Search function not working.

The serach function is not working for me, everytime i type something in and then hit "go" it says that flood control is enabled and that i have to wait 5 seconds.

If it then leave it 20,30 seconds or even a minute and hit the "go" button again the same message comes up. Any help on how to resolve this would be apprecitaed, thanks!

What are you searching for? Might help us solve your problem. Specifically, does it have more than 3 letters/digits? I just tried it with "Banana" for example, and it worked fine. Unfortunately, 3 letter/digit (or less) searches won't work. Frustrating I know, but that's the way it works.

Pablo, sometimes it goes to a board message screen with a redish background and a message saying along the lines of 'the administrator has turn on the flood control feature, please try your search again in a minute', it won't do it for 3 letter searches instead you would get the usual message for that. It also sometimes does it for posting/PMs/ect..

Far as I would geuss it means too many people are trying to access or use the board at once and if you keep clicking search again over and over it likely isn't helping that

I normally wait or try again when less people are online but I've also cleared my cookies and gotten things to work only I don't know if it had something to do with the cookies or if I was just away long enough.

It is annoying though, like myself ^_^

-Dale

• 4 weeks later...

different problem for me. no matter what keyword i type it doesnt come up with any results (never has) and just now i searched 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R' with a wildcard after it and it listed all the threads in off topic. did advanced and told it to only search titles (i KNOW there was a stalker thread) and starting at the earliest date, guess what? it listed posts from 2004 :mellow:

which would be the earliest(acending, old-new) date...

you want latest(decending, new-old) for that one.

I think periods break up the thing though and make it only see a single letter, like only the "S" in 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R'.

typing in just stalker for the title search got these 2 that may be what you want

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=104168

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=109875

• 4 weeks later...
What are you searching for? Might help us solve your problem. Specifically, does it have more than 3 letters/digits? I just tried it with "Banana" for example, and it worked fine. Unfortunately, 3 letter/digit (or less) searches won't work. Frustrating I know, but that's the way it works.

Sorry for the thread revival, but, you can actually search for 3 letter words/initials by simply attaching the 'wildcard' - *.

For example:

PAB*

ANT*

SAS*

Or whatever. :)

Edited by Misfit