USMC IAR

masakarijoe

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking this topic is pretty much dead. Let's try to revive it, eh? :D

Alright, so, what I had planned for my M468 might not work out. If this is the case, it leaves me with an extra MBK (Guarder's Tan Marine MBK), an extra rail system (ACM DD RASII) and a couple extra stocks (CTR and a couple M93Bs).

So, what to do will all these parts?

Build a LRWC Inspired IAR, of course!

IARMSPaint.jpg

Alright, from left to right (for the most part), here's my plan.

ACM/Madbull Gemtech Halo in FDE

Classic Army Flash Hider

ACM Fluted Barrel Extension

G&P Heavy Fluted Barrel

ACM DD RASII in FDE

Modified JG HK416 Gas Block (Front Sight Removed)

SRC HK416 Gas Piston

ACM VLTOR BiPod in FDE

ACM Troy BUIS

Vanaras PEQ-15 in FDE

Guarder New Generation Marines MBK in Tan

ACM ACOG w/Doctor in FDE

D-Boys C-Mag

ACM Magpul Trigger Guard

STAR Ergo Grip (Black) or ACM MIAD in FDE

ACM CTR (Black) or G&P M93B in FDE or Magpul PTS M93B (Black)

I already have most of this, so it shouldn't take long.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

-Vic

Yea Joe unfortunately it s down to those 3 companies/4 rifles and the HK one is just a Hk416 with a heavy barrel, and bipod from what ive heard. i really wanted the LWRC, or the general dynamics ones to win :(. and ive heard LWRC is disputing the decisions or something like that so we may see it after all :D . After i finally get a AEG i plan on making atleast one of these, and maybe a couple of the guns for the army future carbine trials............ but thats for another thread.

It might be the H&K to soothe H&K's hurt feelings after the XM8 and SCAR left them out in the cold.

But it might also be the FN if the SCAR project is really a devious effort to replace the M16/M4.

I don't give the Colt very good odds, but you never know... certain Congressmen from Connecticut might decide to intervene once more to put American servicemen at risk.

It might be the H&K to soothe H&K's hurt feelings after the XM8 and SCAR left them out in the cold.
This time I think it is because the HK416 is really a lot better and not too futuristic for the average American.

But it might also be the FN if the SCAR project is really a devious effort to replace the M16/M4.
Who knows? The HK416 has an advantage over the SCAR due to the simple upgrade option instead of a complete weapon

I don't give the Colt very good odds, but you never know... certain Congressmen from Connecticut might decide to intervene once more to put American servicemen at risk.
Yep, patriotism is everywhere so it would not suprise me if average Joe in the field has to die because a politician wants to win a few votes. I also wonder if Colt is not going to steal/copy the HK416 concept, tweak it a little bit and then introduce it as a new and revolutionary system into the market. Then go for the glorious "Made In the USA" promo and sell it to the Army.
This time I think it is because the HK416 is really a lot better and not too futuristic for the average American.

And yet I still have a hard time feeling sorry everytime H&K gets their hand slapped away from the cookie jar.

Who knows? The HK416 has an advantage over the SCAR due to the simple upgrade option instead of a complete weapon

Which is actually a disadvantage, as well.

Simple up-grades are never simple. And most of the time, it's easier to adopt a new weapon system entirely than to simply upgrade one already in service.

Yep, patriotism is everywhere so it would not suprise me if average Joe in the field has to die because a politician wants to win a few votes. I also wonder if Colt is not going to steal/copy the HK416 concept, tweak it a little bit and then introduce it as a new and revolutionary system into the market. Then go for the glorious "Made In the USA" promo and sell it to the Army.

Colt is already working on their own piston-op AR. They call it the M5.

And it isn't really stealing, since Colt came up with the idea in the 1970s. H&K just dusted it off and gave it a spray-on coat of sex appeal.

Colt is already working on their own piston-op AR. They call it the M5.

And it isn't really stealing, since Colt came up with the idea in the 1970s. H&K just dusted it off and gave it a spray-on coat of sex appeal.

Any ideas/info why Colt did not put this 1970's idea into the market?

actually the army is holding a competition next spring/summer for a new carbine, and yes the FN has entered the scar, but their are a lot more people entering too.

