SMG Picture Thread

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I resurrect this thread to post a WE Apache, to which I fit a surplus German SEF trigger housing and original slimline handguard with no modification to the airsoft parts and a lot of swearing and Dre

It was missing something. That deficiency has been rectified.

Gave mine a little run down, wasn't going for a used and abused look, just a LOT of used.  

Posted Images

• 8 months later...

Thanks. Yeah first couple of mags through and really impressed. Snappy triggerresponse with a 11,1V 1100mah 20C LiPo. Shot 390 FPS out of the box. Got a cut Prometheus M135 Spring and now it runs at 1,02J.

Only downside is the properiatry gearbox but i think there will be parts available soon. But its a complete new system.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I resurrect this thread to post a WE Apache, to which I fit a surplus German SEF trigger housing and original slimline handguard with no modification to the airsoft parts and a lot of swearing and Dremeling to that trigger housing. I even had to redesign how the selector switch locks into the trigger pack, because the normal catch on the selector pin was hitting the stop catch in the trigger pack before it could reach the FA position.

Anyways, now it works, and since the airsoft guts were unaffected it's 100% reversible if I want the Navy pack back. I also scored an original Surefire grip at a local gun show so I'm on my way to a Stargate build or something.

Cij7E09.jpg

• Like 13

I was inspired by an item in the Imperial War Museum catalog to try bodging a FAL foregrip onto the slimline handguard.

I have no idea what the historical origin of the IWM piece is- the entry provides no information and their FAQ basically says 'if the page doesn't answer your question, we don't know', so I can only speculate. On the IWM one, the foregrip was epoxied on, while I've taken the approach of securing mine with a screw and nut.

So aside from the hole in the bottom of the handguard it's reversible, and I can ignorantly assume I've replicated some field-expedient SAS mod and not just a bubba job from some random dude 😛

8z1iNfo.jpg

• Like 3
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...