USMC IAR

masakarijoe

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cant wait to here how it turned out vic.

Anyone know what type on internals should be put in one of these? fFom what i here V2 arent really good for LMG/SAW/IARs( i dont have personal experience, still working on getting primary now :( , but i guess they supposably crack?) even though G&P for their M249, so im confused.

the version 2 wasnt designed for it, but it certainly CAN handle it. plus, its not like you have much of a choice with this rifle ;)

additionally, unless you get a C mag, you will be running it off of magazines anyway, so it shouldnt be a problem. i wouldnt worry about it.

-Joe

the version 2 wasnt designed for it, but it certainly CAN handle it. plus, its not like you have much of a choice with this rifle ;)

additionally, unless you get a C mag, you will be running it off of magazines anyway, so it shouldnt be a problem. i wouldnt worry about it.

-Joe

true about not having much options, and if/when i make this ill definitely be using a C-Mag.

Package still hasn't arrived. *Looks over at Paul...glares at Jesse...*

Anyway, I've been thinking...I'm almost done with the M468 (Huzzah, bitches!), so I'll be able to concentrate on this a bit more (before I send them both off for conversion).

I'm thinking...in order to make mine a bit more unique, yet, functional, I've been thinking of adding M249 elements to my IAR (In other words, beefing it up a bit, giving it somewhat of a M249 feel and look). None of the additions would be permanent. So I can swap between 'LMG' and IAR fairly quickly.

I'll let the picture do the talking.

IARHeavy-1.jpg

Thoughts?

Also, instead of a standard QD suppressor, I'll probably go with a TM Tracer Unit.

-Vic

Archived