Meppie: they did but the army didn't want it, and i dont think it was ever offered to the public.

i hope that LWRC's dispute on the test are real, when i join the USMC in a few years, i want the best weapon i can get. but i also think that it should be American design and make by an American company. plus i think LWRC's IAR was one of the best(i think i like it a little more the the GD Ultimax).

i want the best weapon i can get. but i also think that it shoudd be american design and make by an american company.

Well, this is an open goal so I am going to kick it.

What if the best gun you can buy is not American or will be produced within the US. Will you then just surrender to the enemy because your weapon stopped functioning but you are proud to have fought with an American weapon or to you prefer to kick the <censored> out of the enemy even if you are holding a non-American weapon in your hands?

Short version: why should it be an American weapon? Why is a good weapon from any other country not good enough? The Europeans can produce great and more reliable weapons as well.

Well, this is an open goal so I am going to kick it.

What if the best gun you can buy is not American or will be produced within the US. Will you then just surrender to the enemy because your weapon stopped functioning but you are proud to have fought with an American weapon or to you prefer to kick the <censored> out of the enemy even if you are holding a non-American weapon in your hands?

Short version: why should it be an American weapon? Why is a good weapon from any other country not good enough? The Europeans can produce great and more reliable weapons as well.

lol maybe i should have worded it better. don't get me wrong Europeans sure can make some awesome weapons. and i would use anything given to me. and yes i know M249, Mp5s, and other weapons are made here but its not an american company. and if the best gun i can get is from a belgium or german company then its good to go, but i would prefer a weapon made by an american company thats all it is. i mean lets say you have 2 weapons, exact same specs, cost, and everything would you choose a weapon made by a US company, or a weapon made by a company from the netherlands? Get what im saying? im sorry if im sounding liek mushmouth, having a very off day lol.

and enough of this its going way off topic lol

I do not get the whole IAR thingie. During WW2 they already figured out that the MG42 was pinning down the allies playing with BAR and BREN due to magazine fed versus belt-fed. A 30-round magazine will put down the heads down for a mere second or so. The only option then to extend the heads-down time is to use some drum-mags. If you want to introduce a support-weapon into your squad, it should least be able to keep them heads down for more then just 30-rounds.

The two reasons the IAR was required is that the SAW is heavy to handle/transport/walk with and it draws attention and therefor the SAW-gunner became a primairy target to shoot at.

So maybe the "golden" question, which a manufacturer could answer me, but why can you not make an M4, M15/16, HK416 version with a belt-fed option? This to increase the heads-down time. Because one thing we all know is that the more ammo you can dispatch to the other side the greater your chance to get them to give up.

ok im just a civilian so any can not listen if they want :P

Some if not all manufactures are making 100 drum/c-mags for them so we dont have to worry about that. and i think the reason they aren't doing a belt fed version is because i think it would be harder to reload then a magazine fed version.

and the reason for the IAR i believe to to have a weapon that was smaller, and lighter ( obviously thats excluding a drum mag) , and " have a weapon a rifleman can use for his normal duties" the latter is what they said (but i dont know if they ever actually said the former so please correct me if im wrong)

So maybe the "golden" question, which a manufacturer could answer me, but why can you not make an M4, M15/16, HK416 version with a belt-fed option? This to increase the heads-down time. Because one thing we all know is that the more ammo you can dispatch to the other side the greater your chance to get them to give up.

+1, would of worked if the OEM or Ares actually release their Shrike belt fed upper, but on the other hand, it makes it more complicated, and thus, more likely to fail under adverse conditions. I am no expert, and I am not a soldier, but I have heard that the M249, the current SAW that this project aims to replace, jams a lot. I recon it might be because sand can get through the big hole of a feed tray cover, M4 magwell, and muzzle, versus the M4/16, which has smaller ports, such as the mag well, bolt cover, and muzzle.

Kinda like the HK21?

Anyone know if Beta Company fixed the feeding issues with the C-Mag yet?

I am wondering that too, as I heard lots of bad things when a unit tested the said magazines to replace/ compliment belt feds with M4/ M16s in an article.

Archived