mag plate and get the spring in there and start tweaking it to feed nicely.

magazine-004.jpg

Here are the major parts in rough form, I will be adding slots and holes and cleaning edges but it gives you the idea of how the magazine works.

magazine-005.jpg

magazine-006.jpg

magazine-007.jpg

This thing just makes me giggle, I cant wait to field it.

magazine-008.jpg

And a size shot:

magazine-009.jpg

yep, I have some mp5 and m4 mags in the shop as well, I will grab a few side by side shots in the morning.

Very nice.

And if you don't mind asking, what welder do you use?

Do you use gas or flux (MIG I'm assuming)? I'm starting my luck with welding (it's why I'm asking).

:thumbs-up:

I use a mini Mig, it can go either way (gas or gas less) right now I have a self fluxing gas less wire for mild steel in it. I recommend the mini portable ones getting started, my only complaint about the one I use is its on when you switch it on, not when you hit the wire feed trigger. I know allot of guys like to place the wire before hitting the trigger, and everyone that uses it bitches at me because they get flashed :P But it is always getting borrowed because it runs on 120 and is very portable.

I test fired one of the Madbull High power CO2 grenades donated by Evike.com in the barrel to see what would happen. This is from a few feet and is untouched from time of shooting till the picture was taken (it is a door in the shop).

test-fire.jpg

I have a bunch of updates that I will add tomorrow (lots of pictures).

As awesome as it is, it's not something i'd like to play with (carrying it, I mean).

Having said that, the magazine looks like it's a gun on it's own :D just wave it at your oponents while saying "I'm gonna blow your heads off!!!..."...

All in all, looks very good

I'm very intrigued by this design. I find that it might not be the most effective thing but it definitely would be a hard hitter. Id like to see a similar concept of using grenade shells like this applied to a pump shotgun style body. Keep up the good work!

That would take CQB to a whole new deadly level. I honestly would love to have a shotfun style grenade launcher with 2 in the tubular magazine, and 1 chambered. It would be a perfect breaching weapon for urban envirements.

That would take CQB to a whole new deadly level. I honestly would love to have a shotfun style grenade launcher with 2 in the tubular magazine, and 1 chambered. It would be a perfect breaching weapon for urban envirements.

Can't you just use a CAW 6 round revolving launcher for that?

Also, this project is ballz. I love it.

Archived