blackhawks new tourniquet combat uniforms

millest

looks like more new toys for the geardos amongst us! the register of all places is reporting on a new shiny and life saving design idea from our friends at blackhawk:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10/29/na...iquet_trousers/

how long before we see these on the skirmish field? not long me thinks. bit of overkill for airsoft i admit but a bloody good idea for the guys on the ground

cheers

millest

Quite old news i have ordered it and found that they were too large, returns policy is messed, the guy who deals to international buyers is not very good either and does not answer any detailed questions.

was not a happy experience for me, but the combats were great ile keep you updated when i recieve my new sizes (its been a few weeks now)

My inner /k/ommando burst out when I heard the word "OPERATOR."

Good idea, though. Makes me wonder why this hasn't been thought about before... but then again, this is the age of modular pouches where you never know where the hell the tourniquet might be stored on your patient's gear. I guess it was only a matter of time and complaints from medics to arise.

I'm with the crowd of "great in the real world, but..."

Tourniquets can actually be dangerous and generally not recommended first aid. In a warzone where people are going to be concentrating (rightly so) on shooting/fighting/whatever then yes, its a great idea. But when playing a game, I would hope a torn artery would stop the game and proper medical attention be given.

I dont really care for the review done by the first link. Persons attitude is bad considering this could in fact save lives.

Dunno what you are talking about, did you even read the third paragraph? Didn't really see a negative attitude Besides, its an IT website, not a gear website.

In fact, it wasn't even a review :|

Archived