WE 3.8 and dragon 7" questions

Mr.Hyde

Ok so I am interested in buying both of these guns in the near future but I am unsure of their performance:

http://www.precisionairsoft.net/WE-Caspian...er-p/wep101.htm

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...u75dct5q993ck32

I am speaking as a current owner of an upgraded TM hicapa 5.1 (PDI tightbore and metal slide.) would I be disappointed by the performance of either guns?

The 3.8 is more of a tiny back up to have under my coat in a smaller game, so range wouldnt really be an issue. The 7" dragon is basically me looking for something to put a 7" PDI 6.01 tightbore in and to share mags with my current hicapa.

Are there any other guns you would recommend for this purpose? My budget is not limitless, but I could sell a few things if I wanted to.

Just looking for input.

I can only talk to the dragons and the TM. The dragons are heavy, kick hard and all metal. I love them. Mine only have 150% springs in them for upgrades. I can get a full mag ripping on the trigger all the time. Mine shoot around 360 with .25 and propane. I have had no problems with them and have run hundreds of mags through each. These are my primary guns. I will say that I dislike my TM after shooting these. The TM is accurate, but it feels like a light plastic junky gun after playing with a full metal one.

I have never had the 3.8 so I will not make a judgment call.

Thank you that is very helpful. Every site I look at says it only shoots 330 FPS on .20...............

I'm assuming they are not chronoing it and just putting up FPS, because how powerful can a pistol be lol.

I hear you on the plastic slide, that's why I junked it right off the bat. What FPS do you think a 7" PDI 6.01 tightbore will bring one of these up to. I was thinking about a firefly hopup bucking as well.

But then again I was eyeing the KWA 1911 DS................

The KWA 1911 DS or a Marui Hi-capa will probably out perform the WE 7" dragon. I don't know Cowboy, maybe you got 2 peaches and treat your guns very well. Because of all the WE's I have seen they have all performed sub-par to the TM counter parts and have broken ALOT. I have had 5 of my team members purchase the WE 7" dragon's due to their "Awesomeness" and "cool looks and metal", of the 5 purchased about 4 months ago I think 1 of them is still functioning albeit the 1 has a busted magazine as of now. 2 of them broke to user error: they both dropped them, one shattered the metal slide and the other one busted the trigger. The other two just broke; I think the piston's were broken or something because they got about 15-20 feet on every shot despite the hopup bucking being in perfect condition and vented a whole magazine of gas in 3 or 4 shots.

The WE's do have metal; which is nice if you are on a budget and can't afford a Shooters design, Davidson customs, Airsoft surgeon, etc. slide for your Hi-capa later on. The WE's are also Marui aftermarket compatible so if you have any problems and are willing to pay shipping from Honk Kong for some hard to find parts then you should be alright. Although the Marui is just going to be more reliable and more accurate, it is built to better tolerences and the aftermarket support is unlimited. The KWA is supposedly a GREAT shooting gun and an absolute power behemoth, I have heard rumors of them getting close to 350-380 with a .2g BB and propane when they are stock. I did manage to pick up and get to toy around with the KWA 1911 DS at my local shop, the slide is extremely light and the action is very good which leads to a great kicking gun, but it doesn't gas guzzle nearly as much as a WE from what the shop owners said. Not to mention that if you live in the United States then KWA USA is a great place to find parts and get customer service from if your 1911 DS ever breaks.

Archived