USMC IAR

masakarijoe

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FDE...sorta'.

The body is Guarder's Marine MBK in Tan (check out Evike for accurate pics of the coloring), and the rail system will be the ACM DD RASII in FDE.

Stock, pistol grip, and ACOG will be in black, though.

-Vic

Edit: IARtrademarks4.jpg

This is, more or less, what I'm going for. The receiver will be the tan, like the USMC version, though.

Oh, also, somewhat of a random, yet related, question.

I might want to add a carry handle to the IAR. I went for the red dot ACOG, so fitting it to a standard M4 carry handle is not an option. (Went for the red dot ACOG, as it's a bit cheaper, as well as I'm pretty sure it'll fit the bill quite nicely.)

Looking at my options...they're very limited. There are a couple off-the-wall carry handles (made by HurricanE and the like) that also function as scope risers. These will not do, as I find the ACOG high enough. Any more might be awkward.

Then, there's the ever so illusive Smokey's carry handle. It's basically their M82 carry handle, just sold separately. This would work, however, it's quite rare. Sold out just about everywhere.

The final option on the table that I see, is a genuine Barrett M82 carry handle. These are available from Barrett direct, as well as one or two Barrett retailers. The only downside to the real carry handle, is that it's expensive.

Can any of you think of any other options?

-Vic

P.S. Yes, I do realize the origional LWRC did not have a carry handle. However, I am not building the LWRC. It is only my inspiration.

Wouldn't be too hard to make a carry handle, have you considered that? RIS bipod adapter with a length of heat-tempered metal rod, bent to shape, with a handle attached. Would be fairly easy to make, moreso if you have access to molding equipment to injection-mold the carry handle.

maybe just a normal M4 carry handle(either mounts on hanguard rail, or have it in normal place with the RDS mounted forward)? ive seen photos of soldiers with the original handguard mounted, and a aimpoint, or anyother RDS mounted forward. but i dont know how that would be with a ACOG styled sight

So does the LWRC one. Listen to
at 5.10 minutes. It's probably parts of the military reuirments for the IAR.

I think what he was trying to say was this:

From FN "Today FN offers the new Infantry Automatic Rifle (IAR), a unique, highly-adaptable, modular selective fire weapon system that fills the roles of both individual battle rifle and squad automatic weapon in one light, compact package. The magazine-fed FN IAR is capable of firing from a closed bolt in both semi-automatic and fully-automatic modes, yet automatically transitions into open-bolt operation in semi-automatic or fully-automatic before reaching cook-off temperature for a chambered cartridge. "

The color of the receiver's a bit light, however, I'm not all that worried about it. (Camera kinda' made the coloring look a bit off. It looks more sand-ish in person.)

Threw on the EOTech and irons for the picture. These will not be used once my parts come in.

IARPicture-1.jpg

Waiting on the H-Bar barrel extension (will replace the '203 cutout extension), ACOG, and other bits.

Hope to send it in to get the internals done here pretty soon. Expensive, it will be, though.

-Vic

Archived