PGC Colt Lower for Systema PTW at WGC!

The Thief Lord

For all of you PTW'ers out there, the long anticipated PGC lower with Colt trades has finally hit shelves at WGC!

Made from CNC machined aluminum, this piece will only cost you a pretty penny, actually cheaper than the Prime one.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...B-M4LPTW_srch_1

^Linky link link

@Titleist:

You'd have to order through Airsoft Advantage... hopefully you can talk to WGC before its shipped, or cancel your order.

WGC will dremel the *suitcase* out out your trades. Don't buy through them unless from ASA, in which case I'd speak to Render, as I said in the PM I dropped you.

Either ASA, talking to WGC, or waiting for Den or Redwolf to stock them would be the only way to get it in with trades intact.

Airsoft Advantage apparently has a deal with WGC to *cover* trades as they come in with griptape, and I've spoken with Jason (the owner) about it and he's said that his track record is phenomenal, and hasn't had one customs seizure.

Good news, I contacted WGC directly, and they will cover the trademarks with tape.

Phew, that calms my nerves! I'll get it sometime next week, and post up photos. But yeah I was worried they'd destroy my trades, glad they were okay with using tape.

Crisis averted then. It should be shipping in the next few days, I'll post pics when it arrives and when I get it installed. This should render my few issues with the Prime body moot (which I'm selling by the way), which are weak/shallow trademarks, and coloring of the body. This looks much more obvious on the trades (they don't look deeper, just wider and more defined), and the coloring which looks darker and actually black. Which should match my real uppers better. Now if only PGC would rebuild the PTW hopup I could finally shut up about the PTW's issues.

Paint thinner removes sharpie ink ;)

But yeah, I should have mine by friday, I'll post up pics comparing it to my real colt upper, and prime lower. But based on photos this looks to have wider tradermarks, better defined at least, and good coloring.

The Prime's trademarks are so thin that even photographing them if the gun is at an angle is a task.

Glad to hear it Titleist. Hey Render, do you know what WGC does about G&P RIS's? Looking to buy one off them but it seems that the Knight's in KAC is sharpied.

Titleist is right about the sharpie, but I think the "sharpie" on the G&P RIS units is permanent. I ordered a G&P M4 from Boomarms a few months back, thinking the trademarks would be fine because BA doesn't remove trades. The trademarks everywhere were fine, except for the 'Knights Armament Co' on the RIS. This makes me think that G&P is covering them before they leave the factory. I assure you that it was not removable and that BA does not screw with trades. So beware on that one, I suppose.

Paint thinner removes sharpie ink ;)

But yeah, I should have mine by friday, I'll post up pics comparing it to my real colt upper, and prime lower. But based on photos this looks to have wider tradermarks, better defined at least, and good coloring.

The Prime's trademarks are so thin that even photographing them if the gun is at an angle is a task.

I use nail polish remover on the Sharpie'd G&P trades, it won't mess up the black finish. This lower sure is expensive. I got a legally licensed Colt upper and lower receiver made by King Arms for like $117 plus shipping.

This lower sure is expensive. I got a legally licensed Colt upper and lower receiver made by King Arms for like $117 plus shipping.

Low $100's is a reasonable price range for a standard AEG MBK, but this is a PTW aftermarket product. Price is understandably higher given the market. It's made by PGC, on top of that.

It's cheaper than the Prime, I'll give you that. It's funny, I've owned 2x P226s and the first one was made by Prime, second by PGC. The PGC 226 is FAR superior in dimensions and finish.

Sound familiar?

Mine is outbound from HK as of today, so maybe monday or tuesday. I'll photograph it prior to installation and post installation. Fingers crossed it goes well. Though in the past the Prime's tolerances are TOO severe, whereas the PGC's are just right. My prime M4A1 body went together slicker than snot, so hopefully the PGC is as good or better.

This lower sure is expensive. I got a legally licensed Colt upper and lower receiver made by King Arms for like $117 plus shipping.

Your upper and lower are die-cast pot metal, while the PGC lower is CNC-machined from billet.

Huge difference in manufacturing cost as well as quality and durability.

I'd really like to know. Seriously considering a PGC TM MEU kit...I had a PGC M1911A1 long ago that I loved to death. If they're still producing *suitcase* of that outstanding quality, it will be hard to resist.

I've installed a couple of the PGC MEU kits... Brilliant stuff, as expected. I may have to get myself one.

-Sale

Well it arrived, and the result? It's fantastic. It's actually black, like almost a dead on match for my bushmaster and colt uppers (the real uppers are a little more matte compared to the PGC but I think that'll change with use).

Just a heads up, you do NOT get an extra set of fake sear pin caps like the prime. So you'll need to source some systema ones or make your own. I happen to have a spare set, so I'm good to go on this.

Okay so pics tonight. But again coloring is true black, the black being equal in shade to the P226 kits.

Also, trades...they're awesome. It's bizarre, but they're about as deep as the Prime's but are MUCH better defined. The Colt logo isn't hair thin anymore.

Anyways, pics tonight, and pics tomorrow after the installation.

Archived